2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I unable to secure a live feed or sound today so I'm relying on your updates... I would LOVE to see/hear this happen:

JB: No further questions, your Honor.
HHJB: State cross (or redirect)?
JA: No your Honor, evidently the Defense decided to speed things up for us this afternoon and did that for the State...

(JA to LDB): We are so taking this guy out for drinks tonight, first round is on me.

JB w/

triple sorbent trap little ....activated...soaks up stuff from the air into this sponge...heating it up ...drives materials into GCMS - pass alot of air across to allow constiuants to attach....a lot of water vapor in air must remove off.....other way ...heated chemicals come off spongue vaporize and liquid nitrogen freezes them...what happens a little water will get into that stainless steel loop - very small ice crystals = remove water after heat slightly...why noted...in qualitative ....the notes were not needed...does not mean the qualitative sample was not a good sample...in ice water...see water condensing on outside of water...even if you pour water out of glass - not all water immediatly gone...takes time for chemicals to vapor off....this is way we have been running samples over the years....you have another chemist check your work...SA # 122 announced in record...is Dr. Vass a chemist...he has many years analytical chemistry experience and extensive experience and triple sorbent traps...it is not his title chemist but if you consider his on job training....did you get training on job or go to school and get a PhD...I am able to perform in other areas exactly my Phd...last class Dr. Vass had was in 1980s - he has extensive experience trouble shoot, design, two of you close? we are very close....anything negative to say about Dr. Vass? he is very talented and very intelligent...another chemist verify your results? no

on pg 117 trap froze up - @ 1 min 56 sec....when trap freezes remove ...warm it just enough for water to melt and re-establish flow.....

triple sorbent trap from trash found....show documents...refer to pg. 76 where SA # 116 the sample froze up again correct...object -

#116 relates to air sample from air passenger of car.....correct....this it? yep...on pg 79 say system blank appear to be clean...for the standards... correct

pg 82 - you decide to abort this run...(object- sustain) any issues run into describe you are doing and what you had...run blank on system and I started run and noticed I didn't reset computer....caught yourself in mid error - because you are not a research lab....this was not run according to number and letter of the lab....

JB looks thru reoprt - pg 86 - another asterisk - caught yourself in another error (object- sustain)
were you working with standards.....JA is this sample 116 again - no this is

it does appear to be ...again no protocols to prevent errors...we did not run these according to protocols in a lab...Did Dr Vass catch mistake or did you? I did... pg 87 did you find another/ he reads...that was a continuation of the prior...oh ok...change something in mid process? running a standard of a compound - it smells really bad- changed way it injected keep it from smell up the lab...because no protocols...have to change procedure...I changed voluntarily to keep it from smell up lab - does not change GCMS of that sample...on pg 89 expected to see something in standard - same standard - doesn't smellgood sticky...not come thru GCMS as it should...put in asterisks ...it was unexpected wanted to make sure it was corrected...I ran the standards...on pg 90 make adjustment didn't see certain things...same standard smell down got it quickly as possible to get into GCMS - not adjustments that would make any difference in GCMS - I made adjustments to get the sample to run...didn't see where you expected to see it? would not go thru material due to heavy sticky material - yes...

was there issue (pg 93) mess up this round? yes closed valve - catch yourself in an error there....involve retential time standard - same one...pge 94 continue to have problems...yes anytime during process when instruments broke down...don't recall....possible you have issues with your GCMS (object -sustain) are you aware GCMS broke down while obtaining....object overrule...it didnot break down ....based on prior ...no quality control methods to prevent this from happening object lead X2 sustained ...do you have quality control sample to look @ same for authentic standards injected...you are quality control object sustain -can we approach No - primary method of determining is functioning....no one else but you and Dr. vass - Dr. Vass is very qualfied not his written title of chemist.

direct attn to work on a case where issued standard protocols for collection of volitile soils samples for collection - approach witness? you may...

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, I'm popping in and out...

is Dr. Vass a chemist?

:crazy:

Baez is going about this questioning as if he is questioning a States witness. That's just crazy, why would he do that?

Is this witness on the stand to tell the world that "Dr Vass is not a chemist?"

JA is objecting because he is supposed to when Jose leads on his direct (not allowed, only on cross); when the question is compound or vague, when there is hearsay, asked and answered, etc....These are procedural and don't necessarily mean JB is getting the best of them, just that JB's trial skills are lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles