2011.06.18 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's happening with Casey's appearance...and I'm not talking about the way she dresses...or her hair, make-up, etc. Maybe it's the ugliness of the testimony I'm hearing, but the more I see her, the more she looks like the murderer she's accused of being. I can't really explain it, but if I were the jury I could look and see a killer.

If I understand what the duties of a jury to be, don't they have to see evidence of an accident before they render a verdict? I don't see how the defense has substantiated their claims in their opening statement...at least, not yet. They need to base their decision on what has been presented at trial. I understand how personal "feelings" may weigh in their decision, but I don't believe in their instructions there will be mention of "go by what your gut is telling you". They need to weigh the evidence. If they don't, they will fall short of what their responsibilities are.
JMO

Remember Ann Finnell, asking her question about having mercy...
I sure hope not, but who knows.

I don't know what's happening with Casey's appearance...and I'm not talking about the way she dresses...or her hair, make-up, etc. Maybe it's the ugliness of the testimony I'm hearing, but the more I see her, the more she looks like the murderer she's accused of being. I can't really explain it, but if I were the jury I could look and see a killer.

I have been pondering that too. I think it may really be sinking in for her, slowly. Granted she has been in a cell alone for 23 hours a day, reportedly, until trial, but I do believe it is finally starting to get in there.

I don't think she had any experience or opportunity in her 20 some years to realize that you must pay for wrongdoings. This may be her first real lesson which is horrible. Not feeling sorry for her, I think she will kill again if she gets less than life in prison. She may even do so in prison. I just think she has never had to pay the piper before in her young life.

Imagine if no one ever found Caylee. The world just thought she was missing forever like so many others. I think there would be quite a list of untimely deceased people around KC.

Perhaps all of the jury selection participants that said they think she is guilty and the State's arguments are making her ever so slightly aware. Not that it would have stopped her.

Guess I am saying, she is worried now, for the first time, but for herself. As she should be.

Just a saying...IMO. For me personally, it's a way to vent. What was done to that child (poor Caylee) was beyond evil. I'd be just as glad to see her put away for the rest of her life and never to hear mention of her name again.

I know....I figured it was pretty much a sayin'.I can't post here what I say on a daily basis about Casey as it is not lady like and not in a dictionary.

My husband asked me about her going to the electric chair and I had to explain to him that lethal injection would be her choice.He did not understand as he is Canadian, and there is no death penalty here.He thought she automatically would be electrocuted.Had to set him straight on the matter.

Adding to the above about KC looking different now, I listened to an interview of a man that was held hostage in another Country a few days ago. 160 days of solitary confinement with one hour a day of physical and mental torture.

He said that he started looking forward to the torture. As social animals humans crave social activity, torture was better than none. Solitary confinement was the worst part to him. There were more details, but thought I would leave the gore out.

Do you remember the day that she was viewing the video of Caylee's superimposed (sp)face on the screen when the lawyers were in the sidebar looking at the video with the judge?I had never seen her face morph like that before.It was very noticable.It was rage...and damn right scary.I couldn't take my eyes off of her.You could see the redness,and the forehead wanting to implode.It was freaky...and I do not scare that easy.It was disturbing as hell.

snipped

Imagine if no one ever found Caylee. The world just thought she was missing forever like so many others. I think there would be quite a list of untimely deceased people around KC.

When I read this, something came to me. ICA was hoping no one would find Caylee's body, and she could just stick with the kidnapping story forever as a grieving mother. It changed when she was arrested and put in jail for murder anyway- without the body. The state was trying her for murder even without a body. So they had incentive for the body to be found. JB probably got ICA to say where she was- Dominic C and Hoover went looking off Suburban to find the body and firm up the kidnapping story!

When I read this, something came to me. ICA was hoping no one would find Caylee's body, and she could just stick with the kidnapping story forever as a grieving mother. It changed when she was arrested and put in jail for murder anyway- without the body. The state was trying her for murder even without a body. So they had incentive for the body to be found. JB probably got ICA to say where she was- Dominic C and Hoover went looking off Suburban to find the body and firm up the kidnapping story!

I think JB and ICA would've been happier had the body not been found. They could've claimed in court that "there's no body, no proof of murder". Plus the state made this a DP case after the body was found. It's hasn't worked in ICA's favor at all.

I agree! The TH on HLN and trueTV need to come here to WS and learn the truth. I would think the people who own HLN and TruTV would be embarrassed to have so many misinformed people. They need to start reading from 3 years ago. I can not think of one person reporting on the murder of baby Caylee who has told the truth.
Ted Tuner doesn't care about sloppy journalism. It is the ratings all the news media care about. Higher ratings = big bucks for commercials. Turner is no different than any of these owners/corporations in the media world. I firmly believe this is one reason why Nancy has excessive amounts of commercials. The show needs them to pay for it. How many "seen on tv" commercials are needed; more than I can stand watch apparently.

I am one who flatly refuses to watch the majority of them. NBC and their sister channels aren't even programmed in the favorite channels listings on my FIOS tv. Nor is CNN or their sister channels. I have to physically punch the remote to get one.

I think JB and ICA would've been happier had the body not been found. They could've claimed in court that "there's no body, no proof of murder". Plus the state made this a DP case after the body was found. It's hasn't worked in ICA's favor at all.

I agree, finding no body was better at first. But when the state charged her with murder anyway, then finding the body may have been the thing to do in her mind. The body was decomposed and she could still stick to her Zanny kidnapping story. She could get sympathy from the world. She wasn't counting on all the evidence the state had against her. JMO

My favorite was right at the end of LDB's opening statement when she was telling just what Casey did. Casey did that red face, klingon forehead thing and her eyes were going back and forth like a trapped animal. The closing should be fantastic to watch.

Ted Tuner doesn't care about sloppy journalism. It is the ratings all the news media care about. Higher ratings = big bucks for commercials. Turner is no different than any of these owners/corporations in the media world. I firmly believe this is one reason why Nancy has excessive amounts of commercials. The show needs them to pay for it. How many "seen on tv" commercials are needed; more than I can stand watch apparently.

I am one who flatly refuses to watch the majority of them. NBC and their sister channels aren't even programmed in the favorite channels listings on my FIOS tv. Nor is CNN or their sister channels. I have to physically punch the remote to get one.

I used to watch Court TV before it turned into TruTV, which now airs very silly shows in my opinion. The Caylee Anthony case, the Haileigh Cummings Case, and the Shiniya Davis case kept me watching some shows on TruTV, but mostly I watch HLN. My eyes have been opened now that I watch the trial live and uninterruped and compare what actually happened with what is reported. I really admired JVM, Jean C, Diane Diamond, Vinnie Politan, and tolerated NG's bullying personality just to get the latest developments of the cases that interested me. Now that I can hear with my own two ears that HLN and TruTV (and some other media) are not reporting accurately, I can go back to my old ways of barely watching TV. Perhaps a good boycott and letter to HLN and TruTV is in order, but I don't think anything will stop them from twisting the daily news just so they can report the "shocking" verdict and their utterly annoying and repetitious "bombshell" sound bites.

I agree, finding no body was better at first. But when the state charged her with murder anyway, then finding the body may have been the thing to do in her mind. The body was decomposed and she could still stick to her Zanny kidnapping story. She could get sympathy from the world. She wasn't counting on all the evidence the state had against her. JMO

You could be right. I don't know. How would she know the body was so badly decomposed though? I guess we'll never know, unless she confesses. Casey is a very difficult to understand. I guess most killers are.

I used to watch Court TV before it turned into TruTV, which now airs very silly shows in my opinion. The Caylee Anthony case, the Haileigh Cummings Case, and the Shiniya Davis case kept me watching some shows on TruTV, but mostly I watch HLN. My eyes have been opened now that I watch the trial live and uninterruped and compare what actually happened with what is reported. I really admired JVM, Jean C, Diane Diamond, Vinnie Politan, and tolerated NG's bullying personality just to get the latest developments of the cases that interested me. Now that I can hear with my own two ears that HLN and TruTV (and some other media) are not reporting accurately, I can go back to my old ways of barely watching TV. Perhaps a good boycott and letter to HLN and TruTV is in order, but I don't think anything will stop them from twisting the daily news just so they can report the "shocking" verdict and their utterly annoying and repetitious "bombshell" sound bites.

Too bad the rest of their viewers can't figure this out on their own (hey Sheba, you reading this :floorlaugh:) . Far too many folks take these media *advertiser censored* word as gospel truth without question or investigating the facts on their own and draw common sense conclusions.

My grandson was the first who told me about Caylee missing he was 15 at the time. I had Fox on and then found Nancy. I surfed the web finding other sites with info. Finally in late July I found WS. I joined shortly after I could not stomach being on another site and have been here since.

You could be right. I don't know. How would she know the body was so badly decomposed though? I guess we'll never know, unless she confesses. Casey is a very difficult to understand. I guess most killers are.

I guess by November, JB's experts could have known the body was badly decomposed. I picture JB and ICA scrambling to go on with Plan A kidnapping and stick with that, Plan B oops -I'm arrested for murder even without a body, Plan C -it got worse- now DP case so now it was an accident and dad abused me, etc.

I agree with everything you have stated here regarding ICA. I have personal experience dealing with someone very much like her, and I have no doubt in my mind...NONE...that she murdered Caylee. I was simply stating what my heart doesn't want to believe and is struggling to accept. It was certainly not my intention to upset you, or anyone else here., and I apologize if I have.
:blowkiss:

No worries, I never get upset here:) Everyone here seems like a genuinely good person....even when we may disagree.....and they're wrong :crazy:

Oh I trust the jury also - this was more of a bigger concern - I've been more and more aware of how slanted the news is depending on who owns the news sites, what their political agenda is, etc., but now I am seeing how untrue these news agencies I am pondering why I watch them at all.

I can make a commitment to never watch HLN again, Dr. Drew. JVM or Joy Behare, and will give Nancy Grace a few more tries because she's done not too badly lately despite her ridiculous bombshells.

But the rest of them? It saddens me to lose the huge amount of trust or respect in how they report the news.

I have come to the same conclusion and will never again trust their word. I made a point to watch 3 local stations to see what their coverage was, and was blown away at this morning's WESH coverage. The only person on the entire station worth listening to is RH. IMO. Sad because I have been a WESH supporter for many years.

Padilla was on the fox news with Judge Janine and he said KC chloroformed Caylee the night of June 15th and Caylee died that night. Does that go against most of the other time frames that have been discussed? Was that too early? Also, supposedly she did not go out the night of the 15th?

I have lost count of how many different 'theories' Padilla has made up about what happened, but this must be at least version 15 or 16. He changes his story each time he learns about a new fact of the case. He never mentioned chloroform in his earliest theories, right? If you keep in mind that he does not have any more information about this case than we do, you can give his theory as much credit as you want to. Personally, I give him no credit at all, and I would like to see him take his hat and his boots and ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again. MOO :innocent:

Casey doesn't deserve the death penalty because other child killers are still alive? :waitasec:

I haven't read this article, I'm sure it's about all the other stories of people who have murdered/harmed children. This statement tells me other child killers should be put to death. Anyone who murders/harms a child should be put to death.

I have lost count of how many different 'theories' Padilla has made up about what happened, but this must be at least version 15 or 16. He changes his story each time he learns about a new fact of the case. He never mentioned chloroform in his earliest theories, right? If you keep in mind that he does not have any more information about this case than we do, you can give his theory as much credit as you want to. Personally, I give him no credit at all, and I would like to see him take his hat and his boots and ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again. MOO :innocent:

ITA about Padilla. I guess he's considered good for the ratings, since EVERYONE has him on to share his wild and incredible claims and opinions. In the course of the trial I've gone from taking him with a ton of salt to not believing a word he says. I wish he'd go away too, but sadly I don't think he will. :sick:

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member