2011.06.13 Sidebar (Trial Day Seventeen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - and a subsequent FBI expert witness (Rickenbach) testified:

“It was not the most chloroform I've seen in 20 years,” Michael Rickenbach said under cross-examination.

And this:

Rickenbach acknowledged, during later questioning by prosecutor Jeff Ashton, that describing chloroform levels as high or low is subjective.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2011/...ial-investigator-testifies-about-g-ar-235624/

Regarding other evidence, Ms. Lowe provided testimony about post-mortem hair banding, which I feel was undermined by today's testimony when it was revealed that 2 FBI hair analysts inaccurately ID'd post-mortem banding during the study cited in testimony.

Based on prior testimony & today's testimony, I don't feel the State has proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt concerning both the measurement of chloroform levels and post-mortem hair banding.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but Vass was testing the air samples, and Rickenbach was testing the tire covering fabric.

:maddening: Sorry for the BAD NEWS ... but

Linda Kenney Baden, a former attorney for Casey Anthony, started today as a contributor for HLN and “In Session.”

snipped from : http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...aden-hired-as-hln-in-session-contributor.html

WS : LKB hired as HLN, 'In Session' contributor Baden will be on for duration of trial - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you for the warning:sick: Too bad when she had her recent overhaul,they couldn't tune down her arrogance a tad:innocent:

oooh, that's interesting, I hope it is him. And that he has something really good to say. Was there ever a depo released of MH?

I never read or saw Mark's depo --- which always fascinated me. Is it under seal?

MOO

Mel

If possible it would be so good to know how long JB spent cross examining the witnesses, versus how long sidebars were and how long the jurors were removed from the courtroom.

Thinking back it seems that his cross exams (JB's) might be close to the time JP spent schooling him and allowing him to have some on the job training. Or as JB called it 'proffers'.

Oooooo! That may present reasonable doubt. IF the jury catches it, that is......

I posted a long, long time ago that I think ICA will not receive the DP or LWOP but she will be convicted and serve time and will be beyond her child bearing years when she is released from prison.

I am not defending ICA at all, as her actions (whatever they were, accident or not, intentional or UNintentional) caused the death of Caylee Marie Anthony!

I am just saying that if enough reasonable doubt is presented to this jury, that DP or LWOP may not be recommended in the sentencing.

Let us all remember that these jurors have not followed this case in the news and they aren't privey to the information that us sleuths have uncovered thru the years which hasn't been presented at trial.

I am a bit worried, but take comfort in the fact that Scott Peterson:loser: was convicted on circumstantial evidence.

Casey must pay restitution for what she did to her baby girl. The trails all lead back to ICA! MOO!

wm
If she does not receive the DP or LWOP then that means she would not be convicted of 1st degree murder. ONLY the death penalty or LWOP can be given if that is the crime she is convicted of committing.

One thing I'm sure the jury will all agree on is that if there was plant growth which grew between the fibers of the blanket then that proves that the body had been there for sometime. I know when I had an above ground pool put up without putting anything under the base to stop any plants from growing and messing the bottom up.....it took about three weeks before grass started making holes in the bottom liner of the pool.

I am still not convinced either that the duct tape came BEFORE Caylee's death...in fact, I wrote this earlier in the week and am just putting the theory out there again...
Has anyone else considered that maybe Casey's "sickness" was real---because she realized after hearing the testimony that the child who she had accidentally drugged and thought she had killed had actually STILL BEEN ALIVE when she wrapped that duct tape around her little head?? and ... Just think, if it were an accident (meaning she meant to knock her out with chlorAform, not kill her) and that when she could not wake her, mistakenly thought she was dead, and then in part of her hurried frantic attempt at covering up her crime, actually did kill her--and imagine all this time she thought she was dead BEFORE the tape and only learned yesterday, that she actually was not. Now wouldn't that be a serious Mind**** for Casey?

I'm a bit concerned about what LA might testify too. Didn't he tell Nick Savage that he "will address that at the right time" in response to being asked if he molested his sister?

I so hope the SA is prepared in the event any of the Anthony's pull a fast one by aiding the DT in lying to get Casey off. I am fully expecting it, and would not be one bit shocked should it occur. JMO

What a bittersweet moment that would be.

Caylee finally has a father to claim her, but it's not announced until the trial for her murder.

Heartbreaking.

Yep and this would open up ICA to a wrongful death action by him or his family.

Mark H wore a wire???? I completely missed that! Holy cow are you sure? I thought that Tony or Lee wore a wire too at one point, but that wasn't mentioned either.

I hope it's not another expert, honestly, it's been proven she was there for a long period of time - having a botanist come in will just be more than what's necessary, not to mention boring for the jury.

edited because I spelled Lee "Less" woops

I believe a botanist would have been wonderful for this case. There are lot of questions that could be answered to fend off the DT.

Such as if the area was flooded and the area was under water how are there exactly 6 months of growth in the roots? He didnt point this out I dont believe but a good lawyer would have .

Yes, in Casey's case, I could see it happening. Thinking, I better make this look like she was kidnapped, what do I know about kidnapping, ok, tape the mouth...just saying.

IIRC there was another case around the same time, which involved a child with duct tape, in the Orlando area. I thought of that at the beginning of this as some type of copycat scenario, which falls right in with ICA..

The Anthonys did put the pavers down under Caylee's playhouse when they bought it. But over the 4th of July weekend in 2008 they did a second area of the backyard in pavers. The areal over by the pool and at the rear of the backyard, where they have a patio table and chairs.

Is that why JB was asking about the stones at the body dump site? I didn't understand what he was getting at. Were they similar pavers?

Oooooo! That may present reasonable doubt. IF the jury catches it, that is......

I posted a long, long time ago that I think ICA will not receive the DP or LWOP but she will be convicted and serve time and will be beyond her child bearing years when she is released from prison.

I am not defending ICA at all, as her actions (whatever they were, accident or not, intentional or UNintentional) caused the death of Caylee Marie Anthony!

I am just saying that if enough reasonable doubt is presented to this jury, that DP or LWOP may not be recommended in the sentencing.

Let us all remember that these jurors have not followed this case in the news and they aren't privey to the information that us sleuths have uncovered thru the years which hasn't been presented at trial.

I am a bit worried, but take comfort in the fact that Scott Peterson:loser: was convicted on circumstantial evidence.

Casey must pay restitution for what she did to her baby girl. The trails all lead back to ICA! MOO!

wm
I always wondered if a jury would be able to convict her and sentence her to death. After hearing that this beautiful child was put in a trunk with duct tape and then discarded in garbage bags and left to the elements, I have no doubt that they will be able to do it.

One of the IS heads think the last witness will be the woman from jail...

Did anyone ICA kept looking to her left today? I wonder if she was looking in the gallery direction??

I don't think anyone would believe Casey if it HAD been an accident, or at least in her mind, being called an "unfit mother" and all. I am NOT defending Casey...just that I can imagine her doing the tape as part of her story that she was concocting about kidnapping, and with her brain, the way it seems to work, doing so very quickly after Caylee died.

before all the searches on the computer ...I'll never think someone innocently looks up chloroform EIGHTY-FOUR (84 !!!!!) times.

But before that nugget came out in court....I believed that what went down was Casey was neglecting Caylee while on the computer. Caylee drowned and it was a LONG time later when she found her - so the body would have been bloated and obviously in the water for an hour or more. That made it impossible for her to confess to the accident without admitting to her neglect. She then went in to kidnap mode - put the tape on Caylee and fled the scene with her. She fully expected the body to be found but the duct tape would show someone kidnapped her (its so typical... from every movie!) Then she started to have fun....and didn't have even deal with the aftermath at all by staying away.

I believe a botanist would have been wonderful for this case. There are lot of questions that could be answered to fend off the DT.

Such as if the area was flooded and the area was under water how are there exactly 6 months of growth in the roots? He didnt point this out I dont beieve but a good lawyer would have .
Why wouldn't the roots grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member