2011.06.09 Sidebar (Trial Day Fourteen):

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a play for the jury and nothing more, just like all morning leading up to it. When Judge Perry told the jury not to speculate, she went into overdrive so as not to make them have to speculate, complete with stomach clutching and again unable to stand up....no problem standing up to get her behind out of that courtroom. She's full of horse manure.

Wait until Casey gets to prison. If you get sick, there is no immediate medical treatment (unless it's a life threatening situation, and even then transport may take some time). Even getting to see a Dr. for a non emergent illness takes days, sometimes a week or more. She will be in for quite a culture shock. She's going to walk in with a bad rep anyway, so any expectation of special treatment from her, will seal the deal. She's being treated very special now, all that ends when she enters DOC. And, she thinks things are bad now ? HA !

Calling BS on ICA and jmo. Judge Perry will NEVER let her illness real or phantom sideline the case if has to sit a medic and a nurse beside ICA...........move over JB.

Really? Wow - the prisoners get better treatment than my husband. He suffered from AFIB for years (pain, heart beating out of control). The emergency room never kept him overnight. Once they got the HB under control, they sent him home. Could be an hour, could be 2. I think the most was 4-6 hours. He did finally have surgery to fix it, but more often than not, I had to keep watch over him.

MOO

Mel

That is a shame. I'm sorry to hear that.
We treat prisoners better than any other state..and they are a pain to deal with, because those who are "hamming it up" treat the staff poorly and like servants :(

I am sorry but I think that any monster that throws their baby out like garbage for animals to ravage her deserve to be destroyed because they are evil.

I don't disagree, I was just making the point of what the general consensus was on here so judging whether she's 'crying' or not makes no difference.

She's going to get heckled like mad on her way back to her "dorm"... I bet the other inmates watch this gavel to gavel in the common room. jmo

WAIT!!! Doesnt this go against the defense theory that she has no emotions and that is why she acted the way she did during the 31 days. These are only the photos, she saw her daughter's actual dead body back then and held it in her arms and then went to blockbuster and rented a movie. Doesnt this blow their "she has no emtions theory"

I think ICA is really sick. I think she made herself sick as she relived what she did. Guilt will make you very sick, it can disable you. Usually nausea is connected with fear, pain with guilt. I think we were seeing nausea - which makes sense with ICA. Fear of what is going to happen to her as she sees the evidence pile up. The illness is real, IMO, but pay attention to the cause.
When she heard the news of Caylee's remains being found, she complained of the chains (shackles) being too tight and hurting - that was guilt IMO.
Today was fear for herself.

ITA - she wasn't faking, but I think she was remembering how disgusting the sight and smell of Caylee was - her mind took her there whether she wanted it to or not.

jmhoo but the "illness" was due to epic fail in defense argument:

1)remember when JB and CM on cross repeatedly tried to get the first two experts to say the tape was not affixed, or "floating free" (one of their arguments and a big one imhoo and remember how involved ica is in her case

2)ica okay at this point... does the tear thing

3)it is when Dr. Utz gets on the stand and completely blows the defense theory out of the water with the tape that she forgets the tears and starts to get seriously ill

4)we see the mask of duct tape... with tape that was still affixed... that had separated... but the fabric of the tape was still on the skull...

5)recess for the day because casey is "ill"

moo

I wondered the same thing, because he Perry asked the reportes not to ask the Lawyers on either side any questions, could it be that she will try to make a plea deal, as maybe just maybe she now sees that there is no way out for her but the DP, I do not know how her mind works, any takers!!
She did look sick, but only becuase she sees no ending, or the ending she thought would come about, she would just be free, and go on as usual, but now if it is true her family have turned their back on her, so I really am not sure what is going on!

I answered this up thread. No. If she is not okay, she will not be there and everything is at a standstill unless the defense waives her right to be there(ETA: Which they won't do) or until she is okay.

The Judge is making sure this does not happen in front of the jurors. Wonder what lectures she will be given later? Will the Judge find caselaw to have KC not in the Courtroom? What will be the outcome of today's shenanigans? Anyone have any ideas?

I totally agree with what others here have said...........ICA's performance was simply a sideshow and a sympathy ploy. We've all seen the vast difference between how ICA acts when the jury is in the courtroom and when they're not. I don't believe for one second that Casey is really ill!

Some thoughts on all of this........................

The state has stated that they expect to end their case in chief on Friday, June 17th. Losing this afternoon session will put them behind, so I think we can expect that unless there's further delays, the state won't rest until Saturday, June 18th.

I hope this won't have any impact on the jurors. I'm particularly concerned about juror #4. Yesterday on Nancy Grace, Jeanne Casarez stated that juror #4 doesn't take many notes and when she does, it's when the defense is cross examining a witness. She spends a lot of time gazing at Casey. This woman is the juror who stated during jury selection that she could judge someone else. Jeanne Casarez is very concerned that this woman could cause a hung jury.

I'm glad that Dr. G wasn't waiting outside in the hall to testify. She's a busy woman and shouldn't have to forfeit a day at work because the defendant is faking illness.

A plea? It's too late for a plea deal, but she could change her plea to guilty and throw herself on the mercy of the court. But, I doubt Casey is capable of accepting responsibility for her crime.

I think this was a defense ploy to get the attention in the news tonight off the photos and have them talking about this instead. I dont beleive she was sick for second. She has been laughing and being a paralegal during the smell of decomp and everything else that has been discussed so far.

:rocker: I agree ...

This was definitely orchestrated by the DT and ICA so the "talking heads" would NOT focus on the crime scene photos.

The DT and ICA want the "talking heads" to focus on ICA -- not the fantastic job the SA Team did and the damning evidence which will seal ICA's fate -- LWOP or DP !!

Yesterday, I had a vision of ICA searching on her computer looking for how to make chloroform and how to break necks. I imagined her doing so while Caylee was there.

Caylee was alive and in that house in March 2008 when ICA did her computer searches! If that part is true, then I don't expect to ever see geniune remorse from ICA.

How much worse could the truth be to not have told it long ago. The truth was bad and ICA knew it. I think it's the premeditated part that will be revealed in this trial.

Most definitely. You can also bring on water poisoning which causes your electrolytes to go totally unbalanced and can mimic an anxiety attack and it's symptoms. Fast breathing, fast heart rate, feeling like you're going to vomit, your skin feels like it's crawling, etc... my friends little boy did this last summer on a dare from a friend "Can you drink 10 bottles of water in 10 minutes"... he ended up in the ER.

A few yrs back a radio station had a contest to see who could drink the most water..well the girl who won also died.................... :(

I think she walked down the hall, to

The End

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDN9y2vTdUs"]YouTube - ‪The Doors - The End (1967)‬‏[/ame]

she takes it all the way, no matter what

If she pleas she has to tell us what happened. I don't think she'll do it. jmo

well, I understand that it will be difficult for her to say what happened but

she will tell a VERSION of the story of what happened, you know the kind where it was part accident, part bad luck, part evil, part blah blah blah
etc etc etc

what is killing her is the vault is wide open and there is nothing she can do about it, if she tells a story and gets a plea, then she closes the vault.

Most definitely. You can also bring on water poisoning which causes your electrolytes to go totally unbalanced and can mimic an anxiety attack and it's symptoms. Fast breathing, fast heart rate, feeling like you're going to vomit, your skin feels like it's crawling, etc... my friends little boy did this last summer on a dare from a friend "Can you drink 10 bottles of water in 10 minutes"... he ended up in the ER.

Not with 3 small bottles of water, not enough to make anyone sick enough to vomit, she was in the courtroom a few hours to consume that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela