2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are onto the Manson ranch...which, has no bearing on this case...unless one would like to make an analogy that Casey is like Manson in that neither show any remorse... :(

"It really has no bearing on this case at all" -- Dr. Vass speaking on the Barker Ranch

Manson murders being 40 50 years old has NO Bearing on this case as per Voss.

And agrees the Judge. Jb can't compare the two.

Did you say "I am very frustrated at this time"

Dr Vass: Sounds like something I would say (my addition: I bet right now would be one of those times)

Then when JB said no further questions...I almost did the happy dance...but realized it wasn't for the cross! ug

Objection sustained in relation to the Barker Ranch.

by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 12:46 PM

JP says the conditions are irrelevant and immaterial.

Objection sustained - no Barker ranch questions

trash questions vs. odor of decomp can question

per HHJP

Jury excused.

JB proffer of Dr. Vass. ICA talking to DS.

He was asked to test soil samples from the Barker ranch in 2008. He then went on a trip to the actual site and used several instruments in several locations. As a result, an exploratory excavation ensued. At the depth they dug, they did not find anything. But, at the depth they dug, they just got to the surface of the original ground 40 years ago.

He made the statement at that time that they did not understand the environmental parameters enough. He feels the chemistry is well established.

He was asked if he made the statement that the science was at its infancy. Objection by JA - sustained.

Error rates for coming up with body after GCMS? He said that in 2007-08 they did not fully understand environmental parameters, for example - barometric pressure.

Statement to AP in 2008 - trying to improve science, it is still in its infancy - he could not verify this statement and feels it was taken out of context.

No further questions by JB.

Cross exam of proffer by JA - the limitation of the depth of the dig was time constraints and it was exploratory. No one knows at this point if there are bodies there or not.

HHBP clarifies the Barker Ranch is where Charles Manson buried people. The witness said the murders occurred 40 or 50 years ago and had no bearing on this case.

HHBP - questions regarding Barker Ranch - objections will be sustained. Is irrelevant and immaterial to this case unless it can be shown that it has some bearing or relationship to this case.

Jury coming back in.

The Barker Ranch is irrelevant to this case per HHJP.

Dr. Vass telling HHJP that the Barker ranch has no bearing on this particular case at all.

Yes! HHJP using common sense after allowing JB to do his thing.
Barker ranch info not relevent.

Jury excused will get back to them as soon as they can....

matter to take up without jury present....

Mr. Baez - proceed w/profer....in 3/2008 asked to analyse soil samples for barker ranch....sent soil samples....used gcms....initial findings consistent w/decomp event...later went back to that site.....used samples .....exploratory excavation...

missed some testimony....

we didn't understand environmental factors well enough....the chemicals we understood....

did you make statement while granting interview w/media ....science in it's infancy.....object-sustained unless date time and place....

only time used this specific data base...barker ranch? no

coming up with bodies on gcms - what are error rates? you can measure error rates ....doesn't apply ....in 2007 and 2008 timeframe didn't understand fully environmental perimeters.....

no further questions

STate

on 522/08 - statement of AP reads statement from a reporter...don't know what question was...did you say this is most frustrated I have been? sounds like something I would say.....digging holes is not something....

JA up - time constraints - full explanation...any indications that a burial situation happend....

Barker ranch is a ranch where Charles Manson murdered and buried some people....murders 40 - 50 years ago - no bearing on this case at all..

question deal w/barker ranch - objection will be sustained....cross contamination with trash in car vs. odor of decomp ok to ask but Barker ranch is irrelevant and immaterial....environmental conditional unless shown bearing or relationship to this particluar case......

take a break before return jury

guess allright -
return the jury

JB is going to argue that raw meat, placed in a plastic trash bag left in the hot florida sun MAY cause this. MOO. Not sure if it will raise any kind of reasonable doubt since there was no raw meat found in the trash bag.

He'll have a hard time explaining why kc would have SEVERAL pounds of raw meat in her trunk.

Good job JB tying ICA with killer Charles Manson LMAO

Seems like every time Baez says "No further questions", he doesn't mean it.....He ALWAYS comes back up and ask more questions.

I think he is trying to be sneaky and throw the witness off guard. After he says no more questions, the witness inevitably relaxes. Maybe JB is thinking he will get the witness to contradict themself.

ugh she's smirking again and whispering like a school girl

I wish the jury could see how every SINGLE time before they come in...ICA is laughing and smiling and then adopts a look of "I have mitigating factors, ya'll...I have them..."

YES..Clostridium welchii....and anaerobic conditions...YOU GO Dr. VASS!!!!!!

It is my understanding that Clostridium welchii is the kind of bacteria from intestines and that embalming is done to prevent the tissue gas formed from Clostidium welchii bacteria.

I don't think anybody intended to munch on what became the adipocere-like substance found on the napkins from the white trash bag in the Pontiac trunk. I've been told that Clostridium welchii bacteria is necessary to adipocere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn