2011.06.16 Vigil Info *bump*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will most likely wait until the sun goes down and the night sky emerges full of stars. Go out on my deck, sit in a lounge chair and look up at the stars. I'll wonder if she is one of the billions (or gazillions?) of stars up there twinkling. Maybe sing her the "Twinkle twinkle little star" song. Probably say a prayer for her, that she receives justice, just remember her little smiling face. jmo

On June 16th, 2008 I picked up my daughter from work. With my two granddaughters in tow we went to lunch to celebrate. It was my daughter's birthday. It was a beautiful day; we took pictures of the girls as they laughed and played.
Now, almost a year later, I remember that day in another way. While we were having fun and celebrating, little Caylee lost her life. This memory is indelibly etched in my mind. I will never again celebrate the birth of my daughter without remembering the loss of a beautiful child. Her special day will become Caylee's as well.
Every year, on that day, I plan to make a donation in Caylee's name to an organization involved with child abuse. Any suggestions on a worthy cause would be appreciated. I'm so jaded after the kidfinders network thing and I want to put my money where it will be most effective. There are so many Caylees out there. I think this is the best way I can commemorate her life.

On June 16, 2008, my daughter left for Florida for a visit with her dad. I warned him time after time to be careful with her in Florida (no offense to residents, just have been a lot of things going on down there, still think of Jessica Lunsford) and thank God she came home okay, though little Caylee did not :(

ETA-I feel silly now about my Florida viewpoint above, considering we lived in Spotsylvania, Va., where the DC snipers killed a father of 6, and the young Lisk sisters and Sofia Silva were murdered by a sick freak....Poor little babies, all of them!

...and here we are...June already

I thought the same thing soon as I saw this thread. It's nearly a year since the world lost this sweet little girl. Each day has been sad but I fear the 16th will be especially chilling for many of us.

From WESH,

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Some of the many people who helped search for slain toddler Caylee Anthony are planning a vigil to mark the one year anniversary of her death.

A source told WESH 2 the vigil will be held June 16 -- the day investigators believe Caylee died.

Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home in December 2008. Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, is in the Orange County Jail charged with her daughter's murder.

Organizers hope to hold the event at Jay Blanchard Park in East Orange County.

The event will include a balloon release and communal prayer.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19624303/detail.html

I wonder who is planning this vigil...sounds like a wonderful idea, to me, for all of the people who cared about finding Caylee.

From WESH,

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Some of the many people who helped search for slain toddler Caylee Anthony are planning a vigil to mark the one year anniversary of her death.

A source told WESH 2 the vigil will be held June 16 -- the day investigators believe Caylee died.

Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home in December 2008. Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, is in the Orange County Jail charged with her daughter's murder.

I wonder who is planning this vigil...sounds like a wonderful idea, to me, for all of the people who cared about finding Caylee.

I agree and I sincerely hope the people of Orlando and all those who assisted in searching for Caylee are able to have a vigil without interference from anyone. My thoughts and prayers will be with them since I cannot personally be there.

From WESH,

I was checking out another forum and someone there said they had spoken with LP and he doesn't know anything about this. I can't believe this is Anthony approved-cause that would endorse Caylee dying on the 16th and didn't KC say she spoke with Caylee in July? So maybe something RG is putting it together? I hope it's done with dignity and minus the antics C&G, JW and the Milsteads pulled there in Nov. 08'! IMO

[/B]
I was checking out another forum and someone there said they had spoken with LP and he doesn't know anything about this. I can't believe this is Anthony approved-cause that would endorse Caylee dying on the 16th and didn't KC say she spoke with Caylee in July? So maybe something RG is putting it together? I hope it's done with dignity and minus the antics C&G, JW and the Milsteads pulled there in Nov. 08'! IMO
I get the feeling this is not associated with the A camp. In the article it said that "some of the people who helped search" are planning this event. I don't know yet who that is, but if it's coming from anyone that searched for Caylee, I think it's a good thing.

Wonder if the Anthonys will attend?

Wonder if the Anthonys will even be invited to attend?

Wonder if the Anthonys will attend?

Wonder if the Anthonys will even be invited to attend?

wonder 1 -- NO - unless they can be in charge.

wonder 2 -- And yes, a) they would decline or b) try to demand a vigil not take place that does not have their approval or c) try to get donations for the foundation.

I just hope none of the above becomes reality.

Follow-up on St. Jude Children's Hospital...a special resource to children from all around the world.

After reviewing the Terms, it appears to me a Caylee Tribute site would be problematic.

HOWEVER...

One can make an INDIVIDUAL WRITE-IN TRIBUTE DONATION!! :thumb:

Simply fill out this form on which you specify:

1) the name of the individual to whom you want to pay tribute, (e.g. Caylee Marie)*
2) the name & address of the individual to whom you want the gift notification card sent (e.g. G&C)
3) your name & an optional greeting
4) the amount of your gift (pre-designated amounts and free-form "other" option)​

*Only the name is necessary which enables SJCH to keep track of gifts made to honor this individual

Hope that helps!

Bumping info w/ links per request.

From WESH,

I was a searcher at the park, and I will be in Orlando that day taking my DD to the airport, if the vigil is held, then I will be there.

I wrote this for Caylee, the day before we went to suburban drive:
Now it's over, and she is gone
For her it wasn't long, it was just dawn
Her life was short, but not in vain
Because in our hearts she will remain
With big brown eyes, and a smile on her face
She will always be here by Gods grace

Dear sweet Caylee we all have loved you
Though we have never met
But we have to say goodbye with great regret
And now we know you're on the other side
And this is the time for healing our hearts
But know our love for you will never part

You are in the arms of angels, who'll hold you tight
And we know you are alright
Now you walk in the light, not far from God's sight
Who'll watch over you from morning till night

No more pain, no more sorrow
And we will meet you soon, maybe tomorrow

I wonder why the vigil is being planned for Blanchard Park when we now know any association with Blanchard Park (and this case) is tentative at best.

Why isn't the vigil being planned for Suburban? It is a dead-end street, in summertime, near the school when it is not in session.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back