2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know more about the child wrapped in a blanket that Dr. Vass studied. :(

yes, we have done the research. how many times have we noted that MSM gets it wrong? Let us rely on us.
Amen!!

I'm so grateful that lawyers here answer our many questions and we have such brilliant members here pouring over doc dumps, ping maps, etc. I swear I trust what you guys say about his case far more than the talking heads. Any of them. So many lovely people here have devoted hours to learning the evidence, and I'm in awe.

This is the best forum of its kind.

Watching JA's redirect of AV. Just noticed AV has the cutest dimples!!!

Sometimes I think that Mason is purposely sitting back watching Baez make a fool of the defense, just so that he can take first seat in the re trial he believes Casey can get due to ineffective counsel.
...and I was thinking, surely this man has something better to do. There really should be some rule that prevents an attorney to try a death penalty case if they're not death penalty qualified. I don't care if they have a DP attorney on board...he's not doing anything even remotely useful IMO. An attorney should be co-counsel on x number of cases before they can move to first chair. Watching Baez cut his teeth (so to speak) is just asking for trouble...for the defendent and for the State.

I didn't watch today but lurked along the trial thread as I could - and I just have to say - there's no way anything I saw pop up today constitutes "reasonable." I cannot even begin with the hamburger in the trunk scenario! Jury members may reside in a vacuum temporarily - but they're from the same world the rest of us live in. I highly doubt any of this going over well.

I somewhat followed the Scott Peterson trial and I don't recall day after day sounding like it was written by bad sitcom writers! I hope I'm not against TOS in saying that - but this stuff is just so far out of left field I think it's wrapped back around to the right field. And by right - I do mean wrong.

I think I'm confused! Goodnight and catch you all tomorrow!

I just can't think of enough nice things to say about Dr Vass..

Anyone a body language expert? Watching today's coverage and Dr. Vass's testimony, I was especially watching ICA reaction to what he was saying. When asked about the stages of decomposition, Dr. Vass said he would try not to be too morbid. ICA really raises her brows. Then when he gets to the 2nd stage, bloating, she looks away almost as though she is visualizing. Anyone else notice that?

I asked my husband if Dr Vass' divining rod hobby made him a kook. My husband said, 'I think the real question is - if he wasn't a little bit kooky, could he really claim to be a scientist? I think not.'

See I don't find that kooky at all. Divining rods really work. They have been used to find water for a very long time. I have seen it done and I have also tried it. It is truly amazing. I think that the rod has to be made out of specific materials to find specific things. Like a forked willow branch to find water, etc.

This is where I love Dr. Vass when he said he thinks outside the box where would science ever be if we did not perpetuate that? So when were fingerprints excepted as a science? When was dna excpeted as a science? Hell, if we cant find new science, then lets not ever find anything new,.

Anyone a body language expert? Watching today's coverage and Dr. Vass's testimony, I was especially watching ICA reaction to what he was saying. When asked about the stages of decomposition, Dr. Vass said he would try not to be too morbid. ICA really raises her brows. Then when he gets to the 2nd stage, bloating, she looks away almost as though she is visualizing. Anyone else notice that?

No...I missed it. Very interesting. Gotta link and/or time stamp for the video? I would love to re-watch!

I was a very good girl and didn't comment on Dr. Vass on the trial thread, but I have to say that I absolutely adore him! Between his endearing speech impediment and his uncontrolled exuberance while talking about something he's obviously passionate about, I just can't help myself. I really think he came across so well today and all JB did was reinforce it.

Yes, the divining rods are a bit off, but so is a passion for decomposing bodies. The man is a scientist and many scientists I know are a bit "off" but he's just so intelligent and well spoken and adorable..

"I just love saying YAG" ..heehee.. Yep. He hit it right out of the park.

JB's whole meaty garbage theory went right out the window. IIRC, he doesn't have an expert to counter any of the damage (yeah, right) of Dr. Vass, right?

I would love to know more about the child wrapped in a blanket that Dr. Vass studied. :(

I seem to recall a case where a mother drove around with her dead child in the trunk for three months, but I don't remember where it was, nor when.

Lurker alert!!!!

I watch the trial footage after the fact, not live. I also find the corresponding threads and keep up as I go along, (when I can.) I must say, I thank you all for the comentary as it helps me to feel an amount of comradery as I experience all the thoughts, feelings and emotions I have as I go through these "tapes."

So, I guess this is a "Thanks for being there with me" type statement, even though we were there at different times.

Thank you!
~Khaki

PS. I was in stitches tonight when I started to here JB's cross on Dr. Vass. I was laying carpet at the time but decided to quit and come to see what you all were saying as I listened. I knew it would be rewArding. TY. I don't even know whAt to say......

Rambling thoughts by,
~Khaki

...and I was thinking, surely this man has something better to do. There really should be some rule that prevents an attorney to try a death penalty case if they're not death penalty qualified. I don't care if they have a DP attorney on board...he's not doing anything even remotely useful IMO. An attorney should be co-counsel on x number of cases before they can move to first chair. Watching Baez cut his teeth (so to speak) is just asking for trouble...for the defendent and for the State.

....and was JB being coached by the Ms. Roper look-alike attorney? Every time he had "no more questions" she seemed to either point him to the next question, or give it to him. Or... is someone texting him the next question to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove