2011.06.08 Sidebar (Trial Day Thirteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the many videos taken by kc of Caylee ...kc does not interact with Caylee....think how unnerving it would be to have someone put a camera in your face and not respond to you....also the camera could be frightening to a child - although it appears that Caylee becomes accustomed to it after awhile (IMO)....

Caylee is attempting to get the videographer to interact with her....only to have all of her non-verbal and verbal requests unresponded to.....we were feeling her confusion, sadness, isolation, fear - perhaps?, and saw her repeated attempts to obtain interaction with person filming (presumably kc)..... knowing what we know of kc....her emotional states are not what we would normally expect in others....Caylee felt this as well... there is a significant difference when Caylee was cuddling with great grandpa....they were emotionally in tune....she was comfortable against his chest....snuggling and nothing was being required of her in the moment.....compare and contrast when CA kept trying to get her to perform....sing your song.....read the book... also performance is required by GA in the video when he is filming KC with Caylee riding on her Mom's legs on the living room floor.....Caylee Marie...he calls to her..... that video shows parent/child interaction that I find fascinating!

Good post. That video of Caylee on ICA's legs bothers me. I don't think Calyee is enjoying it at all. It all looks forced to me for show...

I don't think it was planning for the exact moment as much as she was starting to think about it. She was getting to end of her rope with Caylee and her parents making her be responsible. March is also when Cindy cut her off from stealing from Cindy's accounts. Yes, Casey lives ten minutes at time, but the thinking was there. She was at a point that she was wanting to do something drastic about her situation. What scares me is that the thought that she had to resort to murder to fix her situation was seeded in her brain, and the more searches she did, the more I think she was really wanting to do it. That thought became something that she probably dreamt about, not as a nightmare, but as a way to get her old life back, or create a new, better life for herself. And three months later, Caylee paid the price for this new thinking that resulted in her taking the actual step of killing the responsibility she never wanted.

And living ten minutes at a time is why she visited How To Make Chloroform website 84 times, and probably why it took three more months for her thinking to come to fruition. And it's also why she didn't get away with this. She thought she was smart, but dear LORD was she stupid. I bet she thought chloroform was the answer to her situation. I don't think she looked at it further than it knocks a person out. I seriously don't. That's what makes this scarier. She's not smart and she thought she could pull this off anyway. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to commit a murder, just to get away with one.

And we've seen she's a fast thinker on her feet. I don't think someone like her required a lot of forethought and planning. She was able to get away with stealing from people for years without getting caught. She thought murdering Caylee would be just like that, that she would get away with it like she got away with everything else.

Dear God, 84 times just keeps repeating over and over and over in my head...

Another good point! and FWIW, she always got caught stealing, she just wasn't held to task for it. Shame because had she been given consequences for her actions we might not be here today.

I'm really hate to ask and am apologizing in advance, but I've been out of the loop since 9:30am. Can someone please, please give me the Reader's Digest version of any highlights I may have missed today. I'm headed to read the the trial threads and watch the videos, but I'd so appreciate a brief synopsis. Thanks so much. :innocent:

I did not see everything but will give you what I did.

The witnesses were 1 for dog Bones, wonderful testimony, Bones is great, it was much shorter than yesterday, can't remember if JB got any points there, he too kept it short.

The rest were about cell phones, cameras, and computers, took too long, way complicated. Turns out KC bookmarked a site (maybe 2?) on chloroform, looked at one 84? times, not sure what else was figured out there. The phones and cameras did not get too in depth yet, I am thinking as LDB said all of this days testimonies by these experts is leading up to a big shabang.

Sorry so brief, but that is the best I can do. Not good with words or translating data in my head. :crazy:

Hopefully someone will give you something more clear.

ETA: KC hid behind Mac laptop most of day, only looked up when JB testified and when they got to the chloroform sites, and I missed this, but had a tiny tantrum at the end of the day.

Just jumping off your post so please don't feel picked on. ICA was lazy. No way she made chloroform. No way she picked up a shovel to place sand anywhere. She's too darn lazy.

If anything, she would lie to someone about making chloroform, but I don't buy for a moment she made it with her own hands.
BBM

I don't get why some people say that. KC was a schemer, a conniver, a thief and a prolific liar, always looking to get something over on someone else to benefit herself. Just because she wasn't smart enough to think it all through doesn't mean she couldn't/wouldn't do it. She wasn't lazy when it came to scamming her mother & grandmother out of money. She wasn't lazy when stole Amy's money. She wasn't lazy when she wanted something for herself and she knew it had to be scammed from someone else to get it.

84 times-- Was she considering this that many times, or was she actually following the recipe? I can see KC repeating it over and over if she was successful even once... :mad:

I missed most of the trial today (darn work getting in the way), but I have seen alot of comments about ICA graduating.

I live in Orlando, and have kids in the public school system here. While the guidance counselor try to do everything they can so that you graduate and give you plenty of notice if they think you won't, the school board here will not let you walk unless you have all your credits. There usually is a county wide graduation at the end of summer for everyone who had to make up credits during summer school. They are real sticklers here about it.

I'm really hate to ask and am apologizing in advance, but I've been out of the loop since 9:30am. Can someone please, please give me the Reader's Digest version of any highlights I may have missed today. I'm headed to read the the trial threads and watch the videos, but I'd so appreciate a brief synopsis. Thanks so much. :innocent:

62208023-08114102.jpg

Bones, the cadaver dog, was the star of the show in my opinion. The deputy whose cadaver dog also alerted to the spots in Casey family's backyard testified today. After that we had a very professional computers forensic lady who testified about all the searches done on Casey's cellphone, simcard, laptop and the family desktop computer. Her supervisor then testified about his involvement in looking for the keyword "Chloroform" in the computerfiles, deleted or not. He then at an event, approached a man who was giving a lecture about computer software that can trace files on computers. The man in question then looked through an exact copy of the harddrive that the supervisor had with him. After a lot of confusing testimonies regarding user v.s auto-generated searches/links we finished off the day by the state stressing that the chloroform searches were done manually and that one site in particular, "how to make chloroform", was visited 84 times.

84 times-- Was she considering this that many times, or was she actually following the recipe? I can see KC repeating it over and over if she was successful even once... :mad:

I can see her pulling up the site every time she used it.

Oh do I hope there's a video of her purchasing the ingredients to make it.

Since the funeral I have not been able to watch videos of my son and I can't watch videos of Caylee any more. I go to the dark place and can't crawl out.

But I'm so glad you are showing them and others can remember her as she was,honor her and love her.

Thank you.

MissJames,
you are so brave to post your feelings. I know how you feel - I can't watch my son's videos either, even hard to look at his photos without heading into my own dark place, but I refuse to put them away.
I am coming to the point where I can't look at Caylee's photos, and have to turn off the trial at times. I was just thinking how lucky ICA was to have that baby but she threw her away - and how I'd give anything to have mine back for 5 seconds.
xo

I've been doing that. Not to upset anyone. I just sometimes see the trial threads full of complaining about how the testimony is "boring". It bugs me.

This is real life, and not a TV show meant to entertain people.

I only post stuff to remind people what this case is about. I see what you are saying, but I wanted to clarify why I have been doing it.

I appreciate the pics, Softail. They help me keep my priorities straight.

BBM

I don't get why some people say that. KC was a schemer, a conniver, a thief and a prolific liar, always looking to get something over on someone else to benefit herself. Just because she wasn't smart enough to think it all through doesn't mean she couldn't/wouldn't do it. She wasn't lazy when it came to scamming her mother & grandmother out of money. She wasn't lazy when stole Amy's money. She wasn't lazy when she wanted something for herself and she knew it had to be scammed from someone else to get it.

It's perspective and it's okay for me to think that way. :D I believe she was lazy because rather than using her energy to make a better life for her and her daughter, she schemed and scammed. To me that's just one definition of lazy.

ETA: She was lazy because she let everyone else work to take care of her baby. It was easier for her to steal than to be an adult and work to support herself and her daughter. That's nothing if it's not lazy.

I saw the same thing, katydid. Re the bolded: Lizabeth (sp?), who was blocking the camera, had her cell phone in hand that showed a text message. She was trying to get others to read the message and finally got CM's attention. He was reading and discussing with her when the pic faded black.

Something happened for sure. Casey was really upset and letting everyone know about it. It's as animated as I've ever seen her, just short of one of her tizzies.

Thanks for this. I didn't know much about who that was in front of her.

I saw the whole thing all the way to ICA leaving the courtroom. She kind of got in to it with CM and the bailiff came and stood next to her, by the door. She seemed to get more and more heated and I *think* at one point looked at the bailiff. And then somebody pointed to the door (I can't remember who) and she pointed to the door, said something angrily and got up. She straightened her skirt, made some kind of hand gesture to CM and huffed out.

FWIW, one thing that has stuck with me ALL day, is something that momtective posted earlier today...

IF (as the defense claims) Caylee drowned in the pool and IF Jose concedes that the dog hits might have hit on a dead body in the back yard....

Why would someone carry Caylee from the pool to the opposite side of the yard before she was set down (presumably in the area the dogs hit on)? Seems like you would set her down immediately to try to do CPR, or just because she might have been somewhat heavy) Why carry her all the way across the yard just to set her on the ground in THAT spot? Seems more like a place someone would set her on the way to the playhouse/garage:)

It really hit me when momtective posted this earlier (she had a picture, too, which was much more effective!) and I just wanted to say thanks:) :wave:

THANKS momtective!

momtective said:
"The pool is on the opposite side of the yard...why would anyone carry her that far?"

Attachments

• Anthonybackyard.jpg
    Anthonybackyard.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 31
I did not see everything but will give you what I did.

The witnesses were 1 for dog Bones, wonderful testimony, Bones is great, it was much shorter than yesterday, can't remember if JB got any points there, he too kept it short.

The rest were about cell phones, cameras, and computers, took too long, way complicated. Turns out KC bookmarked a site (maybe 2?) on chloroform, looked at one 84? times, not sure what else was figured out there. The phones and cameras did not get too in depth yet, I am thinking as LDB said all of this days testimonies by these experts is leading up to a big shabang.

Sorry so brief, but that is the best I can do. Not good with words or translating data in my head. :crazy:

Hopefully someone will give you something more clear.

ETA: KC hid behind Mac laptop most of day, only looked up when JB testified and when they got to the chloroform sites, and I missed this, but had a tiny tantrum at the end of the day.

Thank you SO much! Just what I was looking for - just a brief overview. So no real bombshell moments? Was Baez respectful in his cross or was he going with his 'Perry Mason' style?

THANKS momtective!

momtective said:
"The pool is on the opposite side of the yard...why would anyone carry her that far?"

anyone remember what three sliding glass doors are there? IIRC it's the living room near the pool, kitchen in the middle and the Master bedroom which would be closer to the playhouse?

Thank you SO much! Just what I was looking for - just a brief overview. So no real bombshell moments? Was Baez respectful in his cross or was he going with his 'Perry Mason' style?

Err, both! He was mad at the end about the cache back guy that noted 84 times, before he even got to the podium, so that guy got the worst of it. The usual are you doing this for money, trying to confuse and conflict. It didn't work out well for him. The other ones he was a bit "nicer" too. Either it is b/c he is not tech savvy, or he has realized they will give lengthy answers that end up helping the State when he is being not so nice. :)

I think 84 visits to a chloroform site was the only bombshell. JB did it to himself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz