2011.06.16 Vigil Info *bump*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My mind will wander (easily) and I will think how did we get from there (31 days) to here(the lies and alibies tour). Some have forgotten Caylee and the panic some of us felt in the begining, pouring over satellite maps thousands of miles away to find this precious baby. All the while CA tellling us what jerks and maggots we were and now we are "bloggers". Caylee's face comes to my mind at the most unexpected times. Rarely a day goes by I do not think of her, I will do something in her memory as I stated before, but better still I am going to be a better Grandmother (for the first time) because of Caylee. She was just a baby, but she taught this old gal a lot! That is my tribute to Caylee.

I was visiting the "It's all about Caylee" thread recently and realized June 16th will be coming around again soon.

Do you have any special plans to remember Caylee on this day?

Locals?
I don't need to mark this date on my calendar, as it is already carved into my heart.

Same goes for August 9th, the date of Caylee's birth.

Just as I will always know the dates of my late boyfriend's birth and death, without any reminders. Just as I will always know the date of my father's birth and passing, without having to look up the dates.

Somehow I know I will never forget this precious little girl named Caylee.
I am still a little stunned at how much what happened to Caylee has changed my view on so many things.

I think the ideas other posters have suggested on this thread are wonderful.

I, too, will now light a candle in memory of Caylee on these two dates.

What a beautiful way to honor this child who has touched so many hearts.

The moon was in full moon phase on May 20,2008 very close to the 18th

Maybe we should do a "real time" anniversary timeline thread, with details about computer activity, cell phone activity, etc.? But it would probably degenerate pretty quickly into confusion about which date was the "shovel day" and which date she visited Chris S. ;)

Still, it would be nice if we could think of some way to pull together all the information for each day as its anniversary comes up. It might trigger a "Eureka" moment or two. Maybe we could ask for volunteers to chronicle each day and have their submissions reviewed by a committee of a few WS'ers who are known for their attention to detail (JWG, BJB, etc.) before posting in an "official" (read: locked) anniversary timeline thread.

I love this thread, though it has brought tears to my eyes.
I have been struck by the thought that even though Caylees loss is a senseless tragedy, Our lives have been enriched by this beautiful baby we didn't know. Her death has made us more concious of the plight of other children in the world. It has caused many to re-examine the relationships they have with their children. We have been blessed to get to know this little angel even after death...A child we never would have known otherwise.
Personally, she has enriched my life...though I would give anything to have her alive and happy today. :cry:
I love everyones ideas for honoring sweet Caylee. I don't know what I will do to honor her myself. Maybe steal a few of your great ideas. I know I won't let the day go by without remembering Caylee, and doing my best to forget Casey :furious:.

SNIPPED: I know I will never forget this precious little girl named Caylee.
I am still a little stunned at how much what happened to Caylee has changed my view on so many things."
I believe that as sad as Caylee's death was that there are many beautiful things that have sprung from her life and memory, just as the flower and the fairy sprang from the little rabbit's tears in "The Velveteen Rabbit."

Many people have learned so much about so many things from Caylee's life.

I've learned a lot about my feelings towards others and I can admit that I've experienced feelings about other people when thinking about Caylee's death that I didn't believe myself capable of feeling.

I've made new friends here at WS, a place I'd only lurked before.

I've also been reminded of how precious every life is and to hold on to those whom I love a little tighter.

Having said that, I'm thinking about buying a new book or two, dedicating them to Caylee's memory and donating them to my local library...

As many of you know my son died 4 years ago. For me his birthday is much more meaningful than the day he died. A birthday is a day that is supposed to be celebrated .Now it is a constant reminder .He would've been 16 today,17 today,18 today.What would he be like? what would he be doing now?
The anniversary of the day he died is only to be endured.His birthday is a day of reflections for the years we had and the wonder of what might have been.He died 5 days after his 15th birthday.
I remember hearing the media at times ,referring to Caylee as 3 years old.I would silently scream out "No,that's wrong! She never got to be 3" Can you imagine? She never got to be 3.

As many of you know my son died 4 years ago. For me his birthday is much more meaningful than the day he died. A birthday is a day that is supposed to be celebrated .Now it is a constant reminder .He would've been 16 today,17 today,18 today.What would he be like? what would he be doing now?
The anniversary of the day he died is only to be endured.His birthday is a day of reflections for the years we had and the wonder of what might have been.He died 5 days after his 15th birthday.
I remember hearing the media at times ,referring to Caylee as 3 years old.I would silently scream out "No,that's wrong! She never got to be 3" Can you imagine? She never got to be 3.

Thank you, Ms. James, for helping us keep this real. Bless you in your remembrance of your son.

I believe that as sad as Caylee's death was that there are many beautiful things that have sprung from her life and memory, just as the flower and the fairy sprang from the little rabbit's tears in "The Velveteen Rabbit."

I've learned a lot about my feelings towards others and I can admit that I've experienced feelings about other people when thinking about Caylee's death that I didn't believe myself capable of feeling.

I've also been reminded of how precious every life is and to hold on to those whom I love a little tighter.

Having said that, I'm thinking about buying a new book or two, dedicating them to Caylee's memory and donating them to my local library...

I love this post. Thanks, Chezhire.

I love all the wonderful ideas here to commemorate June 16. Since it is a Tuesday I'll have to be at work but my thoughts have more to do with Fathers' Day which this year is the following Sunday, June 21. I'll be thinking about Caylee's great-grandfather on that day and of the video taken last year on Fathers' Day when Caylee seemed so happy sitting on his lap with his arm around her. I pray he's doing as best as possible. That day might be a good one to go visit someone in a nursing or senior care home who has lost his family or doesn't receive visits from family for his special day. That, imo, would be a tribute to Caylee. :rose:

I bought dragonfly twinkle lights when she went missing then installed them under our gazebo. They go on every night with a prayer for Caylee and all of the other little wee ones that are missing or gone from this world too soon.

Samaritan's Purse is an International organization designed to provide need-specific aide & relief to ANY child/family/person/village/city/country under duress.

Just a thought...

www.samartianspurse.org

Back to the first page of your threads, baby girl. We're all here for YOU.

ST. JUDES HOSPITAL...no one can go wrong with that one!

Chez,

I think Caylee's tragedy brought many of us out of lurking and into an active community of so many who care so much. At least it did for me.

I love your idea of donating a book in Caylee's memory. If you don't mind my stealing part of the idea I'd like to donate some books to a local organization for abused children.

Thanks for sharing all your legal knowledge here and helping us to honor Caylee by exploring justice for her. She is sadly missed almost a year later.

Lil

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back