2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that one day Casey gets herself together, tells the truth and devotes her life to making sure no one else kills a child. I hope she becomes a beacon of light for other young mothers in distress, and she helps them avoid her fate, all from prison of course.

I'm a big dreamer and believer in human beings.

wrong month
wrong weather
wrong car
wrong climate
wrong STATE
and the pig was in there for 10 days. Caylee was not in the trunk for 10 days.

AND ICA opened and closed the doors and probably had windows open
I think he is helping the state for deminished insect finds.

Methinks she doesn't like the memory of her daughter's body(bag) covered with flies.

I totally agree, it is so wierd watching her, she is definitely not acting like an innocent mother wrongfully convicted is she?
Tough little cookie if you ask me.

Now we start to get an idea of what was going on in the trunk of the car, rather than just trying to piece it together visually. Now whether they are going to infer that Caylee was or wasn't in the trunk for X period of time etc.

I seriously feel bad when people stop by the thread asking for an update or "what did I miss?" because there's no new info to pass along. Just a lot of nothing.

Same as yesterday - this has to be their tactic, stall - waste time - bore the jury into not listening anymore...

kc sighs as circle of released fluid is discussed...

My gosh! Those graphic pictures of the pigs! How stupid of JB is that? Now the jury has an image to relate to what Caylee's little body may have looked like while in the trunk! OMG!

I thought Baez told HHJP it would only take 30 minutes for this witness? We are way over that time!

Okay, that does it. I cannot look at, nor listen to this. I will just have to read.

MOO

Brilliant Jose show the jury a giant photo of a dead body/PIG in a car trunk... That oughta stick in the minds of the jury. No body can be this incompetent

How do we compare a decomposing pig in NE in Sept, with a TRIPLE BAGGED human in June in Fl?

OMG - the guy just mentioned a 'decompositional ring'.........JA will ask about that for sure.

(Jurors leave the courtroom)
JB: Dr. Huntington, You did not conduct a post mortem interval in this case did you?
Dr. H: A post mortem interval, estimation?
JB: Yes, estimation.
Dr. H: That's correct.
JB: Okay. And neither did Dr. Haskell.
Dr. H: Dr. Haskell didn't necessarily conduct a specific PMI estimation, he did however say it was consistent with such and such date which depending on how you interpret the PMI estimation...
JB: Okay. Now on July 16th 2008, there were items of evidence collected could it have been possible to make a determination at that time about a post mortem interval as it relates to the maggots found in the trunk of the car?
Dr. H: The maggots found in the trunk of the car, if you assume they were associated with a body, then yes. You could have made a post mortem interval estimation.
JB: Was it done in this case?
Dr. H: No.
JB: Are there any other opinions that you plan on, I mean, I guess, are there any other topics that you, sorry Judge. *grin* Um, is that all you plan to testify to on that topic? Or is there more?
Dr. H: *looks confused*
JB: On the post mortem interval.
Dr. H: With regard to post mortem interval, no that should be sufficient.
JB: No further questions Judge.
JA: Would you say that a post mortem interval could be done under those circumstances?
Dr. H: Again, with the maggots from the trash bag from the trunk, if you assume they are associated with a body, rather that they came from a human body, then you could have estimated how long ago those eggs were laid. Which would coincide with the time of death or approximate time of death.
JA: Why weren't you able to do that based on looking at the evidence that was collected?
Dr. H: Looking at the evidence that was collected, for me, i could not make that assumption. For me, there is no reason to assume that those maggots came from a human body.
JA: But if you did make that assumption, then you could make a PMI?
Dr. H: If you make that assumption, yes.
JA: Okay well, make that assumption.
Dr. H: Okay. *wide grin*
JA: I'm sorry, okay, I don't have any other questions.
HJBP: Any additional argument Mr. Ashton as to whether or not that (I could not hear the end of the sentence)
JA: No Your Honor, I now know that it's about the car. I really have no objection because the car is discussed. I thought that counsel was going to talk about the scene because that's what I thought I heard him say. So now that I know it's the car, yes that is covered in the report and we've discussed the car so we don't have a problem with that. I apologize it was my misunderstanding but I thought I heard counsel say it was the scene.
HJBP: There was another area that ya'll had some slight disagreement on at the bench dealt with some questions about the scene so let's take care of those now rather then ah....
JA: I think we have, I spoke to counsel and we've agreed that he's not going to go into the issue as to whether they were permitted access to the scene it's not an issue sir.
JB: Correct, we're not going to discuss that.
HJBP: Any other matters we need to take up, I think it may be a good time to take a short break for the participants. Any other things we need to take up?
JB: Nothing from the defense Your Honor.
JA: No, sir.
HJBP: One of the things, Mr. Baez did you file Dr. Huntington's report?
JB: I believe I did. Yes, sir when we had the would have been way back when we had the order requesting all the reports, I'm quite certain if not I can provide the court with another copy.
HJBP: If you filed it... (did not hear the end again)
JB: May we be excused til *glances back at clock* what time sir? *grin*
HJBP: 5 or 10 minutes, you tell me?
JA: 5 is fine for me.
JB: 10 minutes would be a little better.
HJBP: 10 minutes would be better? Alright. 5 past the hour.
(court is in recess for 10 minutes)

He lives in Nebraska how has he analyzed this EXACT stain?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton