2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I think Caylee's death was intentional - does anybody remember one of the talking heads on HLN saying ICA wanted to give the baby to a friend or give the baby up for adoption but CA wouldn't let her? If that is the case it explains the lack of emotion from ICA in the courtroom - she never wanted the poor precious baby.

I was so proud today!!!
When Dr. G. was talking about the statistics on child drownings and she was so emotional - I thought it was from anger because she was outraged the Defence team dared to suggest that a small child whose face was duct taped, was bagged and tossed in a swamp to rot was in fact an accidental drowning.
She scored huge points and made the defense look just plain silly by suggesting it - no insisting on it in their opening statement.

GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!

EXACTLY! Dr. G made it absolutely clear that Caylee's little body was trashed less respectfully than you or I would dispose of roadkill.

Right now I think Caylee's death was intentional - does anybody remember one of the talking heads on HLN saying ICA wanted to give the baby to a friend or give the baby up for adoption but CA wouldn't let her? If that is the case it explains the lack of emotion from ICA in the courtroom - she never wanted the poor precious baby.
Yes. I remember there was some discussion that ICA wanted a friend to adopt Caylee.

Another very important day in this trial, and, I'll say very damaging to Casey! Not only Dr. G was great, but also those that also contributed to the recovery of Caylee.

My heart goes out to the jury members, who have been instructed that they cannot discuss what they've heard in court with anyone. The length of time that they must keep all of this to themselves, without discussing it, must be so very hard on the jurors.

I've been thinking about this too. Why can't they discuss what they're thinking/feeling so far in the case just among themselves?
I'd think it would help them to process all the information - it's so much.
Anyone know why, since they will all be at the verdict table?

I've been thinking about this too. Why can't they discuss what they're thinking/feeling so far in the case just among themselves?

Because they must come to their individual conclusions first. Not be tainted by another's thoughts or feelings.

Deliberation is when all 12 can then hash and re-hash the differing ideas, opinions and observations.

I am waiting to see who the DT brings in to say Caylee died of drowning and TRY to discredit Dr.G-I can hear their expert now!!
ME-up against Dr.G-what are you smoking?I think not!!

I've been taking screen shots and notes all day to show Casey's reaction to what is said. Takes a while to put it all together though. Here's from this morning.
ForensicAnthropologiststestimony2a-1.jpg

That is a lot of work STEADFAST, and well done!

Interesting that there are only about 3 poses being shown in all of the photos, and 1 emotion.

Based on Baez questioning the last witness, he was inferring that the while cloth bag with handles (Whitney bag), was wrapped with the duct tape to keep it closed? Is this their theory for the duct tape use? And it just happened to wrap around Caylee's mouth?

Fortunately for our justice system, the standard of "concrete proof" is not the legal standard that has to be met. Beyond a reasonable doubt is not a 100% certain standard.

ICA has been allowed to get away with so many "bad acts" during her lifetime, and this time I'm praying the jury will hold her accountable.

I have to say, I have been waiting on the maggot evidence for about 2.5 years now...I hope there is another bombshell for the state.

Because they want to avoid having anyone feeling intimidated or swayed by others who have stronger personalities. Each individual has to sit and reflect upon the evidence personally for the duration of the trial. At the end, when they come together, each one can bring something to the table.

Based on Baez questioning the last witness, he was inferring that the while cloth bag with handles (Whitney bag), was wrapped with the duct tape to keep it closed? Is this their theory for the duct tape use? And it just happened to wrap around Caylee's mouth?

Yeah. How does that work? It is my understanding that the Whitney Laundry bag has a wire rim. Is that correct? These were the Whitney Laundry bags sold as pairs?

We thought the SAO was going to argue Caylee died from chloroform. Crap...now what do we do? We spent all our time planning to discredit Vass and now you tell us we guessed wrong?

So the duct tape didn't hold the mandible in place but instead it was the significant root growth?Crap....did we just support SIGNIFICANT root growth? Take it back take it back.

Dr. G. you couldn't rule out a drowning?
Crap...she just said in 100% of drowning cases she has seen there was a 911 call. Can we say KC lost the # to 911? It was in her other phone?

Hair is on top of the head so how do you explain the mat being posterior? Crap we didn't expect him to say skin slippage.

this is such a great post :floorlaugh:

i envisioned when Homer Simpson called the operator and asked "what's the number for 911?!"

Way back during the "Make him stop" incident they should have known what the argument would be. :waitasec:

Ashton said, Caylee could have taken the duct tape off of herself, unless she was restrained physically or chemically.

To me it was clear they were going to argue that she was given the chloroform, which then made it EASIER to put the duct tape on AND prevented her from removing the duct tape.

So using BOTH chloroform and duct tape, but arguing it was most likely the duct tape that actually killed her.

I swear, I could have been a better attorney for Casey.

People like Casey, are the reason I decided not to become an attorney.

We thought the SAO was going to argue Caylee died from chloroform. Crap...now what do we do? We spent all our time planning to discredit Vass and now you tell us we guessed wrong?

So the duct tape didn't hold the mandible in place but instead it was the significant root growth?Crap....did we just support SIGNIFICANT root growth? Take it back take it back.

Dr. G. you couldn't rule out a drowning?
Crap...she just said in 100% of drowning cases she has seen there was a 911 call. Can we say KC lost the # to 911? It was in her other phone?

Hair is on top of the head so how do you explain the mat being posterior? Crap we didn't expect him to say skin slippage.

I don't think that theory is going to work. Wasn't the tape wrapped all the way around her head?

Fortunately for our justice system, the standard of "concrete proof" is not the legal standard that has to be met. Beyond a reasonable doubt is not a 100% certain standard.

If I were on a jury, there would have to be concrete proof before I'd vote for a DP verdict. I wouldn't go that route if I had any doubt at all.

Charles Manson is still alive.

Yeah. How does that work? It is my understanding that the Whitney Laundry bag has a wire rim. Is that correct? These were the Whitney Laundry bags sold as pairs?

A wire rim??

I just had an image of Baez in court...

"A wire rim?? You mean, like an under wire??" :floorlaugh:

So does anyone have any idea what sort of case Baez is going to put on and who his witnesses are? Does anyone think he can make a dent in the States case with that ridiculous story he told in opening??

Yes, it was just lying in the swamp when a dead child came along, inside a couple of bags, and it migrated during the flood, and just happened to end up stuck to the back of her hair, under her chin, all the way across her nose and mouth, where it stayed so firmly attached that the mandible didn't fall off as it normally would once it was no longer anchored by muscles and soft tissues.
'S easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member