2011.06.16 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and remember that the witness said her notes indicated that FBI Agent Nick Savage discussed the paternity test. We noted way back that Savage has been closely linked to Leonard Padilla, and wasn't the whole "Lee is the father" thing one of Leonard's mini-bombshells that never produced anything?

It would seem to me that Leonard planted the seed, whether or not from something his team heard within the house, and Savage picked it up and ran with it.

Now Jeff Ashton needs to get his emotions under control and calmly cross-examine the witness to show the jury that there really is nothing to see here.

I agree, Padilla all but said DNA proved Lee was Caylee's father when this was NOT TRUE. Savage was not happy by Lee's refusal to talk about the "alleged abuse" under questioning, saying he would address it at the appropriate time. Savage thought this was an indication of guilt.

I'm worried #4 is going to buy into the "LE hounded that poor innocent young mother who would never kill her baby and they didn't even try to find out what really happened to her."

I may need to take a break. This is Day 1 of their case and my blood pressure is going up. I knew this would happen. Someone make me feel better.

Bold mine.

Sorry, no can do...my pressure is up too, and my stomach is in knots. :(

Well if it was Jean C. that said it, it's possible #4 simply had a pad of paper in her lap. jmo

I'm worried #4 is going to buy into the "LE hounded that poor innocent young mother who would never kill her baby and they didn't even try to find out what really happened to her."

I may need to take a break. This is Day 1 of their case and my blood pressure is going up. I knew this would happen. Someone make me feel better.

That's why I'm not watching. Just reading along here.

We know it was or the lower mandible wouldn't have been held in place, I don't think even with a hurricane blasting through, the duct tape floated from Hopespring drive to Caylee's face.[/QUOTE

I respectfully disagree. The guy who testified about the mandible being held in place says in most cases it would not be in place, but it was possible to still be in place. He also, under cross examination admitted that the plant roots growing around the skull could have held the mandible in place. The duct tape was not found wrapped around the skull. It was in a pile beside the skull and some was stuck in the hair.Nothing has proven it was wrapped 1, 2 or 3 times around the head, it is only a theory. I think the SA needs another theory as to the cause of death.

Southern 2nd or So. 2nd is the court of appeals in the area of Florida where they are.

I agree, Padilla all but said DNA proved Lee was Caylee's father when this was NOT TRUE. Savage was not happy by Lee's refusal to talk about the "alleged abuse" under questioning, saying he would address it at the appropriate time. Savage thought this was an indication of guilt.

IIRC the story started with JG. Casey told him that and then LE found out she told TL the same thing.

Hemoglobin has no DNA, it has no nucleus. However any other bodily fluids, including Decomp fluids will have DNA, IF not damaged. Adipocere does not contain DNA. Within about 3 hours after death, the decomposition process begins. By the time Casey threw Caylee's body into the woods, it had begun decomposing and there definitely would not have been blood. Heart not beating / pumping, lungs not exchanging oxygen . .

celticthyme I didn't just want to hit the thanks button.

Thank you very much for explaining in clear and simple terms. I appreciate it very much!

I am assuming juror #4 is the AA Female who doesn't judge people.

Let's say she is a conservative Christian who feels that only God can judge and not her...okay...I a few ways...from what I have heard I think, I think a bit like she does.

I wouldn't want to judge someone...but I can listen to evidence and determine if the State has a right to make the judgment and meet out the punishment.

She doesn't scare me as much as some of the young men.

Maybe I am naive but I have no fears...save getting through the DT CIC. :crazy:

bbm
I would but after the morning session I want to slit my wrists. Thought I'd be able to put up with Baez but I was wrong.

IS saying Juror 4 taking first notes ever, started with first witness for defense.

I guess this may be her way of not having to judge, hang the jury and she walks away. Do they need all 12 or just a majority?

Just FYI - In case y'all haven't seen it - Another sidebar transcript has been released, and I opened a new thread for discussion! It is GREAT! :lol:

THERE WAS NO BLOOD! Baez is just trying to confuse & distract the jury, part of the reason Jeff A is so livid.

ITA. Also, it was impressed on the jury that red blood cells do not have DNA. Hopefully, the nurse on the jury will explain that in deliberation.

On In Session-I just saw JB's law office-pathetic looking. I remember going into my dad's law office and it was full of books and papers. Plus our family attorney's office is full of books and papers. JB's office looks like 12 books plus two pamphets. He looked like a rookie with empty book cases and a big chair.

Wow he borrowed 9 more books?

I need to go back and relook at the dates on the papers that requested the lab run paternity tests on caylee's DNA against Lee and GA so I can get a good handle on understanding.

But, why did they? I kind of disagree that the info came from padilla so LE tested because of that. It could have been from an interview with Tony but I need to see the date of request and the date of his interviews to compare so I'm not ruling that out.

But I've always found it interesting they did test. Highly unusual to do that IMHO.

(just noodling here, not really going anywhere with it :))

IIRC they were looking for a motive and reason for all the lying and the actual disappearance. I think they had to exclude the possibility as there were rumors out there that the name CAYLEE was a combo of CASEY and LEE and that is why she got rid of her daughter.

They had to make sure this was not the case and that LEE was NOT involved in the disappearance. KC kept saying she was protecting the family.

It all makes sense to me.

In court today, did anyone publicly mention the significance of today's date?

Jose Baez is doing his best to try to forward his theory that Lee and George molested Casey. He has to do this or he has to put Casey on the stand or get either George or Lee to admit to it. Let's see where Jeff Aston's objection sits when court resumes.

Put Casey on the stand Mr. Baez I dare you!

IS saying Juror 4 taking first notes ever, started with first witness for defense.

I can't imagine what she was writing...I couldn't have taken intelligible notes on that mess if my life depended on it. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member