2011.06.18 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I trust the jury also - this was more of a bigger concern - I've been more and more aware of how slanted the news is depending on who owns the news sites, what their political agenda is, etc., but now I am seeing how untrue these news agencies I am pondering why I watch them at all.

I can make a commitment to never watch HLN again, Dr. Drew. JVM or Joy Behare, and will give Nancy Grace a few more tries because she's done not too badly lately despite her ridiculous bombshells.

But the rest of them? It saddens me to lose the huge amount of trust or respect in how they report the news.

My husband used to work for a local news station back in Va. He became so disgusted with the curent state of journalism, that he left that field and became a film editor for a production company here in TN.

I completely understand your frustration. :(

I've never tried to make it myself, but I have observed it being made. It is an incredibly tedious, methodical, and lengthy process. I do not, for one second, envision ICA going through it. She's too darn lazy.

Lo, I see it the opposite way. It is not that difficult and KC had nothing else to do, so why not. She had/has not had the chance to grow up, so this would be a nice rebellious activity for her to spend a few minutes on. Doesn't take that long, not complicated at all, from what I have read, and now we have a video on it.

She was only lazy when something did not interest/benefit her, like normal life tasks, jobs, housekeeping etc... (She has proven she is willing to do housework when it benefits her, in her mind.) I guess now laziness is a requirement, how much can you do in a cell most days, then the trial, days are now occupied by sitting there spacing out. :crazy:

This is OT, but I have been wanting to ask what everyone thinks:

What in the HECK did ICA think was going to happen with her car???
If she wanted it stolen, she would have left the keys in there and the door unlocked.
Did she just think it would eventually get towed, never to be thought of again? There must have been some game plan...
Was the whole thing done to let that bag of trash rot and smell up the car to cover the death smell? But then what?

When I hear she visited the website "How to make Chloroform" 84 times...I think she made it and did it...but then I think...Is she really smart enough to make chloroform???....and the answer is NO???....so I am torn.

IMO she was "smart" enough, but as others have pointed out, she probably would not have the patience to make it... ICA's a spur of the moment kinda gal.

This is OT, but I have been wanting to ask what everyone thinks:

What in the HECK did ICA think was going to happen with her car???
If she wanted it stolen, she would have left the keys in there and the door unlocked.
Did she just think it would eventually get towed, never to be thought of again? There must have been some game plan...
Was the whole thing done to let that bag of trash rot and smell up the car to cover the death smell? But then what?
I think she was looking for "one more day" to figure out what to do, but was too caught up in partying to make herself consider any consequences. I really question whether she wanted the car stolen. I would think a better place to entice someone to steal a car would be a high-profile location or mall. NOT sidled in beside a dumpster where it wouldn't be as noticeable.

How was she going to continue to explain not bringing the baby home to CA and GA? The abandoned car? Normal people can't conceive of a no-plan plan. IMO

Oh I trust the jury also - this was more of a bigger concern - I've been more and more aware of how slanted the news is depending on who owns the news sites, what their political agenda is, etc., but now I am seeing how untrue these news agencies I am pondering why I watch them at all.

I can make a commitment to never watch HLN again, Dr. Drew. JVM or Joy Behare, and will give Nancy Grace a few more tries because she's done not too badly lately despite her ridiculous bombshells.

But the rest of them? It saddens me to lose the huge amount of trust or respect in how they report the news.

You said it! The said thing is though that a lot of people believe everything that is reported in the media/or on certain channels. It's become more about ratings and sensationalism than actual investigative reporting.

I think she was looking for "one more day" to figure out what to do, but was too caught up in partying to make herself consider any consequences. I really question whether she wanted the car stolen. I would think a better place to entice someone to steal a car would be a high-profile location or mall. NOT sidled in beside a dumpster where it wouldn't be as noticeable.

How was she going to continue to explain not bringing the baby home to CA and GA? The abandoned car? Normal people can't conceive of a no-plan plan. IMO

If I'm going to steal a car though it's probably going to be somewhere not all that high profile. I mean, around a high-profile mall or something like that, chances are higher that someone will see what's happening and report it.

If I'm going to steal a car though it's probably going to be somewhere not all that high profile. I mean, around a high-profile mall or something like that, chances are higher that someone will see what's happening and report it.
HAha! Nali,

Of course, but then I bet you are not an idiot!! I was counting on an idiot to see the keys, seize the opportunity and damn the security cameras. :)

Casey doesn't deserve the death penalty because other child killers are still alive? :waitasec:

I don't want ICA to get the DP but not because she doesn't deserve it. I hate the thought of her being protected from the general population when that is where she deserves to be. Not treated differently and 'protected' while serving her sentence. I WANT ICA in the GP and treated exactly like any other inmate. IMO that will be a far harsher sentence than the DP.

JMO

I tried really hard to find a block of time during the 15th, 16th, or 17th, in which there was a large gap between her calls, texts or computer usage. But even when there is a 2 or 3 hr period, it is always followed by frivolous or chatty texts or calls about Club Fusion or upcoming dates or plans.

And that makes it really hard to determine a time of death for Caylee. Even if it was an accident, wouldn't one assume there would be a several hour period where she would not want to discuss party night or future social events?Just read Maia's post upstream--I will go look at the time you noticed that there was little cell usage.
That might be it.

You are assuming that ICA would have reacted like a "normal" person after the "accident." If she made party night and social event calls she was probably feeling pretty sure of herself about being able to participate in same, due to now being "childless." MOO

Casey doesn't deserve the death penalty because other child killers are still alive? :waitasec:

I think it was Linda who said that Casey Anthony shouldn't get the DP because she's no Bin Laden. I had to shake my head at that. I actually think she IS just a horrible as Bin Laden. When a mother kills her own child, that's one of the worst possible crimes in my opinion. You're supposed to love and cherish your children, not cold-bloodedly murder them. I swear this case is tempting my beliefs around the death-penalty.

I think it was Linda who said that Casey Anthony shouldn't get the DP because she's no Bin Laden. I had to shake my head at that. I actually think she IS just a horrible as Bin Laden. When a mother kills her own child, that's one of the worst possible crimes in my opinion. You're supposed to love and cherish your children, not cold-bloodedly murder them. I swear this case is tempting my beliefs around the death-penalty.

Worse.
Bin Laden killed by remote control.
ICA was hands-on to her own baby.

And as Dr. G stated on the stand... she wasn't expect to find anything after that long. That she simply tested because she felt she needed to... just in case. Which shows how much care actually went into Caylee's autopsy. Dr. S's opening of Caylee's skull was needless and actually kind of cruel. Hadn't she been through enough?

I believe to Dr. S baby Caylee was not a real person. I believe Dr. S did not really know who baby Caylee was. Dr. Geravaglia believed baby Caylee was a realy person. We saw Dr. Geravaglia's compassion when she told us the reamains were those of Caylee Marie Anthony. We it witnessed again how deeply Dr. Geravaglia felt for baby Caylee when she stayed in control while being questioned by CM. Once again we saw Dr. Geravaglia's true comminent to baby Caylee when CM asked her who put that mandible there, Dr. Geravaglia answered without hesitation, "God put it there" Dr.S's testimony is nothing compared to Dr. Geravaglias' I believe the jury will feel the same way.

:waitasec: I'll never understand why it's soooo difficult to believe a mother would ruthlessly and premeditatedly murder her own daughter.

Let's simply change the people involved What if the exact same circumstances occurred with a man and his dead wife? Would you think it was some sort of accident? Heck no! Guess what...this was NO accident! imo

Casey is a classic murdering psychopath. Nothing special about her.... She continually violated the rights of others by lying and stealing. She has no attachments to anyone. She uses people to meet her own needs, she uses them and when they're all used up...she discards them. Like her parents and brother. She has no remorse, she's only sorry she's in jail. She's not like normal people...she has no conscious, empathy, fear or respect for social norms. She's not even a "real" person...she's empty inside...anything & EVERYTHING you see is a facade.

She's not even a "good" psychopath, usually they are quite skilled at MIMICKING appropriate feelings. She certainly isn't even a "good" liar, she stinks at it. She's not particularly bright either.

She could look at photos of her dead daughter's remains everyday and feel nothing. She'll do well in prison...psychopaths always do.

Let me preface this by saying I strongly agree with your opinions of ICA. However, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around a mother doing this to their child. I believe we are biologically setup to protect our children. We hurt when they do, even down to the smallest little cut, scrap, bruise. We hug them, clothe them, feed them, do everything in our power to protect them.

IMO, she's a freak of nature and I will never understand how a person, any person, can do this to a defenseless child. For a mother to do this to their child is incomprehensible to me.

I think the reason for parking near the dumpster was an attempt to mask the smell. Who would steal a car from a mall parking lot that smelled like a dead body?

I'm not sure having the car stolen was really a plan - maybe just a "hope." Once the car was taken, she could say to her parents that the car had been highjacked with Caylee inside. Wouldn't have been the first murderous mother to use that story...

Tink

I've never tried to make it myself, but I have observed it being made. It is an incredibly tedious, methodical, and lengthy process. I do not, for one second, envision ICA going through it. She's too darn lazy.

She could have tried or could have planned to try to make it; thus the computer searches. In the end, she could have succeeded to make a rudimentary batch or found a place to buy it. There are "huffers" out there who will inhale almost anything to get high, including chloroform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota