2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote creepy.

I do not in any way find this photo creepy,JA AND LB are there to represent the murder of this precious little one.This photo touched my heart like so few others,but the differences in our opinions are what makes the world go round ,and I do not have a problem with that.So be it.

I found a possible explanation of ICA's Diary of Days which reads " "I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out OK. I completely trust my own judgment and know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see – This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow– I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people– I am finally happy. Let's just hope that it doesn't change." on a google search that this persons "blog" thought she might be referring to her having an abortion. With that being said, I DO NOT know if this is true but thought it sounded reasonable and have never thought of this.
I'm still new at posting, so if this is improper, please mods don't give me a time out. This is something I just have never thought about nor have made up my mind. Just something to ponder on....

:waitasec:

I suppose it could refer to many different things (turning down a job offer, deciding to quit school, breaking up with a boyfriend) and I don't think there's any way to prove when it was written, so we'll probably never know. One of many mysteries in this case.

I agree - just like his sniffer machine - he's trying to make a mechanical cadaver dog - sort of. He was hired "to think out of the box" - and I think he said he didn't even know what the box was - LOL. Heck - one day - maybe our cell phones will HAVE AN APP FOR THAT. What sounds crazy today - will probably be reality soon enough.
phone app hee! Wouldnt surprise me. Heck I recall back in the day when all one did on a cell phone was make calls!! OH, THE ABSURDITY!

But as I overthink the app thing, I envision that then we'd have do-gooders [and more aptly non-do-gooders] with the phone app (hypotheically tongue in cheek in thi reference) running around finding evidence before the authorities and messing with it. (Certain relatives leap to mind if we need a current example)

Anyhoo.... afternoon all. :-)

I'm a newbie here. Am watching replays of the cross-examination of the defense's doctor on the stand. One thing that Dr. Spitz said was that he put duct tape on himself and he pulled off skin. He did not put duct tape on himself, then put it through a tropical storm underwater for 6 months and THEN pull it off himself. I hope the prosecution picked up on that and will mention that in front of the jury.

If someone else has mentioned that, I apologize for repeating. I had to get it off my chest and haven't had a chance to read anything yet.

Now everyone on the 'panel' for Shep Smith, including Judge Napolitano, is saying the Judge is OBVIOUSLY pro-prosecution and is bending over backwards for the State. Think I'll just turn the channel.

You have to,or be upset every time you watch this stuff.
On Sat night I happened across the J Pirro show.She had a blonde lady answering questions (?what her title was ) when they started talking about who could be Caylee's father. She started off by saying that ICA had lied to JGrund for 2 years, that he was the father and then DNA tests showed him otherwise.
Two years? I think WS membership should be a pre-requisite for all these TH folks, they have no clue, but get paid to make factual errors.

Something that bugs me is that some of these talking heads keep saying that when Baez speaks or has witnesses on the stand there are several jurors that taken notes etc but that when Ashton speaks or has witnesses no one take any notes.

What do you all think that means? They don't find her guilty so they listen to everything Baez says? Or they do think she is guilty so they look for anything that might exonerate her?

if I were a juror on this case, I would do this, also. The reason I would is because I find the State's case compelling. I find it matter-of-fact, with little augmentation beyond those facts.

I would consider how Mr Baez and Mr Mason have chosen to present the witnesses testimonies, and weigh that against the precision with which each of them described what they do and how they do it.

I'd take notes, because something Mr Baez, et al is saying doesn't make sense. If there's a drowning, something's not registering right and I want to follow his trail.

If Jeremy Lyons came knocking at my door trying to ask me questions about ANYONE in this case... I would hire a lawyer immediately!! There is nothing this defense would not do to blame this crime on someone else. I do not blame this man for getting a lawyer at all! Thankfully he had enough sense to call LE on Jeremey Lyons harrassing him instead of talking to him freely.

Perhaps you have not followed this in the media. This poor man has had his name and reputation dragged through the mud for no reason. It has been insinuated NATIONWIDE that he is a kidnapper and perhaps even a murderer. You bet he needs a lawyer...to protect him against these unscrupulous accusers!!!

Agreed. How convenient for the Defense to have found a black man with a history of kidnapping to throw to the wolves and muddy the waters. It's an all too common tactic for Defendants and lawyers alike to stoop to such despicable actions as trying to implicate a minority.

Was it the Susan Smith case (I can't remember) where they rounded up all the black men that fit her description of the alleged black car jacker and all but forced them to submit DNA?

It was a low down, dirty tactic and this gentleman doesn't deserve to have his name associated with this case. I don't blame him one bit for retaining counsel to defend and protect his rights.

What happened in court today? I was not home from early this morning until just a little bit ago... in the hospital getting a procedure. Still a little woozy so forgive any mishaps, but I am confused why the dismissal so early this morning.
From skimming a few pages I gather there was some meeting with the judge in chambers and then the judge and court reporter went into the jury room?? Sounds like something happened with one of the jurors, maybe??
I'll try to read and catch up, but I am seriously confused. Hope this doesn't end in a mistrial!

Something that bugs me is that some of these talking heads keep saying that when Baez speaks or has witnesses on the stand there are several jurors that taken notes etc but that when Ashton speaks or has witnesses no one take any notes.

What do you all think that means? They don't find her guilty so they listen to everything Baez says? Or they do think she is guilty so they look for anything that might exonerate her?
The second.

Put me on the same list you are. It was disturbing to me.

There have been many photos of Caylee shown with angel wings,walking with Jesus etc.Again I personally loved the pic,but can understand,those that don't.Personally,I find the numerous comments about ICA's knots,hair eyebrows,etc distracting and creepy,but I tend to buzz right past them,and again that is what makes the world go round!!!

Agreed. How convenient for the Defense to have found a black man with a history of kidnapping to throw to the wolves and muddy the waters. It's an all too common tactic for Defendants and lawyers alike to stoop to such despicable actions as trying to implicate a minority.

Was it the Susan Smith case (I can't remember) where they rounded up all the black men that fit her description of the alleged black car jacker and all but forced them to submit DNA?

It was a low down, dirty tactic and this gentleman doesn't deserve to have his name associated with this case. I don't blame him one bit for retaining counsel to defend and protect his rights.
Several TH's also noted that the man had not been in trouble since that time. I hope that he is not ruined by this unethical notoriety.

I'm a newbie here. Am watching replays of the cross-examination of the defense's doctor on the stand. One thing that Dr. Spitz said was that he put duct tape on himself and he pulled off skin. He did not put duct tape on himself, then put it through a tropical storm underwater for 6 months and THEN pull it off himself. I hope the prosecution picked up on that and will mention that in front of the jury.

If someone else has mentioned that, I apologize for repeating. I had to get it off my chest and haven't had a chance to read anything yet.
Good observation. :welcome5:

Is there any news on TV today saying why court was let out this morning? Just wondering if anyone heard anything new!

You have to,or be upset every time you watch this stuff.
On Sat night I happened across the J Pirro show.She had a blonde lady answering questions (?what her title was ) when they started talking about who could be Caylee's father. She started off by saying that ICA had lied to JGrund for 2 years, that he was the father and then DNA tests showed him otherwise.
Two years? I think WS membership should be a pre-requisite for all these TH folks, they have no clue, but get paid to make factual errors.

It's too bad Kimster couldn't blast them with her ray gun when they made outlandish comments.

What happened in court today? I was not home from early this morning until just a little bit ago... in the hospital getting a procedure. Still a little woozy so forgive any mishaps, but I am confused why the dismissal so early this morning.
From skimming a few pages I gather there was some meeting with the judge in chambers and then the judge and court reporter went into the jury room?? Sounds like something happened with one of the jurors, maybe??
I'll try to read and catch up, but I am seriously confused. Hope this doesn't end in a mistrial!

Hope you are feeling well soon. JB got up in court this morning and said there was a problem with depositions (not all done), then he blamed the state, then he said his next witness was 'on the way' then he said he had to 'pick them up' then the court gave a dressing down - worth watching - then court was in recess till 10 30 AM, then JB had NO witnesses for the day so the Judge recessed for the entire day.

Lawyers in court at 8 30 AM tomorrow morning for court at 9AM - be sure to watch JB with the Judge this am.

Sure I missed things other posters will fill in. :banghead:

I think they are trying to keep track of all of the defense theories. I thought the state's case was fairly straight forward, but the defense is all over the place. Let's try to poke a hole here, let's try to poke a hole there.

I think they take notes to compare what JA says and then what JB is saying. They know there are differences and they want to make sure they note it. I would do the same thing. Kind of like the T-line with one side being state and the other being defense. Then they can come back and compare. Did that make any sense to anyone? lol

I hope I'm not making light of a serious situation, but could I have just a little bit of that "woozy" you have? Sure would appreciate it after Saturday and this morning!

Now everyone on the 'panel' for Shep Smith, including Judge Napolitano, is saying the Judge is OBVIOUSLY pro-prosecution and is bending over backwards for the State. Think I'll just turn the channel.

I dearly love Shepard Smith but I had to quit him...keep hoping I will one day turn to another channel and find him elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot