2011.06.14 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Eighteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think the state resting their case early was to catch the DT off guard, pants at half staff and unprepared.

I don't think they will be ready to begin their case this week, in fact I don't think they will be ready next week either.

Gotta love the SA tactics here..

What would make this week or next week any different than the last 3 yrs.? :waitasec:

[/B]
But But But..I do recall that "Match" Whitney laundry bag being shown in pictures SA entered into evidence...It had been stored away I think it was in the garage all wrapped up??..Am I totally wrong on that???

Sometimes I dream about this case so do wonder if my recollections were from dreams or actual evidence shown in the courtroom:innocent:

BBM

ok first of all I hope I am doing this right...

I as well have some trouble sometimes remembering what has been in discovery and evidence or something I just dreamed up...

I've been looking for a correct thread to ask this in, so if this needs deleted or moved I understand :)

Does anyone remember a witness stating that they saw a white car like KC's around the eventual remains site, and a woman coming out of the woods (or something along those lines) wearing sunglasses and a big floppy hat around the end of June 2008?? I swear I remember reading that somewhere and just want to know if I am going crazy or if anyone else remembered that??

TIA

Thank You for this info !

My Opinion is : IF, a BIG IF, Cayled "drowned in the pool" ... that pool would have been taken down and removed !

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Totally agree!!! No WAy would GA and CA be able to look at the pool day in day out if Caylee drowned there!!!

05/27/2011 Supplemental Defense Witness List
LDB -told the Judge that the Defense was filing a suppl witness list, with cert of good cause - tried to give us info about this person - let court know if we have objections

Trial May 31, 2011 Tuesday - Baez questions Cindy about Steph Watts and the pool ladder [WESH TV reports that new Defense witness is Steph Watts]

http://www.wesh.com/r/28083833/detail.html
video of Cindy's being questioned by Baez
May 31, 2011

(2:00) did you tell Steph Watts and Mark Furhman that you forgot to take the ladder down? no sir I did not

Casey Defense Adds TV Host To Witness List
Stephen Watts Toured Anthony Home's Backyard
POSTED: 2:25 pm EDT May 31, 2011

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28083833/detail.html#ixzz1NzA8tWFY

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/ugly-things-secret-things-casey-anthonys-attorney-jose-baez/

“Ugly things. Secret things.” Casey Anthony’s Attorney Jose Baez.
Posted: May 24, 2011 by Steph

The defenses main theory is that Caylee drowned in the pool. So why would an entire family cover up an accident?? But here’s what strange. I remember being in the house shortly after this story broke, myself and Mark Fuhrman. George and Cindy were taking us on a detailed tour of the house including the backyard where they let very few, other reporters in. They showed us the towering bamboo, the shed that investigators had moved, the gates and 3 other sheds that George says were always locked and most importantly the pool. It was an above ground pool, and Cindy commented, in detail that she remembers that she had left the ladder down the day after Fathers Day [June 16, 2008]. She was very clear about this as she stated that she always left the ladder up, so Caylee couldn’t get up it but she remembered that day that she forgot, and had left it down. I found it interesting that this came up in court today. Either she told this story to Casey and Casey is using it to make up a new defense or it’s true. Looking at Casy’s track record, she’s not exactly the fountain of truth-be-told.

On the Record w/Greta - "Behind the CSI Return to Caylee's Grandparents House" 08/06/2008:

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, the business about the -- there's a pool in the back yard, and there's something about the ladder connected to the pool. And in fact, if you can just stand over on -- I've actually got a picture, so you can explain the significance of new information on the ladder and the pool in the back yard. What is the story on this ladder?

MARK FUHRMAN, FMR LAPD HOMICIDE DETECTIVE: Well, it's interesting. You know, the grandparents are telling me that on the 16th [Monday], when Casey and Caylee are leaving that morning at 12:50 -- the previous night [June 15th Father's Day], Cynthia, the grandmother, and Casey [Caylee not Casey] swam in the pool. After they were done, they take the ladder, which snaps off, and then they take the ladder away from the pool so Caylee can't climb up it by herself. Now, nobody swam in the pool after that night on Sunday [June 15, 2008]. Nobody swam there on Monday [June 16, 2008]. And then Tuesday morning [June 17, 2008], they noticed that the ladder was back up on the pool, hooked up, and the gate on the side of the house was open. So it's interesting information considering the activity that preceded -- you know, preceded that on the day before.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399183,00.html

Great. That's all this trial needs is Baez bringing up the name Mark Fuhrman.

I am just waiting on some comment he will make about Furhman committing perjury in the OJ case (Furhman was prosecuted for perjury and took a plea deal IIRC and this all revolved around a perjorative term for an African American).

Objection, sustained but he will get it in there I can just feel it.

That is a DANG GOOD question. It helped the state by NADA.
I like Dr. Fessel's theory upthread.
I am perplexed though. Her testimony sticks out like a sore thumb.

Mallory's testimony, in my opinion, shows that Casey's family, far from just leaving her to go wilding, was attempting at every level to stem the tide of destruction she was spreading. She'd been horrid to her mother, was using her child as a weapon to hurt her family with the keep-away game, and was partying like a rock star. To have Lee and Mallory going out at night to find her is a significant sign that her family knew something was wrong and was doing everything possible to find out what it was.

Mallory was just Lee's girlfriend at the time, but she was also an observer of the Anthony dynamic (dysfunction). Everyone's life stops when Casey goes out of control. Even hers.

I have said from the beginning if I were on the jury, I would convict her guilty just becasue of the mix up on the date Caylee went missing. Who would forget or messup on the last date they saw their child alive. My brother lost his 19 year old son to a car accident and two and half years later we lost my brother to a heart attack at the age of 50 (and he was a very healthy man). Everyone said he died of a broken heart. On the day he died he could still tell you exactly how many days, hours and minutes it had been since he lost his son. No way did he not remember the exact day and time that his son died. So her getting the dates wrong in the beginning seals the deal for me, GUILTY!

I'm not sure showing the jury that they had two of the same laundry bags would make a difference anyway. Remember, according to the DT - George hid the body so he could have used the bag too. It doesn't prove (according to the DT) that Casey did it. So driving that point home really doesn't help the SA case much, but it could be used by the DT.

Well, jojo..I was responding to a poster who wondered why the matching Whitney bag at the Anthony homewas NOT shown....And all I was saying BUT BUT it was IIRC

This matching laundry bag only links the Anthony home to Caylee's remains..and its actually believed that George, Cindy or Lee did the packaging up of Caylee topped off with heart shaped sticker..Unless and of course someone (juror maybe) would like to believe all the Anthony's items ~~ laundry bag, yellow ribboned black garbage bags, Henkle Duct Tap (rare) was accessed by hummm maybe Roy K...then I have to agree SA hasnt done their job and DT has indeed created reasonable doubt...

I guess I would have to disagree with DT creating anything reasonable...lots of smoke and mirrors , promoting a theory that they best show proof of is their only job now.

Sorry, am I showing my biases?:crazy::crazy:

I'm not sure showing the jury that they had two of the same laundry bags would make a difference anyway. Remember, according to the DT - George hid the body so he could have used the bag too. It doesn't prove (according to the DT) that Casey did it. So driving that point home really doesn't help the SA case much, but it could be used by the DT.

You do know that the defense is going to have to PROVE that George was there when Caylee died?? That the defense is going to have to PROVE that George covered up Caylee's accidental death and then framed his daughter for 1st degree murder?? The same father that Casey says is the "best" father and "best" grandfather?? The defense is going to have to PROVE that George had a reason to place duct tape over Caylee's face. That George not only placed Caylee into the trunk of Casey's car without Casey knowing, but also removed Caylee's decomposing body out of the trunk 3-5 days later and then did who knows what with her??

Yes, the defense is going to have to prove this. The jury can not simply take Casey's word for it... she is a pathological liar.

The State has already proven, with the help of the defense and Casey herself, that Caylee died on June 16th, 2008 and that Casey was in fact present at the time of death.

Now it is the defenses job to prove to this jury that Casey is actually telling the truth about Caylee's death, George's framing her, and Roy Kronk playing hide-and-seek with the remains.

The defense is going to have to give a pretty darn good explanation for all the evidence of Caylee being in the trunk of that car. Raw hamburgers are not going to cut it. They are going to have to prove that George somehow got a deceased Caylee into the trunk of Casey's car... left her there for 3-5 days... and then removed her decomposing corpse... all without Casey even knowing about it. Since Casey and her defense has made an attempt to distance her from Caylee being in the trunk of that car. The defense, from what I could tell, wants a jury to believe that Caylee was never in that trunk.

BS is right. The defense backed themselves into a corner with this wild theory and they will be made to prove it to this jury. If they fail... it is over for Casey. She will be convicted of 1st degree murder. The fact that she is accusing innocent people of some very vile crimes... shows what a monster she really is and that she would do anything... to anybody... in order to get away with her crime. These actions do not suggest an accident... it suggests murder and someone trying to cover that murder up.

Mallory's testimony, in my opinion, shows that Casey's family, far from just leaving her to go wilding, was attempting at every level to stem the tide of destruction she was spreading. She'd been horrid to her mother, was using her child as a weapon to hurt her family with the keep-away game, and was partying like a rock star. To have Lee and Mallory going out at night to find her is a significant sign that her family knew something was wrong and was doing everything possible to find out what it was.

Mallory was just Lee's girlfriend at the time, but she was also an observer of the Anthony dynamic (dysfunction). Everyone's life stops when Casey goes out of control. Even hers.

BBM>>> Perfect adjective!!

That kind of bothers me Cindy's memory of all those stories is so good. It really plays into the defense theory of a girl living in pretend land.

Cindy could not remember for years that she put the dryer sheets in the car but remembers all those details.

Oh..Cindy could remember allright. Just couldn't tell the truth back then. I just told my daughter last night how ironic is it that when CA and GA were lying or intentionally blurring the truth to try and get their DD off murder charges, that now when they want to tell the truth, they can't. And that may get their daughter off.
They can't now tell the truth, because their truthful testimony will be impeached by their mis-truthful testimony.
:banghead:

What an awesome thing to truly give Caylee a voice.....hope you're right :))))

Seriously?

I was under the impression that due to the Sunshine laws, anyone could buy a copy of the transcripts and that's what the news station did.

No you are correct. Under Sunshine Laws the media (or anyone) can request a copy unless it is sealed by the judge. So most likely the TV station requested the transcript.

1pm EST if the witness is not delayed.Flying in.
Miss James,
Please keep this evil picture on your siggy, even if you get tired of it, until the verdict. It makes me shiver, but there is an essence captured there that says it all. Someone made reference to a spider and a fly. Maybe that's it.

Thanks!

I'll meet you there. I'll be other old lady waving a stick. :)

I get a laugh at the shirt ICA is wearing in your siggy line. CA has a khaki brown one identical to the one ICA has. Have these folks never watched Dexter? I sure hope the jury has because his kill shirt, is that shirt in the same color as CAs. When I saw ICA in that the other day, I hoped the jury would be sent subliminal messages that people who wear that shirt in Florida, are serial killers.

CBS paid for these shmutas (sp?) apparently. :crazy:

Y'all can push my wheelchair for me and I'll hold the posters up. I'm not old,but RA is eroding the bones in my feet and I don't think I'll be walking in 15 years,BUT I'll still be there for CAYLEE!

Was at a dinner with friends last night "they" were discussion the case and kept getting things wrong, but I didn't want to come off as a weirdo knowing so many details. UNTIL one of the guys said he thought KC's father "did it". That George looks so guilty and KC is just a young girl who was dominated by him.

As soon as the guy uttered those words my husband shot me a look and put his head down. What came next was an all out presentation of the case and why that guy was a moron.

OOPS

Thanks button just wasn't enough! Been there, done that. :great:

Well, jojo..I was responding to a poster who wondered why the matching Whitney bag at the Anthony homewas NOT shown....And all I was saying BUT BUT it was IIRC

This matching laundry bag only links the Anthony home to Caylee's remains..and its actually believed that George, Cindy or Lee did the packaging up of Caylee topped off with heart shaped sticker..Unless and of course someone (juror maybe) would like to believe all the Anthony's items ~~ laundry bag, yellow ribboned black garbage bags, Henkle Duct Tap (rare) was accessed by hummm maybe Roy K...then I have to agree SA hasnt done their job and DT has indeed created reasonable doubt...

I guess I would have to disagree with DT creating anything reasonable...lots of smoke and mirrors , promoting a theory that they best show proof of is their only job now.

Sorry, am I showing my biases?:crazy::crazy:

I actually meant to respond to the poster you were responding to - sorry for the confusion.

My sister finally watched the trial segments HLN showed all weekend (they actually showed quite a lot, for hours on end on Saturday I think it was). She totally saw fake crying (she is a psychologist, FWIW) and an angry Casey, mad that her "word" is being questioned. She also sees a completely guilty defendant and can't see how a jury would convict her of anything less than something with a "first degree" in front of it. She knew even less than I did coming in, as far as details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz