2011.06.13 Sidebar (Trial Day Seventeen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain Kat: If you did not get your answer on the other thread, she said that she could no longer see the residue because the testing process destroyed it.

ETA: However, I believe that she said she had someone else look at it, but I am not 100% on that part

Do you think it could be Jessie G. or the marine from Ca. they are waiting for?

Wow, I'm shocked the cell phone techs weren't called. My guess is they will call them for rebuttal if the defense claims she wasn't in the area. That would have a better affect than calling them now. Makes her look bad and helps prove the states case and the defense can't do much about it. It could be one of the last things before the jury deliberates. Could have a psychology impact on the jury if it does come right before deliberations.

Wow, I feel SO ripped off! Like I spent 3 years reading paper after paper, deposition after deposition, thread after thread, and this is all the jury is going to get? OHHH I hope they have a neat bow to tie it up in at the end.

I hate to think that after the verdict is read, the jurors will come here and read everything they didn't know about the case before, and then say they would have voted a different way if only they'd known about 'this or that'. You know?

Oh, I have to trust, must ... trust...

Is everyone feeling as sick as I am right now? There are so many things that were not brought in IMHO! So many things! Like the MySpace interaction with Cindy and Casey... the photos... the tattoo... cell phone records... I just cannot even think right now but there are so many other things. Did they ever even show an outline of the stain? Ugh, I am just sick. And real sick, not Casey-sick. :(

I'm guessing that the outline of the stain was previously declared "too predjudicial" or something...

This may be a tactic to throw the DT off balance. I bet this is the first they are hearing that they are to start their Case in Chief on WEDNESDAY. Baez probably messed his pants hearing that.

Honestly, I'm not worried at all. I think (ok, I hope) the DT is going to screw up and end up proving the state's case for them, and the state can then re-call witnesses.

Plus I think what Dr. G. said last week is STILL resonating with the jury. 100% of all drowning accidents are reported unless there's a REASON NOT TO.

InSession going to show the duct tape animation video (HJBP released it) the jury was shown that 1 piece of tape could cover Caylee's mouth as well as her nose to stop all breathing and Casey's reaction to it.

I'm shocked that the state is wrapping up soon I thought they would have brought in more people to show she didn't search for Caylee when she was on bail

Is everyone feeling as sick as I am right now? There are so many things that were not brought in IMHO! So many things! Like the MySpace interaction with Cindy and Casey... the photos... the tattoo... I just cannot even think right now but there are so many other things. Did they ever even show an outline of the stain? Ugh, I am just sick. And real sick, not Casey-sick. :(

why is court over and not meeting until afternoon tomorrow?
why waste a whole day?
I do not understand?

The final witnesses for the state (?who) cannot get there until 11am tomorrow so court will start at 1pm

Wow, I'm shocked the cell phone techs weren't called. My guess is they will call them for rebuttal if the defense claims she wasn't in the area. That would have a better affect than calling them now. Makes her look bad and helps prove the states case and the defense can't do much about it. It could be one of the last things before the jury deliberates. Could have a psychology impact on the jury if it does come right before deliberations.

Maybe we'll hear from them tomorrow.

wonder if GA's friend that spent time in the home with them will be coming in from Ohio? Isn't he from Ohio?

Mountain Kat: If you did not get your answer on the other thread, she said that she could no longer see the residue because the testing process destroyed it.

ETA: However, I believe that she said she had someone else look at it, but I am not 100% on that part

Thanks so much, Codepink. I'll review the tape later, but I wanted my mind satisfied on that score now so I can ponder this sticker stuff while I clean. :)

InSession going to show the duct tape animation video (HJBP released it) that shows the piece of tape could cover Caylee's mouth as well as her nose and Casey's reaction to it.

It has been on WESH this weekend..

I hope they close on a strong note at least.

I really think they need to give the jury some evidence that Casey had possession of the Pontiac during those crucial days. I have not seen them do that yet. They put the body in the car, but now they need to put the car in Casey's hands, imo.

Didn't the SA do that when the friends testified that they rode in the car and did not smell anything?

Ah the rebuttal - now that makes sense as well.

I truly believe the State will wait until the very end for the tattoo guy. Let the DT present their case (if they really have one). Remember they are going to put GA and RK with the body and the disposal. Then on rebuttal - the State can call the cell ping guy and show where ICA was! Its a smart move on the State to now wait and see just what the DT is going to present.

Leaving the tattoo guy for very last is brillant. Hurricane Bella Vita will blow through that jury box at a cat 10!

Patience - it will all come together.

Can anyone tell me if the fingerprint analyst ever said why she couldn't find the sticker residue when she went back to look again?

It's kind of important to me to hear, from her, why that was?

Yes. She explained that it was because of the RAM process that she used to find latent fingerprints (which was her task) that it destroyed the remainder of that heart residue.

As Joypath said on the trial thread - her task was latents, which would have proved much more damning if there had been any left after the elements in the swamp destroyed them over 6 months.

I really hope ICA insists on taking the stand.

She will. This could be a bad thing because many people have fallen for her lies. She is quick on her feet with the lies. But hopefully it works against her and SA can expose the truth through the layers of lies. :twocents:

Who was JB pointing at and mouth talking to in the audience before it ended???

Did Ashton say the FINAL witness, or his NEXT witness? There could still be two or more witnesses in a day and a half couldn't there?

What is the REBUTTAL phase others have spoken of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo