2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is the same shawl/sweater/ she was wrapping around herself like a blanket recently.

*This amazing garment can be a sweater! A shawl! A pashmina! A blanket! A wrap! A shrug! A bolero jacket! There is no end to the ways you can wear the Miracle Fashion Shawl! Woven of 100% rayon/acrylic blend! Keep one in your closet and one in your car! Instructional DVD included. Just $19.99 plus shipping. But wait----call now and receive TWO for $19.99 plus shipping.*

Sorry. Don't spank me. :innocent:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I nominate this as post of the DAY!!! (i know off topic, but that was too funny to ignore for me)

twitter
Dear Baez: Caylee's body was in the woods rotting and being eaten by animals and was under water for some time, hence no DNA.

JB just said, the duct tape would have been applied "forcefully".

:eek:

Can someone with a better memory than me clarify something. When I went through Casey's letters to Robin (?) in jail, I remember her mentioning April Whalen in one of them...am I just imagining things? I don't feel like going through them all again...

-----

Sorry, you asked this in the sidebar thread, the part about passing notes starts on page 29 of the sister's statement but April's name isn't mentioned.

Can't help you right now, her letters were like listening to JB cross examine witnesses....but, when court is over today, I'll help you look! One favor, please.....IF you find it or remember, send me a PM so I don't have to go through those letters again.....that would be torture!! lol

Not again... you could hold that duct tape up to the light and see through it. There would be no DNA left. :banghead:

Ok, so which is it? The tape was applied to the face, or it wasn't. Pick something DT.

JA is going to absolutely shred this witness! I mean we are talking about duct tape that was under water for 6 months for cryin' out loud! There isn't going to be any DNA and I don't care how great of an expert you are...there isn't going to be any DNA!

I hope Baez remembers that he has 4 witnesses waiting to testify. Please don't let the dna dude be on the stand for the entire day.

I feel sorry for this witness. Does he even know that the skull in this case was skeletonized, and the tape wasn't attached to the skull? Much less any soft tissue?

DNA could break down in bad conditions. YAY!
But you could still possibly find some. BOO

BAEZ JUST MESSED UP.

If you put it on a persons face and that person died....

WHAT NOW JOSE!

Have you formed an opinion that has not been barred because of my complete inability to play by the rules?

What you didn't understand that?

Do you have any opinions that I am allowed to use? Any at all....true or made up right here on the fly? Anything that can help Ms. Anthony?

geeez....FACT Dr. considering the child in this case no longer HAD a face when the duct tape & skull were discovered

Wondering how much $$$ this witness is being paid, being that both he and his wife traveled from how far? The Netherlands?

Dr. Eikelenboom w/JB - visual presentation re: touch dna....shows how finger touch top layers do not usually contain dna in nucleus....Epithelial cells often skin cells - difficult to detect these cells - alternate light source - wear orange goggles body fluids fluroesce...semen, blood, urine, but sweat from hands problem - sweat or warm outside...sweat from face or forehead - if does touch it once don't see it....also strive to see if we can see sweat from ALS - not detecting skin cells but trying to find sweat...sweat or could also be skin cells...lots times we don't find that ....working hypothesis...look @ where force applied...ie: rape case where shirt torn apart - where force applied on shirt - possible skin cells there must do the test to find....second problem...blood, saliva and semen in skin cells it is different - per lab 50% would be a high score if in lab........

how go about -

end up develop working hypothesis by looking @ scenario and type of contact....type of contact ....3 types of contacts - wear clothing ....rips in crime scenes and crimes...
wearing clothing rub against skin for a long time....could give profiles -highest chance of obtain profile....if suspect known to ...or in cases where find dna....forcible contact ie: strangle someone, grab them hard, apply force....top layer of skin cells down to cells that contain dna....slight touch ie: doorbell worse type of getting dna profile....some people shed more often than others....some people donate a good sample call a good shedder....sometimes we don't get enough dna cells to obtain a profile....very rough object with force go thru top layer of skin cells and grab material that contain dna....sticky material...ie: tape remove from clothing better than a smooth object.....

JB wants to tie into this case....a piece of duct tape....if a person cuts a piece of duct tape - sticky side and other side with other finger....if rip with bare hands....more than a slight touch....ever recover dna from duct tape? correct....sometimes get dna from non-sticky side? different types of sampling - duct tape if you know location where it was torn off possible - you can see tape is stretched...take sample obtain dna profile.....which side most prone to obtain profile....sticky side together with force applied....duct tape is known very strong adhesive....

sticky side of duct tape apply to someone face what would you expect to find? (object- overrule) robberies duct tape were ? for dna....what kinds of cells for face or mouth what kind of cell material gets on tape? lips, around mouth, epiththelial cells and buccal cells come from mouth area due to good to get dna material....
duct tape applied to this child's face - applied forcefully and sticky....opinion as to whether dna could have been collected (object- overrule)
yeah - tape put on mouth - was removed...about the face very likelyto get a dna profile....object- he respond tearing it off which is not a fact in this case....rephrase..

duct tape laced over person face and mouth - person placed in elements outdoors - expect to find dna? on the face would expect quite a lot of dna...circumstances in bad conditions dna can break down....with pcr techniques - could expect to find dna....

go to that portion of your presentation why you have that opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop