2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think HHJP was trying to warn Mr. Baez that he is entering dangerous ground and he should not go there - he ended by saying some things are better left unsaid or left alone and he was looking directly at Mr. Baez.
I gather he was trying to shift blame and it was about to be dumped on the Defence Team for something else they failed to do.

I'm think maybe JB trying to bring up testing the SA should have done (in his opinion, of course) and maybe it open the door to something JB did along the lines of testing/not testing. Make any sense to anyone? I'm kind of baffled.

another pix

Attachments

• reading sanctions re Eickelenbloom test7.jpg
    reading sanctions re Eickelenbloom test7.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 61
  • waiting for jury after lunch7.jpg
    waiting for jury after lunch7.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 68
So if the defense has no responsibility of showing the burden of proof, we may never find out how they came up with the drowning theory? In fact, we may never hear anything about the drowing theory ever again?

What the judge means is that instead of merely casting doubt on the state's theory, the defense brought in several concrete theories. It is now the defense's burden to prove those theories, as opposed to just disproving the state's.

the state wasn't going to take on dna burden because there was none.. other than for the identification purposes of caylee's body...

but now.... Baez is taking on the burden! and there STILL isn't any dna evidence other than the fbi lady that contaminated the tape!!!! he should have saved this argument and issue for his appeal..

but too late now....

moo

gabetrav Gabe Travers
Ashton joked...I hope nothing ever happens to you....like that. (with the spectator)
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Gabe Travers
gabetrav Gabe Travers
Spectator just told Ashton how much she likes his ties. Also told him if something ever happens to her...she'd want him prosecuting.

sigh... lucky spectator. swoooooon

lol!

Okay so I need some help here because somewhere along the line I've lost the plot. Mr. E. is here to testify about touch DNA but he didn't actually do any DNA testing? He just looked at the DNA evidence or not or what? Why have we just wasted three hours of our day?

I convinced Baez isn't worried at all about being disbarred. He will make his millions from a book. Even people who can't stand him will buy it. He'll get tons of money from appearances and may get his own show. Unfortunately, the damage he had done to the integrity of the legal process is getting worse by the day. He is well on his way to making sure the state doesn't have it's fair trial.

Someone posted a pic of her and her new look. Maybe they'll post it again?

So if the defense has no responsibility of showing the burden of proof, we may never find out how they came up with the drowning theory? In fact, we may never hear anything about the drowing theory ever again?

That would not sit well with the Jury imo. JB would have been much better off to not have given an OS at the beginning.

Court is going to 5:30 today, did I hear that right?

Does DT have to tell the court in advance if they are putting Casey on the stand? Wasn't there a comment this morning from SA about her being cross examined? Sounds like they think she might.

I do hope we get past JB's expert wits soon. He certainly hasn't done a thing to prove the theory of the sex abuse/drowning beyond suggesting the body was moved and everything about the duct tape.

hahaha I “liked” Jose Baez’ Big White Coloring Book on facebook and they just added funny big white book drawings

reading the Twitters just now - looks like Det. Melich in the house!!!

Still haven't gotten an answer to this: If a witnesses testimony is impeached, what does that mean? Are they no longer an expert? Is the jury supposed to ignore what they said? I'm not sure what the purpose of "impeaching" is.

I convinced Baez isn't worried at all about being disbarred. He will make his millions from a book. Even people who can't stand him will buy it. He'll get tons of money from appearances and may get his own show. Unfortunately, the damage he had done to the integrity of the legal process is getting worse by the day. He is well on his way to making sure the state doesn't have it's fair trial.

Even if JB get a few cool million from a book - he will blow it!!

What do you think specifically they should do differently? I'm a little worried she'll only get manslaughter.

I think they've painted themselves into a corner and they are SCREWED.

I think their biggest mistake was not claiming it was an accident and she freaked out & panicked. But Casey refused to accept any responsibility Jose made all sorts of claims and promises in opening statements.

Now they should pretend Jose never made that opening statement, go with claiming the prosecution has no evidence and hope the jurors listen to the judge when he instructs them opening statements are not evidence.

Okay so I need some help here because somewhere along the line I've lost the plot. Mr. E. is here to testify about touch DNA but he didn't actually do any DNA testing? He just looked at the DNA evidence or not or what? Why have we just wasted three hours of our day?
He is practicing to become a magician. So far he has mastered how to make a day disappear.

I think he did touch dna testing on the shorts and laundry bag(?) but found nothing. I think JB is trying to use the lack of dna to lead the jury to believe that the SA did do it's job in not testing the tape. Or something like that. Pffft, OTOH who knows at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela