2011.06.16 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine, some of those folks in the gallery got there at 9:30pm last night to endure this testimony! I feel bad for them.

On In Session-I just saw JB's law office-pathetic looking. I remember going into my dad's law office and it was full of books and papers. Plus our family attorney's office is full of books and papers. JB's office looks like 12 books plus two pamphets. He looked like a rookie with empty book cases and a big chair.

JB's law books, computers, papers, hotlines are located in the hallway at the court. He used his "don't have the files" excuse one to many times for JBP.
Glad to hear he moved. (bout time)

IMO

Ok, let's put this in a positive light. Maybe she's keeping track of all the bull the DT is trying to feed everyone. :truce:

Let's face it -- there's no way anybody could keep track of any logical argument by the DT this morning. If she was really trying to do that, it would simply drive her nuts waiting for the point that never arrives. I can't believe anybody sitting through that display (and I should know, I did) could reconstruct it in an organized way via "notes." The best you could do would be to try to put a few points together that you think he made.

Remember, we have the benefit of each other and real-time conversations -- some of us catch things, point them out to others, clarify points, etc. They don't. I'm not buying that someone simply trying to take that load of nonsense in could make a whole lot of sense out of it on first hearing.

:cow:

I need to go back and relook at the dates on the papers that requested the lab run paternity tests on caylee's DNA against Lee and GA so I can get a good handle on understanding.

But, why did they? I kind of disagree that the info came from padilla so LE tested because of that. It could have been from an interview with Tony but I need to see the date of request and the date of his interviews to compare so I'm not ruling that out.

But I've always found it interesting they did test. Highly unusual to do that IMHO.

(just noodling here, not really going anywhere with it :))

I don't find it unusual at all.
What with the stories that Casey was telling, interviewing differant people, here a dead daddy, there a dead daddy, grandparents never having met so called daddy, ignoring{?} that she was pregnant, etc.
That would have been one of the first tests I would have requested had I been in charge.

However, with that being said, Baez is playing dirty with this line of questioning IMO, and maybe Vasco will catch up to him in the back alley today after he gives his press conferance at 4.

JP's "Enjoy your lunch." comment to the jury was just not a cheery on today.

What I think bothers me alot, ICA's case might just get an appeal because of how incompetent JB is.

::screaming from behind my monitor::

I am assuming juror #4 is the AA Female who doesn't judge people.

Let's say she is a conservative Christian who feels that only God can judge and not her...okay...I a few ways...from what I have heard I think, I think a bit like she does.

I wouldn't want to judge someone...but I can listen to evidence and determine if the State has a right to make the judgment and meet out the punishment.

She doesn't scare me as much as some of the young men.

Maybe I am naive but I have no fears...save getting through the DT CIC. :crazy:

PLEASE STOP listening to IS for FACTS.

I specifically recall listening to Jean C. talking specifically about ALL the jurors taking notes during some portions of the states case.

That's why I'm not watching. Just reading along here.

I have to admit that I put the television on mute so I can just read the words. I am more calm reading than listen to the testimony.

JA is a seasoned veteran. The judge knows this. Respectfully, imo.
Right, but what has that to do with HHJP treating JA with the same professionalism as he treats the rest of the State's lawyers in the room, who are also seasoned attorneys?

OTOH, maybe HHJP and JA are very good friends and HHJP is subconsciously over compensating.

Doesn't matter in the grand scheme, I suppose, but HHJP's treatment of JA is over the top sometimes.

Jose Baez is doing his best to try to forward his theory that Lee and George molested Casey. He has to do this or he has to put Casey on the stand or get either George or Lee to admit to it. Let's see where Jeff Aston's objection sits when court resumes.

Put Casey on the stand Mr. Baez I dare you!

I double dog dare him! :giggle:

I'm like y'all....I'm a bit concerned about Juror #4. In Session was saying she was taking notes for the first time today. Quite disturbing to say the least. Did she go in there with the mindset that she absolutely CANNOT judge this case because it is up to God to judge? Do you think she has the mindset of "I'll show them, I told them I couldn't judge"? Worries me.....

I don't find it unusual at all.
What with the stories that Casey was telling, interviewing differant people, here a dead daddy, there a dead daddy, grandparents never having met so called daddy, ignoring{?} that she was pregnant, etc.
That would have been one of the first tests I would have requested had I been in charge.

However, with that being said, Baez is playing dirty with this line of questioning IMO, and maybe Vasco will catch up to him in the back alley today after he gives his press conferance at 4.

Latest tweets say PC was cancelled, he has obtained a new lawyer

Juror number 4 is one person. We are giving her too much importance. The talking heads are. Anyone who ever sat on a jury before knows that there is at least one jury member, who will be like a needle in your knee. You just work through it. I'm not worried.

Occasionally, when I feel a little doubt creeping in that this case will all be all sewn up nice and tight, I wonder if JB's Columbo routine is intentional - to take everyone off guard. It creates a huge knot in my stomach. Fortunately, I don't think he's bright enough to carry it off. But, I'm human, so those doubts creep in every now and then. :(

Sunni Hostin saying she thought JB would front load with putting Kc on first......maybe he will put her on last.....not good to put her on at all...

Mike brooks said JB started out today out with a fizzle.....no tissue everything decomposed - no dna.....too simple according to Vinnie (did MB read WS up thread?)

I'm not worried because of you guys to read and bounce are feelings about. Justice will be done.I'm positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member