2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wth?

Does she have to write out the whole table from her report on Baez's big board?

Check out over JB's shoulder, LDB sitting and smiling away.

Does anyone else feel this line of questioning is completely meaningless? I feel like the DT had nothing scheduled for today and called on her to talk forensic jibberish!

Does anyone have any idea as to where this will actually lead the DT? (Besides take them up to a lunch break?)

JMO

YEP!!!! and NOPE!!!

I am not understanding this tactic.

Jane: "I see tiny little fairies all about the room right now."
Bob: "What? I don't think so? I don't see anything."
Jane: "Prove to me the tiny little fairies do not exist then."

I served on a jury for a hit and run case last year. We had a well-appointed room with a big conference table with comfortable leather chairs. There was also a nice bathroom/dressing room, small kitchenette area, and a sofa.

ETA: The jury room was located right off the main court room, so we did not go into the hall or have to interact with anyone except for the judge or court officials.

Sounds like the room WE were in! However, when the two smokers wanted to go out... we ALL had to march out with the bailiff to prevent talking to visitors, etc. I had a defense attorney put up a finger to his mouth, to shush me in the hall one day. I was alone and not speaking to ANYONE!

Why can't they give the jurors a copy of the table? She has to recreate it?

So annoying.

See JB, you're getting a free lesson on how to use a white pad. Embarrassed much ... ICA must be seething.

For goodness sakes, this is not testimony! It is a class! Get to the point, JB!

omg... can the jurors raise their hands if they are confused??

hhjp: NO

(((((THUD)))))

Can I raise my hand?? I'm beyond confused and I studied Biology in college. This is WAY too much info IMO.

Did he seriously ask if the jurors can raise their hands if they get confused??? I feel like I am watching 'My cousin Vinny'! Is this his first case he ever did???

Jose looks envious of her coloring, drawing and spelling skills...

Maybe a squirrel used it.

:floorlaugh:

I'm just getting here............who is the FBI expert on the stand?

I forget her name but basically you haven't missed a single thing so far. Don't waste your time going back and reading this from the beginning I can summarize fairly simply.

JB has questioned one witness and this one. The testimony he's asked about has confused just about everyone. The first witness interviewed was questioned, IMO, to prove there was no blood evidence but why that matters I don't know.

This witness is being questioned to prove that the absence of evidence means there is no evidence. I think. So far JB has not gone to anything touching on his opening statement.

I wonder if this witness was his top gun and we should all be dazzled since the rest of his presentation will go down hill fast? Is that even possible? omg

The expert can detect an X chromosome on the shovel, but there is no Y chromosome (or second X chromosome) peak. Therefore, she can't determine if it's female or male DNA. All of us have at least one X chromosome.

Okay but CASEY borrowed the shovel. Mr Burner established that in his testimony. Not George or Roy K or anyone else. So it really doesn't prove anything, like the expert told JP. <sigh>

Obviously someone, in a past hearing, was able to put together a powerpoint presentation to be put on the overhead...why oh why, did JB not do a sheet for the overhead to see this info...

Also, this is so overloading the jury with unneeded info just to say that an FBI analyst left DNA on the tape. *my eyes are now rolling around loose in my head!"

I'm not understanding how finding dna on a shovel could show contamination at the FBI lab. Can you explain further? TIA

Two different incidents. I'm sorry I was typing very fast and it made sense in my head. LOL. Okay so defense might say: there was an incident of contamination at FBI lab (which there really was) and then with the shovel. It can't be proven if it was male or female DNA but DNA was found. Well the neighbor was male right? And KC was female right? But GA is a male too and KC is saying he was all up in that coverup so to speak....Just some thoughts I could be wrong. Baez may be unseasoned but we have to remember he is being advised by others that are seasoned. Wondering where this team will go with this defense..that's all. I can't figure it out yet.

Does anyone have a working link besides wesh? I might have to restart puter :(

I really like this witness. She is very polished, and clearly loves what she does. But, I really don't think anyone is getting anything out of this. I mean really..... drawing these squiggly lines and peaks, and RFU's - Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke