2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I know HHJP told the jury not to speculate as to why they were adjourned from court early yesterday...but as human beings with brains...does anyone actually think their minds were not wondering and coming up with ICA tried to make herself :sick: I don't know...even if I had not seen the coverage and been here for these years...after the testimony already I would be questioning her behavior. They have to be.

The crowd craziness, and ills of Casey, reminds me all too much of the MJ trial: from getting sick and slowing up the process to the chanting and carrying on outside the courthouse... yeah, totally reminds me of circus of that trial. At this point, I would not be surprised if Cheney Mason jumps on top of an SUV and starts moonwalking... startled, yeah... surprised, no. :)

BBM Thanks for that mental image! :floorlaugh:

They also said she didn't look yesterday. I saw her glance at the first one of Caylee's skull and dry heave. She did it on purpose to induce emotion in herself IMO.

ITA - she didn't look at anything.
Wonder what will happen today??

Good morning all ! What a day yesterday, I woke up at 2 am unable to go back to sleep. I'm usually a pretty good sleeper. I also had to turn off the TV shows, about the case, last night, especially after LKB was on some show (can not take her).

I was still up past 2:30am. I have been up since 6:45 .... on third mug of coffee. Next one will be a mug of coconut island coffee. Yummy. I don't use voice on my iPhone cause we all text here and I get to use my new Bluetooth headset I bought yesterday so I can hear every word of the trial while running on my treadmill. Even with my MBP turned up to max volume I couldn't hear every word. Now I will:great: ...

Something I was pondering last night (the documentary hubby put in was BORING!)...where did ICA's lying come from? I mean, initially. It had to start some where. Kids learn things from their environment...so who's the liar she learned this behaviour from? CA strikes me as bossy and overbearing, but not a liar. GA, on the other hand...very theatrical (finger family?). Made me wonder if GA has a propensity to lie, and maybe she picked that trait up from him, and then just carried it to a bizarre extreme.

Of course, I don't know GA, so it's probably not fair for me to jump to that conclusion. Maybe lying was just something she tried as a child, saw she wasn't called on it, and just kept pushing and pushing.

Hard to say. But I DO wonder.

Tried it and it worked...then she perfected it.....I don't think it was GA---perhaps a little to cover something or another--NOTHING like this....she likes to lie and get away with it--brings her some joy/honor or whatever....Think of how stupid her family feels repeating these lies and having HER atty actually belittle them for their belief in them---???????? I have got to believe she is getting some joy in that---but also regret because this is one of the few times she has to pay the piper.....:maddening:

I also ponder if she thought with the kidnapping lie that she would gain recongnition like Mark Klass.....???? and it blew up in her face? Only thinking this because she wants to play victim?????:waitasec:

Thanks. Is she a commentator or expert in something?

She worked for the defense for a period of time, but I think funding didn't allow her to stay. I think she does still consult the defense and I suspect it is one of the litany of people Baez texts during the trial for advice.

Did anyone here see the photo of judge perry peering around the corner and looking right at casey? That was a very telling photo! They showed it on insession the other day. I need to try and find it.

Thanks. Is she a commentator or expert in something?

She was initially on ICA's defense team as the "forensic expert" attorney. She quit for "money reasons" about a year ago (right after the depositions of the Oak Ridge Laboratory folks, iirc). She now is their mouthpiece on any talk show that will take her.

Sociopaths lie as an inherent character flaw. I don't think it is ever one incident, or even a series of incidents in life that allows a sociopath to develop lying as if a coping mechanism. Most people lie, in degrees, but sociopaths will lie just to lie and don't self reflect nor have the ability to care about consequences or other people feelings. Guilt and shame are distant relatives to them.

I don't know enough about her to say whether or not she is a sociopath. But I've seen enough the last 14 days to convince me that something is seriously wrong with the girl. Crazy? No. Deeply disturbed? Not a doubt in my mind.

Just recalled Casey's response yesterday at the first mention of the 'skull.' She made a face that indicated some kind of surprise or alarm but just for a second or two. But hey, what about all the skulls and other tough talk icons Casey had on her computer? I thought she liked skulls .... :waitasec:

Did anyone here see the photo of judge perry peering around the corner and looking right at casey? That was a very telling photo! They showed it on insession the other day. I need to try and find it.

Would love to see it. I think the DT hasn't advised Casey on the fact that if found guilty, the judge has some latitude on sentencing. I can't imagine he has not noticed her laughing and joking when the jury is gone, or her antics yesterday.

Good Morning Caylee Friends!!!

Waiting with anticipation like most of you, but have to wonder....

I am assuming we will hear from Dr G this morning since that is where we appear to be in the prosecution laying out their story....

So since we are at the point of the forensics involved with the remains discovery, does this mean we will NOT be hearing from TES, Dominic Casey, or any other players involved in the actual SEARCH for the remains? Seems like we jumped past this "chapter"??

BBM

Kent, I was hoping for some Dominic Casey bombshell that the SA discovered during their depo/investigative interview but apparently not. Admittedly, I gave up on that hope a few months ago.

I wouldn't expect the State to bring up TES or anything about the search during their case in chief. The defense is the one wanting to make a big deal about the remains being moved, tampered with, area not under water, <insert reasonable doubt story of choice here>. The defense may bring the search/searchers in during their case in chief and the State will have to deal with the cross-exam then. But the State really has no reason to bring in anything other than Kronk finding Caylee's remains.

morning!

onlinecoffee.jpg

http://boisecoffee.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/onlinecoffee.jpg

That coffee looks sooooooooo good!

Mornin' everyone!

Morning all!

I didn't catch NG last night, but I'd be really surprised if she didn't listen to HHJP. Wow. I saw the blurred images and that was enough to give me a rough night. I woke up at 4am, couldn't remember from what exactly, but definitely a dream related to the case. :(

I can't imagine how ICA can sleep at night.

Hoping for Dr. G today!

She was initially on ICA's defense team as the "forensic expert" attorney. She quit for "money reasons" about a year ago (right after the depositions of the Oak Ridge Laboratory folks, iirc). She now is their mouthpiece on any talk show that will take her.

How much do guests get when appearing on these entertainment shows? 500, 1000? more? LP seems to be making a living doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member