2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA pulls trunk spare tire cover out of box for Dr. to ID

does the same with the trunk liners only they are in sealed garbage type bags

Don't you just love it when the witness looks at the jury when they are answering questions.

That's just it does Dr. Vass machine really work?

Nothing changed with Dr Vass or his procedures. JA made a mistake by identifying the unopened can in court. All the cans were the same, except one had been opened.

I love the witnesses, especially the expert ones, who all appear competent, confident, and address the jury. It really makes it so much easier to process all the testimony.

WOW DT did not object to not sayig ALLEGED victim ????

JB, here's your chemist that you wanted so badly yesterday.

How long will it take Baez to ask if he's a physicist?

JB should have graciously bowed out the minute the DP was put back on the table. He's not qualified to defend a capital case and yet there he is.
JB and his crew read here Celt so IMO that's why we're so vocal with our displeasure with him. That's my excuse anyway :)

BBM

I disagree as to that being the reason why everyone is vocal about JB. Most defense lawyers don't get a whole lot of 'benefit of the doubt' on this forum, no matter what trial it is.

I'm new to WB. Have been lurking for about 2 weeks. It's great to be here.
I have a question....

Why doesn't the trunk carpet that they are showing in the courtroom still smell of decomp? Is it because it's been 3 years and the smell has dissipated? Just wondering what ya'll think.

And, what else should a Defense Attorney do? Isn't it their job to serve their client, and not the SA?

You are quite right, this is what it has come down to, win despite the truth of the matter, plea deals and subterfuge, which is great for the accused. But not for victims or their rights. It isn't pretty and it isn't justice but it's what we have to deal with.

I listened to the Tapes by Sierra last night - made it thru Part 6. It seened that JB was putting Dr. Vass through the same questions he had asked during the Frye hearings. He kept inserting the same objections, if not more. I don't know why JG could just use his old interrogation lists, and not revise the questions on which he was overruled. Is it possible that he asks the same failed questions in front of the jury hoping they would remember that there were several questions Vass didn't answer.

I'm new to WB. Have been lurking for about 2 weeks. It's great to be here.
I have a question....

Why doesn't the trunk carpet that they are showing in the courtroom still smell of decomp? Is it because it's been 3 years and the smell has dissipated? Just wondering what ya'll think.

:welcome:

The judge can make a big huge deal out of the fact that that happened and tell the jury to add that into their deliberations. IMHO. :rolleye:

Witness: employed with the FBI. Forensic Chemist Examiner. He has two bachelor of sciences. bachelor of science in chemistry and a Phd....

Ever called to testify in the field of forensic chemistry, approx 12 to 15 times. Mainly in federal court but...

JA: in aug in 2008 did you receive items in reference to a victim named Caylee Marie Anthony?

yes

JA: I will show you these things and see if you recognize

yes

JA: recognize?

yes I do

JA: moved into evidence

HHJP: what says the defense? no objections it is received into evidence.

JA: did you also during the break look at exhibit "".

I recognize my initials.

HHJP: it will be received into evidence as states numbered...

JA: "" for identification did you see this on the break?

yes

JA: states seeks to enter "IL"

HHJP: received (I hear a train in the distance, my whole life a train whistle is a sign of comfort to me. )

JA: Recognize?

yes, on the heat seal

HHJP: received into evidence.

JA: state's exhibit ""

I recognize my initials

JA: exhibit "" (JA is not always near mic)

I recognize

HHJP: will be received

Oh Look - isn't it great the Lawyers are playing so nicely in the courtroom. JB was unhappy Dr. Vass was not a chemist, so look, JA has brought him a chemist. Now they can all have a happy day.

I agree, but there is a difference between criticism and "spiking the football." I think that line gets crossed much too often around here. JMO, though.

For me the defense crossed the line in opening statement. I hate sensationalism and accusing innocent people with no basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela