2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone a body language expert? Watching today's coverage and Dr. Vass's testimony, I was especially watching ICA reaction to what he was saying. When asked about the stages of decomposition, Dr. Vass said he would try not to be too morbid. ICA really raises her brows. Then when he gets to the 2nd stage, bloating, she looks away almost as though she is visualizing. Anyone else notice that?

I can't answer your question - sorry.

That's one thing I don't like about the WFTV coverage now that they have the separate 'Casey Cam'. I like to go back and re-watch some of the videos to catch some of the details I missed while trying to read and post here. But since they've implemented the 'Casey Cam', she's no longer shown on the main video that they post.

Does anyone know of any other source that has videos posted of the trial coverage besides WFTV? I know PattyG was posting them via youtube pretty regularly, but she hasn't posted them for a while now.

I must've missed the part about the "divining rods". So is this a hobby for Dr. Vass?

I can personally speak from first hand experience that divining rods DO work!!! We live in the mountains and we had an older man come to our yard to help us find an underground spring. He used his divining rods to point out the spring, followed it and we marked it with flags. Sure enough, when my husband dug it up, there it was! Same spot the divining rods had shown!!!

I just have to say I "heart" Dr. Vass!!! He is so brilliant!!! I love that he LOVES his work! He is like an overly-excited child when he describes his work and results. I think his testimony was excellent and he explained every detail to the jury so they would understand it.

On the other hand, Baez simply batted a zero! All this talk of raw meat creating the fatty acids, etc. was hogwash! I am hoping the jury didn't give JB's remarks a second thought!

LOL the lady talking to GVS says JB made a fool of himself crossing AV. She said the jury loved AV. GVS is just still livin the OJ trial and saying the prosecution didn't need AV...overprosecution...saying it was stupid. Was GVS a defense attorney. Oh be quiet GVS. It wasn't too bad...she just wants to tout her experience with the OJ trial. She said the judge wouldn't let JB question AV about bias. The other lady said Bias? I'll tell you about Baez..he made a fool of himself. :lol:

I had recorded greta to see what she said....man what a disappointment. She has no idea that all this was already done before in a Frye hearing (almost verbatim to today). She's absolutely sure it will be appealable. Wow, i hate all these people showing up at the last minute and throwing their opinions around. and you know she didn't watch all of today's hearing.......just someone's cliff notes. jmo, i'm very disappointed in Greta.

I must've missed the part about the "divining rods". So is this a hobby for Dr. Vass?

I can personally speak from first hand experience that divining rods DO work!!! We live in the mountains and we had an older man come to our yard to help us find an underground spring. He used his divining rods to point out the spring, followed it and we marked it with flags. Sure enough, when my husband dug it up, there it was! Same spot the divining rods had shown!!!

I just have to say I "heart" Dr. Vass!!! He is so brilliant!!! I love that he LOVES his work! He is like an overly-excited child when he describes his work and results. I think his testimony was excellent and he explained every detail to the jury so they would understand it.

On the other hand, Baez simply batted a zero! All this talk of raw meat creating the fatty acids, etc. was hogwash! I am hoping the jury didn't give JB's remarks a second thought!

I'm with you on the divining rods. They work for almost everyone, no faith required. I don't know HOW they work, but they do. In certain countries where current technology is not available, it's the ONLY way they can find water. I've seen it done many times and the rods turn even in my hands. I just don't know what the heck they're telling me. With this divining rod question JB wanted to coin Dr. Vass as a hoaxter. Shame on JB.

As for electronically leashed flies? Why not? We put tracking devices on dolphins, elephants, etc. etc. why not on flies?

I missed posting this morning during the trial thread. I have a quick question....did the Judge have to school Baez on something? Seems I heard that somewhere on tv today?

After watching the afternoon session, I think I know what CA is writing....she's taking notes to sue JB for ineffective counsel. IMO

Short version,he never expected it to work,but he was able to locate several bodies (at the body farm,I think) and was amazed. Back in the trial thread,towards the end of his testimony,someone posted an article. Off to bed.

....and was JB being coached by the Ms. Roper look-alike attorney? Every time he had "no more questions" she seemed to either point him to the next question, or give it to him. Or... is someone texting him the next question to ask?

O M G. I knew there was something about her, but I never put it together! Spot on!

FWIW - a lot of us saw JB looking at his phone just after he said he had no more questions ... and then and JUST ONE MORE QUESTION - oddly enough, all of his questions seemed to reiterate what LKB had said on TeeVee shortly before. This became even more suspect after LKB noted she felt like that (ICA) "was her baby up there!" Oy, just oy.

I'm with you on the divining rods. They work for almost everyone, no faith required. I don't know HOW they work, but they do. In certain countries where current technology is not available, it's the ONLY way they can find water. I've seen it done many times and the rods turn even in my hands. I just don't know what the heck they're telling me. With this divining rod question JB wanted to coin Dr. Vass as a hoaxter. Shame on JB.

As for electronically leashed flies? Why not? We put tracking devices on dolphins, elephants, etc. etc. why not on flies?

Thanks Mohabi!!!

Did JB ask Dr. Vass about divining rods? :waitasec: Was JB doing this hoping to make Dr. Vass seem a little weird? :furious: No matter, Dr. Vass will shine as a bright star in this trial for years & years!!!!

Short version,he never expected it to work,but he was able to locate several bodies (at the body farm,I think) and was amazed. Back in the trial thread,towards the end of his testimony,someone posted an article. Off to bed.

Thank you so much MissJames! :blowkiss:

"The best way to show that a stick is crooked is not to argue about it or to spend time denouncing it, but to lay a straight stick along side it."
D. L. Moody

I really like this quote. I thought ICA when I read it..

I had recorded greta to see what she said....man what a disappointment. She has no idea that all this was already done before in a Frye hearing (almost verbatim to today). She's absolutely sure it will be appealable. Wow, i hate all these people showing up at the last minute and throwing their opinions around. and you know she didn't watch all of today's hearing.......just someone's cliff notes. jmo, i'm very disappointed in Greta.

I knew she had been very into this case back in 08 so I would check in when something interesting happened over the years...but her show was all politics and nothing about this case. I think she realized the case IS again a hot story and is behind the 8 ball. Plus she has GR's opinion plus she wants to use her experience with OJs trial in her commentary. The only good thing was she talked about CA and GA and how they are doing.

O M G. I knew there was something about her, but I never put it together! Spot on!

FWIW - a lot of us saw JB looking at his phone just after he said he had no more questions ... and then and JUST ONE MORE QUESTION - oddly enough, all of his questions seemed to reiterate what LKB had said on TeeVee shortly before. This became even more suspect after LKB noted she felt like that (ICA) "was her baby up there!" Oy, just oy.

What a clear shame that is! Especially considering that Cheney Mason is sitting right there.:waitasec:

Slight newb question here, if it is ok....

I am watching the wftv archives. It does not offer split screen (Which I have heard of,) or any view of the defendant. Are the youtube archives different, or better, than this in that way?

Thanks in advance,
~Khaki

Did you see all that paperwork that ICA was happily signing in an early recess?

I so hope that was the subpeona for Dr Vass that was thwarted! :)

Surprise! Surprise! I think Sims just wants to be able to say she was part of the Casey A. defense team. I don't understand why E. Fryer (?) is there either.

E.Frier is the only one on the defense team I can tolerate at the podium. She is competent and precise and she cites case law. I wish she was death qualified and the sole defense atty.

Thanks Mohabi!!!

Did JB ask Dr. Vass about divining rods? :waitasec: Was JB doing this hoping to make Dr. Vass seem a little weird? :furious: No matter, Dr. Vass will shine as a bright star in this trial for years & years!!!!
IMO, yes, but it just made Dr Vass more endearing. He has an infectious personality and just the type of cool cat you'd expect to see with nth amount of brilliance and qualifications, yet breaking himself off a divining rod. He comes across as very earthy and so comfortable with himself and loves, loves, loves his work.

My opinion...

Morning friends, late arriving..........I have a daughter similar to ICA and last night we had to take my granddaughter away. My heart is heavy but I gotta admit this case gave me and the rest of my family the strength and conviction to go get her. Please pray for us. Thanks for posting about today's trial. I'm here for the routine and escape at the moment while granddaughter rests. She's 3.

Big hugs Gma Kat. The spirit of Caylee is alive and well, and inspiring others to do good things.

....and was JB being coached by the Ms. Roper look-alike attorney? Every time he had "no more questions" she seemed to either point him to the next question, or give it to him. Or... is someone texting him the next question to ask?
No the best (and there were a lot) was when he was looking for a "yes" answer...and the good doctor said no...and Baez kept going clueless that he left Dr. Vass behind...having not answered the question the way he wanted him to. It was kinda like Baez giving a soliloquy. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove