2011.06.08 Sidebar (Trial Day Thirteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the photo that Brewer circled - same location where Gerus alerted with Forgey

:tyou: ThinkTank :thumb: I posted that right before we came back from the last break. Thank you.

And :takeabow: for not just the sleuthing from today regarding Casey Anthony usage of some type of electronic device in court, but all the utterly amazing sleuthing you have done during this case. :clap:

:twocents:

Just imagine how shocked the jurors were today hearing that any searches happened for chloroform at all! And then there is more testimony coming to clarify it.

They heard all the testimony about chloroform and decomp in car, now that someone was looking it up. That must have really rocked them awake. We have known it for 3 years, they are just learning about it.

Think about, have you ever looked up chloroform, how to make it, or anything as such, before this case? Would you have?

It is not so subtle a hint is it? That the detectives from the first days of the investigation were looking at chloroform. Imagine what the jurors are thinking about. Tiny piece here, tiny piece there. I know I as a juror would be asking myself wait, chloroform again? Why was this nagging at LE like it was?

did someone confiscate ICA's eyebrow pencil? her eyebrows are looking a tad sparse today. :p

Inquiring minds want to know...:

Why were the cadaver dogs asked to search only the back yard and not the rest of the house?

I don't know if they've adressed that in any police reports but I'd say because people usually don't keep rotten decomposing bodies with them in their homes. After a month missing, I don't think they'd expected a decomposing body still be kept inside.

But this is my opinion, not based on any released reports.

I can't figure out why this has not been reported to the OCSO. If she is communicating with the witnesses, somebody needs to know about it,

Absolutely. They got an exception to the sequestration rule, it wouldn't surprise me at all if CA was abusing it. I don't know why HHJP doesn't have ALL cellphones turned off during court.

Powerful enough to prove there was a dead body there, but does it prove it was murder? Does it prove who murdered her? Those are the questions the jury has to ask when deliberating Count #1. Otherwise, it could just have easily been an accident that she was too stupid to get help with, and tried to cover up, in which case, she would only be convicted on the lesser charges.

I agree with most that this is murder, but the State has to make that link. They just can't say "there was a body here." And then leave it at that. Now, based on their chronological presentation, we're not at the point where they'll make that link, and I suspect they will, but right now, they haven't proved murder (beyond a reasonable doubt). JMO, though.

I think this will come into play with Dr. G. She will testify as to why the ME office says that this is a homicide even though the cause of death is not known- a child, found in the woods with duct tape on her mouth is enough for the ME office to say it is a homicide.
Is there a direct link to how she exactly dies? No. But definitely aggravated child abuse resulting in death.
The jurors can make this link as well when they hear how she explains it. Now add the chloroform and driving around with the body...
Scott Peterson was convicted of murder not based on how Laci died but how and where her body was found. This tells as much as cause of death in these cases. There was a lot less evidence in that case as well.

Quick question...does anyone know if the jurors were taking notes during the prosecutions case or the defense. Specifically during the dog stuff and this last computer witness? Anyone recieving tweets w/ this info?

OMG! LKB needs to shut up. She doesn't even know what she is saying - She just told Mike Brooks that Caylee died in the pool, so there would not be any decomposition odor.

DUH! There was an odor, therefore she DID NOT die in the pool! :gavel:

I personally feel she is shopping for a book deal...after all she is billing this as a great mystery and can't wait to find out more.....:sick:

Have there been any estimates as to how much this trial is going to cost the great State of Florida?

Can anyone point me to a video of the moment when JB asks Yuri about Casey committing suicide? I never got to see it and don't know how to narrow it down. TIA!

OMG! LKB needs to shut up. She doesn't even know what she is saying - She just told Mike Brooks that Caylee died in the pool, so there would not be any decomposition odor.

DUH! There was an odor, therefore she DID NOT die in the pool! :gavel:

And we know from Jason Forgey's testimony that dogs CAN find deceased humans under water. Apparently Kenney-Baden is NOT paying close attention to the testimony!

:banghead:

Do you guys think ICA has told JB exactly what happened? or do you think he actually believes the drowning/molestation thing?

who is a mock juror? why are people talking about a mock juror on this forum?

Inquiring minds want to know...:

Why were the cadaver dogs asked to search only the back yard and not the rest of the house?

IIRC They did a preliminary sweep of the premises and in the yard they found places where the earth had been 'disturbed' then called for the dogs to investigate that..

Originally Posted by ThinkTank
From watching the Inmate and Cindy over the past few days, I am convinced that Cindy is texting with the Inmate through Lisabeth Fryer's cell phone and also through Sims. It appears to me that the Inmate is rebuffing whatever Cindy is trying to convey to her. I believe I saw the Inmate mouth the words "it's not gonna happen" yesterday, to Sims.

June 4th - Fryer shows the Inmate her cell phone and scrolls down the message for her. The Inmate mouths "thank you".
The Inmate tells Sims about it with a smirk on her face.
Sims looks out in the audience to where Cindy sits and mouths "where is she at".

The Inmate is seen on a laptop during a break - the light from the electronic device eluminates the Inmate's face while she has it in her lap, and looking around to see who is observing her doing this.

My question is, could this not be considered witness tampering? :waitasec:

I can't figure out why this has not been reported to the OCSO. If she is communicating with the witnesses, somebody needs to know about it,

BRBM: Good points ! ICA is getting away with waaaaaaaay too much at the table and in the courtroom.

:waitasec:

If ICA is "texting" and "communicating" through the DT's cell phones, or any other electronic devices while she is sitting in the courtroom -- which she is still an "inmate" ...

Can a MOTION be filed to see what she is "texting" and to "whom" ?

If ICA were having a "phone" conversation with someone while in jail, it would be videotaped and released pursuant to rules under the Sunshine Law.

So if ICA is using a "phone" even while in court -- under the Sunshine Laws of the State of Florida -- would this qualify ?

Anyone have any other thoughts ... TIA !

The one question they won't be able to answer convincingly: If it was an accident, why cover it up? Their possible answer: so she wouldn't be blamed. But she got blamed for not reporting Caylee missing for 31 days anyways. And she would've definitely got blamed after they discovered the body tossed like trash. I suppose they'll say Casey was scared of Cindy. Rewind those jailtapes - that was not a daughter talking that she was afraid of her mother. "Put Dad back on the phone, just, ugh, this is the first time I'm angry, just ugh, put Dad back on the phone."

did someone confiscate ICA's eyebrow pencil? her eyebrows are looking a tad sparse today. :p

In one of her letters she talks about colouring her face with pencils - so I'm guessing the pencils are running out.

Thanks! OT, but I'm trying to delete a lot of pictures/graphics stored on my computer for the simple reason I have too many and it's taking forever for my anti-virus to do it's daily scan. I thought I might transfer to Photobucket to free up my computer. :)

Get an external hard drive and transfer them onto that. (Very simple... you plug it in and just "copy" the pictures to the external drive.)

That way if photobucket goes away your pictures don't... you will have them backed up somewhere else. Plus you will have the full size, original quality pictures that way. You can get an external that is as big or bigger than your computer hard drive. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma