2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to Trish, please get a buzzer and we can take turns listening to baez and IF he says anything that makes sense then Buzz it to wake the rest of us up. Also BUZZ when side bars are over.

LOL...I had fallen asleep around 10:15, and got woken up around 11:00 by Bill Shaeffer telling me the jury was leaving the courtroom. Now I'm confuzzled as to why JB is fighting to get the shovel DNA in, when it SHOWS some amount of female, HHJP telling JA to calm down, and I think I'll get another coffee before the jury returns.

I could use that buzzer.

AND...once again....HHJP gives in to JB. State will just have to clear up JB's mess. Thanks, judge. ICA hearts you.

SA has a real problem with Baez introducing this DNA evidence.

Mr. Ashton being reprimanded by Perry. SA really really doesn't want this evidence in, wonder why?

"Cause it's useless and will only confuse the jury. But, that's all Baez can offer, confusion.

The DNA on the shovel could be from a female or a male, per the expert. Not enough DNA there to know for sure.

At my house it would be dog poop. Wonder if they tested for that? :innocent:

Let’s open the can of desperation up and pass it around for the jury to smell. This seems like cruel and unusual treatment of a jury.

Ok, JB just explained what he's trying to do. So now I completely don't understand what or why he's doing what he's doing.

(t)reasonable doubt...absense of Y means X is a woman...so this could go to the state since ICA did borrow that shovel...

I think he may be trying to point out that no touch DNA was ever tested for, and therefore they left a big hole in testing for other perpetrators. I know that sounds stupid but it's the best I've got.

And yet, it's 1000000 times better than what JB and his DT have! :floorlaugh:

Ok,.. He flew an FBI DNA tech from Quantico to testify that she has nothing?

Me too. Ever since the hearings it has been the same way. If JB acts like an *** HHJP will pat his hand and say Now,Now, lets's play nice...
If JA says anything he doesn't like he gets super critical.

Well, aren't YOU more patient with children that you are with adults? ;)

JB has got them now! A man or a woman touched the shovel. The State really flubbed that by not testing the shovel. <<<---sarcasm Somebody get him a bigger shovel and some more rope plz

does the jury just have to hover in a hallway when they are sent out like that or do they have a break-room type space they can retire to while they wait? I can't imagine how must restraint they would have to have to keep their mouths shut. Must be maddening to not react/talk about anything with the only other people in the world who are experiencing the same moments as you.

The expert can detect an X chromosome on the shovel, but there is no Y chromosome (or second X chromosome) peak. Therefore, she can't determine if it's female or male DNA. All of us have at least one X chromosome.

They are going to try and say it wasn't ICA who used the shovel. Another dig at GA. But don't know how that will fly with the jury since she was the one who borrowed the shovel.

The witness ought to be directed to simply answer "Yes" or "No" as to the scientific significance of the test. Can this be defined as DNA, can this be defined as Male or female, can this sample or test tell you if this is a human sample?

So, in a nutshell - JB wants to ask her about some part of the RFU that has no meaning, and she cannot determine anything from it. JA was saying it is not relevant since no conclusion can be drawn.

CJBP is allowing it, and JA can clear it up on cross. Then the jury can decide if it matters.

But but...evidence of nothing is evidence....eyeroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member