2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In August we were looking for a live child.

Generally, to impeach a witness is to undermine the source of information as opposed to undermining the content of the testimony. The concept is pretty simple really.

The cool thing about impeaching a witness is that it’s a tactic that we’ve been using since we were little kids to win arguments. When someone accused you of doing something on the playground, you probably figured out the fastest way to defend your innocence was to attack the source of the accusation.

Example:

Billy: I saw Johnny leave Ms. Johnson a love letter!

Jimmy: No you didn’t four-eyes, you can’t even see two feet in front of your face. How would you even know?

I am really asking if there is a penalty for the witness or something....or is the jury just told not to acknowledge the answer because the witness impeached himself?

LOLOLOL! Love the look YM gives JB with his brows furrowed like he's not speaking English!

Uhhhhhhhh, not sure I think he should say they were still looking for a live Caylee - he did testify about the smell of decomposition in her car.

Trying to imply that YM did not consider the chloroform important.

3:43

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF YURI MELICH BY JB

Lead detective in this case. He's executed several search warrants. The first in August. He didn't recall finding any papers, containers, rags, receipts, chemistry kits relative to chloroform at that time. The second search warrant in December. He didn't find anything related to chloroform at that time either.

He was shown the search warrant of December 11 and agreed they looked for those items at that time. He was then shown the third search warrant from December 20. That one did not have anything to do with chloroform because they had searched for it on December 11. If they had come across something, they would have stopped and gotten an addendum to the search warrant.

They did not find anything relative to chloroform at any time in the A's house.

CROSS EXAMNATION BY LDB

On August 8 when they did their first result, they did not have any results from Oakridge Labs about high levels in the trunk. They earned that at the end of August 2008 and ICA was out of jail at that time.

No further questions.

REDIRECT EXAMINATION BY JB

He can get a search warrant at any time he believes one is necessary. He received the preliminary results from Oakridge in late August and then got the computer results shortly thereafter. The next search warrant would have been December 11. This was significant, but he did not use this one item to get a search warrant.

Both searches found not chloroform.

Also, in August, they were still looking for a live child - even though there were the results from the trunk.

ICA was re-arrested on October 14 because they were no longer looking for a live child.

Witness excused.

If I were still a child I would want to grow up and be just like LINDA! You go girl.

Melilch says first search didn't include anything w chloroform. At time they were looking for an alive child. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 2:52 PM

YM - w/JB
executed several search warrants in A home first one in August...find any papers deal with chloroform...don't recall finding any papers on it...no print outs....no containers contain chloroform no rags with chloroform nor products used to make ...no receipts of purchases...no chemistry kits....a second search warrant on 12/11/08 - no receipts of purchases/no containers/no rags or rags/chemistry kits or been used to create chloroform nor any other items ....looking for that? Thwarting Wm drops a sheet of paper on the podium to JB...show copy of warrant that assist you? yes please...search warrant of 12/11/08 ....look for any of these items in the search warrant - yes....3rd one done on 12/20/08 approach with copy....YM looks confused ...says I believe this is 12/11 but 12/20 behind the staple....he reivews document....search warrant on 12/20 again look for chlroform items...no search warrant scope didn't have it listed...reason - already conducted a search on 12/11....didn't include it in 12/20 search warrant...if come across chemistry kit you would have stopped...yes done it legally and got a search warrant...

LDB - cross -

YM on 8/8/08 - search warrant done @ A residence didn't have any info from lab regarding high levels of chloroform - end of Aug beginning of Sept....@ time KC was out of jail and living home...out of jail 8/22 to 10/14/08....yes

redirect those issues -someone out of bail - doesn't preclude you from getting a search warrant as long as probably cause as an investigator I believe necessary...got prelim report in late Aug...computer results shortly thereafter...how soon went in to get another search warrant next one was 12/11/08 - waited from Aug to Dec.....didn't think that evidence was significant enough? not for the search warrant for teh house but it was significant....also may I address previous question....in aug we were still looking for a live child.....when kc first arrested day after? 7/16/08....on 10/14/08 she was arrested again for more serious charges - on 10/14 you charged her with murder - so Oct 14 - Dec 11 didn't go in for another search warrant.

YM excused for today

dT call next witness

This is BRILLIANT! I was waiting for this and it comes out during the defense's case!!
They searched for chloroform only after finding that high levels were detected in the trunk and by then, casey had been out on bail and able to hide whatever she needed to. JB just opens it up for the state, every time.

And Baez acts all snide, thinking he is hitting a home run, when he is just stepping in dog doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313