2011.06.14 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Eighteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would like to hear evidence about the pings, I don't think it will help the state's case any and may bring in more speculation that it's worth.

Regarding the pool ladder, below is from acandyrose's website:
Mark Fuhrman said Cindy Anthony told him about pool ladder being moved 06/17/08
(Greta OTR "Behind the CSI Return to Caylee's Grandparents House" 08/06/2008):
VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, the business about the -- there's a pool in the back yard, and there's something about the ladder connected to the pool. And in fact, if you can just stand over on -- I've actually got a picture, so you can explain the significance of new information on the ladder and the pool in the back yard. What is the story on this ladder?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(MARK FUHRMAN, FMR LAPD HOMICIDE DETECTIVE): Well, it's interesting. You know, the grandparents are telling me that on the 16th, when Casey and Caylee are leaving that morning at 12:50 -- the previous night, Cynthia, the grandmother, and Casey swam in the pool. After they were done, they take me ladder, which snaps off, and then they take the ladder away from the pool so Caylee can't climb up it by herself. Now, nobody swam in the pool after that night on Sunday. Nobody swam there on Monday. And then Tuesday morning, they noticed that the ladder was back up on the pool, hooked up, and the gate on the side of the house was open. So it's interesting information considering the activity that preceded -- you know, preceded that on the day before.

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_directory_index.htm

I'm also thinking that the DT will say that they're not ready to present their case on Thursday. They were probably originally banking on the SA wrapping up on Friday with the possibility that court would be in recess until Monday, June 20. Whatever the case, I don't expect them to be prepared on Thursday. jmo

Maybe this is one of the reasons that HHJP announced to the jury yesterday that we are ahead of schedule, to give warning to the defense team that they must be ready.
Surely not being ready for a case they have been preparing for, for 3 years will not cause a recess in the case..right?:waitasec:

Emotions with Cindy and George will be raw on Thursday and Friday, pretty damning to the defense, so I don't doubt one bit them trying to get by with not having to present their case until Monday.

But did the jury understand the chloroform evidence?

I do because when I heard of I researched it, but the jury doesn't have that luxury, and already we have people here who think it's new technology and would toss that evidence. Someone here even stated she'd toss it because Dr Vass didn't collect the samples in a "clean room". On one hand it bothers me because clearly Dr Vass is a scientist and would have used a clean room if one was needed, so I don't think us lay people know better how to do it than the leader in the field; OTOH, I certainly respect her right to an opinion and her willingness to express her doubts and, IMO, it's a little window into what some on the jury may be thinking.

No it doesn't take a rocket science to draw those conclusions regarding KC's guilt; just those of us who already believe it happened that way.

The jury may not.

And please let me be wrong!

AND Turnadot...we still have the defense garbage portion of the case. I need to go look at their witness list, because there are some things I read in depos that I am afraid they are going to bring in. Through testimony from witnesses. Granted nothing proven...but some speculation that is in direct support of their theory. AS WELL AS Lee. I seriously don't know what he is going to say. He can still get up there AND WHEN ASKED THE QUESTION...admit the allegations. He has not gone on record, ANYWHERE, either in deposition or questioning by the LEOs that he DID NOT do what ICA has accused him of. Not saying that if he did it is an excuse for what she did to Caylee, but the jury may then give some credence to the DT theory...er fairytale.

I am wondering why we did not hear about the Whitney design laundry bag match that was in the Anthony home. This would be one more piece to link the Anthony home to the remains site...

I've been missing here for a few days, our little dog Ben passed on, and I have no idea what's going on.

Teresa

Sorry to hear that Teresa :therethere:

Maybe in the rebuttal after the defense puts on their case...? Or in closing?

I don't know, but I'm starting to believe that KC will not be found guilty of murder, but of a lesser charge and will get a 15-20 year sentence.

She gets a 15-20 year sentence and God keeps me alive that long...I will be the little old lady shaking a stick and ranting at her wherever she goes.

I am wondering why we did not hear about the Whitney design laundry bag match that was in the Anthony home. This would be one more piece to link the Anthony home to the remains site...

With that in mind, whatever happened to all the receipts the SA collected? I vaguely remember ICA shopped at Penny's in addition to other stores during the 31 days (am I wrong? If so, let me know).

I do because when I heard of I researched it, but the jury doesn't have that luxury, and already we have people here who think it's new technology and would toss that evidence. Someone here even stated she'd toss it because Dr Vass didn't collect the samples in a "clean room". On one hand it bothers me because clearly Dr Vass is a scientist and would have used a clean room if one was needed, so I don't think us lay people know better how to do it than the leader in the field; OTOH, I certainly respect her right to an opinion and her willingness to express her doubts and, IMO, it's a little window into what some on the jury may be thinking.

No it doesn't take a rocket science to draw those conclusions; just those of us who already believe it happened that way.

The jury may not.

I understand where you are coming from. I have no other choice but to put my trust in these men and women of the jury. I think they will, when all is said and done, come to the same conclusion that we have all come to. That Casey is 100% responsible for Caylee's death. The fact that she continues to lie about the events of what happened, will not bode well for her when the jury makes their decision. I believe they will walk away into that deliberation room with the conclusion that they can not believe a word that Casey has said... even today. That the evidence does not suggest an accident... but murder.

That is all I can do.

Of all the witnesses for the State, Does anyone know what the purpose was, of putting Mallory on the stand??
I think I do and if everything goes the way the SA wants it to we might never hear the reason.

I think they wanted to lock her into her testimony on never having any illegal communication with Casey while she was in jail.

I really think the state has evidence of George, Cindy, Lee and Mallory sending and getting notes from Casey. Sort of letting them know tell the truth and don't mess around or you are all going down.

Beth K. on In Session said this morn. that the DT added a new witness. A producer for Fox News will say that CA told him she left the ladder up at the pool. Didn't take it down. I wonder who this is? Friend of Geraldo, perhaps??

05/27/2011 Supplemental Defense Witness List
LDB -told the Judge that the Defense was filing a suppl witness list, with cert of good cause - tried to give us info about this person - let court know if we have objections

Trial May 31, 2011 Tuesday - Baez questions Cindy about Steph Watts and the pool ladder [WESH TV reports that new Defense witness is Steph Watts]

http://www.wesh.com/r/28083833/detail.html
video of Cindy's being questioned by Baez
May 31, 2011

(2:00) did you tell Steph Watts and Mark Furhman that you forgot to take the ladder down? no sir I did not

Casey Defense Adds TV Host To Witness List
Stephen Watts Toured Anthony Home's Backyard

POSTED: 2:25 pm EDT May 31, 2011

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28083833/detail.html#ixzz1NzA8tWFY

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/ugly-things-secret-things-casey-anthonys-attorney-jose-baez/

“Ugly things. Secret things.” Casey Anthony’s Attorney Jose Baez.
Posted: May 24, 2011 by Steph

The defenses main theory is that Caylee drowned in the pool. So why would an entire family cover up an accident?? But here’s what strange. I remember being in the house shortly after this story broke, myself and Mark Fuhrman. George and Cindy were taking us on a detailed tour of the house including the backyard where they let very few, other reporters in. They showed us the towering bamboo, the shed that investigators had moved, the gates and 3 other sheds that George says were always locked and most importantly the pool. It was an above ground pool, and Cindy commented, in detail that she remembers that she had left the ladder down the day after Fathers Day [June 16, 2008]. She was very clear about this as she stated that she always left the ladder up, so Caylee couldn’t get up it but she remembered that day that she forgot, and had left it down. I found it interesting that this came up in court today. Either she told this story to Casey and Casey is using it to make up a new defense or it’s true. Looking at Casy’s track record, she’s not exactly the fountain of truth-be-told.

On the Record w/Greta - "Behind the CSI Return to Caylee's Grandparents House" 08/06/2008:

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, the business about the -- there's a pool in the back yard, and there's something about the ladder connected to the pool. And in fact, if you can just stand over on -- I've actually got a picture, so you can explain the significance of new information on the ladder and the pool in the back yard. What is the story on this ladder?

MARK FUHRMAN, FMR LAPD HOMICIDE DETECTIVE: Well, it's interesting. You know, the grandparents are telling me that on the 16th [Monday], when Casey and Caylee are leaving that morning at 12:50 -- the previous night [June 15th Father's Day], Cynthia, the grandmother, and Casey [Caylee not Casey] swam in the pool. After they were done, they take the ladder, which snaps off, and then they take the ladder away from the pool so Caylee can't climb up it by herself. Now, nobody swam in the pool after that night on Sunday [June 15, 2008]. Nobody swam there on Monday [June 16, 2008]. And then Tuesday morning [June 17, 2008], they noticed that the ladder was back up on the pool, hooked up, and the gate on the side of the house was open. So it's interesting information considering the activity that preceded -- you know, preceded that on the day before.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399183,00.html

"Yes the hell you did"...........JP (about the defense lying to him) And Mason says "they may or may not put on a defense", but later says they will.

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28227726/index.html

INTERESTING.............

Oh ya...HJP had enough of the bs when it comes to the defense. I expect the DT case to be interesting and HHJP to be an eagle....taking the crap in his claw to discard it!

Good morning, wonderful WSer's! Slept in today and woke up to those very interesting sidebar transcripts - wowzers! Going to read back through the thread and see what everyone thinks, and get some studying done while listening to proceedings today (finals tomorrow, yikes!).

Thank you all for keeping this busy lady up to speed. I'm very anxious to see just when and how the prosecution rests its case, and just how the defense is going to present theirs when it is their turn.

This trial is a roller coaster, I swear. Barely time to catch a breath in between events!

Watching rerun of Cindy's testimony on Is and it is amazing, the detail of lies Casey was giving even in 2007 as far as Jeff'e mother not being able to bring Zachary to see Santa at the mall to meet Caylee and Cindy and Casey, as he had an asthma attack, etc...Zanny's brother and sister having to work and take care of their sick mom...

The lies were so detailed and on-going, it may give some creedence to her bizarre behavior after Caylee was dead...she clearly lived in a world she created and controlled. I could see thinking that if anyone behaved in a way no one else would or has after an accident, if might be Casey, loony as she is...

With that in mind, whatever happened to all the receipts the SA collected? I vaguely remember ICA shopped at Penny's in addition to other stores during the 31 days (am I wrong? If so, let me know).

I think the purpose to having LA count those on the stand was twofold:
1. To show that she had done A LOT of shopping during the 31 days
2. To have them in as evidence to use if and when the defense opened the door to the felony convictions and theft, which would happen instantaneously if ICA testifies.

I think they should bring in Kiomarie about the pet cemetery and heart shaped stickers, the tattoo artist, and the inmate ICA admitted to chloroforming her child to. That would definitely end things with a bang.

No it doesn't take a rocket science to draw those conclusions regarding the duct tape and chloroform; just us who already believe it happened that way.

The jury may not.

The State has two hours to lay out the details in closing. I believe that is where they will tie it in and explain what all this evidence means. They will drive it all home.

I believe we will hear lots of statements like Dr. G's one about no child should have duct tape on their face.

Anyone else think the state resting their case early was to catch the DT off guard, pants at half staff and unprepared.

I don't think they will be ready to begin their case this week, in fact I don't think they will be ready next week either.

Gotta love the SA tactics here..

Maybe this is one of the reasons that HHJP announced to the jury yesterday that we are ahead of schedule, to give warning to the defense team that they must be ready.
Surely not being ready for a case they have been preparing for, for 3 years will not cause a recess in the case..right?:waitasec:

Emotions with Cindy and George will be raw on Thursday and Friday, pretty damning to the defense, so I don't doubt one bit them trying to get by with not having to present their case until Monday.

There would be no reason... at all... for the defense to not be prepared to start their case in chief.

There is no way that Judge Perry would stop the trial because they were not prepared... right?? They better not pull that carp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz