2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get the impression that Greta was on the defense side. Normally she has been on the prosecution side. IMO

I've no idea who this Greta person is, but my response to her is: no u

But if I had to guess, I'd wager she's a clueless talking head who knows as much about Dr Vass as he probably cares to know about her.

She has her own hour long show on FOX, she used to cover this case extensively for months in 2008. I think she was/is an attorney but lately all she covers is politics on her show.
I'm just disgusted with the FOX coverage and will now switch to CNN only.

Well, just watched Anderson Cooper right now and they seemed to have gotten it right. They say prosecution's expert witness was very convincing, that kc showed very little to no emotion today and that the defense really scored no points today.
I've been hopping around different news sources and that's the general opinion among the experts. I'm tossing Greta and her ilk in with Geraldo. I don't give weight to an opinion that's served with ad homs.

LOL Maybe I didn't see GVS walk in, she just said Jeanine Pirro was there.

I saw her walk in too. It was just before Court convened and she turned to sit where GA and CA usually sit. I started to post something about it but thought I must've been mistaken since she doesn't report on crime cases anymore, although I was sure it was her.

At any rate, she must be in Orlando since she was just interviewing Jeanine P. in person, who (as she pointed out) WAS there. :waitasec: Wonder why she wouldn't want to admit to being in the Courtroom?

ETA: She just said 'goodnight from Orlando'.

Why do you think Jose wanted "Dr." Vass to come down from the stand to spell it out for him on his drawing board ???? LMAO

For the same reason he asked CA to stand up and look at KC to ascertain she didn't look pregnant. To ridicule Dr. Vass like he ridiculed CA.

Well, just watched Anderson Cooper right now and they seemed to have gotten it right. They say prosecution's expert witness was very convincing, that kc showed very little to no emotion today and that the defense really scored no points today.

Doh! That's what I get for watching GVS instead of AC. Love AC!! And sounds like he has it right!

That was so weird! I don't get that? Was this his visual for the jury?

Does anyone (other than ICA) have any idea why JB does anything he does????

His visual for the jury was just a list of compounds that Dr. Vass had previously testified about - and JB apparently felt it necessary to repeat them on paper for the jury (i.e. magnesium, iron, carbon, etc.) JB wanted Dr. V. to step down from the stand and write/list them on the Doodle board, but I believe SA objected and JB agreed to just do it himself. JB then had difficulty spelling the words: i.e. iron (iorn) and magnesium (he abbreviated mag.)

Maybe the senior DT partner, CM, advised him to do it in an attempt to "re-school" the good doctor - perhaps JB did it because he needed some "filler time" - you know - he didn't have any intelligent questions to counter question the doctor with so this was his way of taking up some court time so he didn't have to talk too much and appear inferior. I called it another one of JB's OODLES OF DOODLES times.... LOL - maybe he felt this would make the jurors think he was as brilliant as the doctor and the SA - after all - the SA /doctor used charts -- so JB decided he would show his own "CHART" LOL Your guess is as good as mine as to why he does half the things he does...

I have a feeling Dr. Vass invented something else while staring at the ceiling during a sidebar.

Maybe he was thinking of how to invent a machine to sniff out <modsnip> lawyers...now that would definitely be something to contribute to the greater good...hehehe...

That terrific and for Caylee's sake I hope the jury shares your view. But that's not what scientific testimony in these types of trials should be about. It should be about science that has been thoroughly vetted, shown to be reproducible, and about results that have been generated through highly controlled conditions.

I can certainly see your point and you have caused me to stop and think about it. However, iirc, the DT had every opportunity to find experts to refute Dr Vass's findings and they failed. In fact, the expert they had in the hearings, for this reason, ended up citing Dr Vass's work, and used it as required reading for his university class.

Leila said:
Barker Ranch in California - the ranch where Charles Manson's "family" lived in the desert after the Tate-LaBianca murders. There's rumored to be a number of bodies buried in or around that ranch.

and I was living in the San Fernando Valley at the time, and I knew 'one of those bodies'... Shorty. :maddening:

sorry it's probably off-topic of you all are discussing right now, but I'm still reading the afternoon trial thread and of course counting the side bars and objections...

Sometimes I think that Mason is purposely sitting back watching Baez make a fool of the defense, just so that he can take first seat in the re trial he believes Casey can get due to ineffective counsel.

Nope. Ratings.

If you're flipping through the news channels and hear crazy talk like that, most people will stop and watch for longer than if they heard something they agree with.

Greta was big on Mark Geragos making points in the Scott Peterson case. How would you say she called that one?

yes, we have done the research. how many times have we noted that MSM gets it wrong? Let us rely on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch