2011.06.23 Cindy's Testimony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CA gets an email about a possible hazard to children from hand sanitizers, and does web searches about it, and its ingredients. Worried about possible items they had in the home that could be dangerous. OK, fine. But not once in over 2 years asked for the name, address and phone number of the person she spent most of her days, and some nights with... Gimme a freakin' break.

CA meds: IIRC and it should be archived here somewhere, when LE searched the Anthony home it was revealed that CA was on an antidepressant. The name of which should be located in one or more of the threads. I would imagine that is the med they changed. all JMHO.

I'll be honest, when CA first mentioned the "Hand Sanitizer" story I thought "Wow she's gooooood" because I remembered that same chain email that was getting passed around! I looked it up on Snopes to see when it was going around, and it appears that it first started making its rounds in January 2007 then again in May 2007. Maybe CA just has her years mixed up ;)
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/sanitizer.asp

Above BBM

I agree, I wasn't buying what she was selling that day so I just kept my mouth shut (and my fingers away from the keyboard). All I thought that day (as well as today) is that she is thinking of the hoped for movie and/or book deal. I see CA being as sick as KC after today. And to me it is more plausible than ever before, that CA helped to create KC. She wasn't just born "off". If you watch that footage of CA on the stand today, you can see her actually enjoy being deceitful. I want LDB to bury her.

moo

BBM.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

CA is back on fire ... on the warpath ... her defiance has returned!

Cindy lies just like her daughter. They both give a little too much info. Both lie really well. It's scary to me.

Ah, Cindy was praised by almost everyone for her previous testimonies. Guess why, because it strengthened state's case. It's funny that during those testimonies she was treated with respect by SA and without respect by DT.

Today Cindy is the liar of the day. Guess why. :) Oh also SA and DT switched the way the treated Cindy today.

Cindy was not flat out lying when she stregthened the states case. I have no problem with any evidence that shows Casey's innocence but I will not be "ok" with lies. There is enough computer data during that time showing the switch to photobucket, myspace, ect to show she is not being truthful. This is the same Cindy who went from saying the car smelled like a dead body to it being rotten pizza when JA already proved there was no food in the car.

Keep in mind, if the jury see through these lies it will harm Casey's case more than help it. They will be on alert that the chloroform searches WERE important to the case..so much so Casey's mom was willing to lie to cover it. Remember the jury knows Cindy has been in the courtroom daily and knows how the case is going what what is testified to. They will put 2 and 2 together and see this as a monther's attempt to give misleading testimony.

I hope Cindy knows that because of her, her grand daughter is probably dead. She taught her daughter well to be a liar and how to lie big. Probably taught her all she knows about being a sociopath. I think its very sad. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Baez is right about that. They are 2 of a kind.

She has the nerve to wear a picture of Caylee all the while she protects her murderer.

ca.jpg

Not asking a question you don't know the answer to is quite different from not caring what a witnesses' answer will be. Witnesses change their answers or lie all the time. You know that. So no one can know what they will say. Knowing the truth, or what the real answer to the question is, is what is important.

And we know what those answers are. We know, because they went through it in testimony, everything that was searched around the time chloroform was searched. Bamboo was not searched. Dogs were not searched.

I have been trained not to care what the witness says in cross. I view cross examination as my statement of the facts punctuated by their yeses and nos. I control cross tightly and never ask an open ended question. It doesn't matter what the witnesses' answer is. The judge (or in this case the jury) here's what I want them to hear, based on my tone, the phrasing of my questions and the pattern of my cross.

Totally off subject of Cindy, but pertaining to your last paragraph...

I had a deposition recently and the guy would ask me questions but not listen to my answers. But he couldn't have known what I was going to say either because it was questions about my past. It drove me insane!

But I swear to Gawd, he could have been Baez's brother. Even the court reporter would snicker at his stupidity.

It only takes one search.... Good to see you back.

Thanks :seeya: I agree, it seems too much of a coincidence that how to make chloroform was searched, even once, and then traces of chloroform were found in the trunk. But then, maybe there are traces of chloroform in my car trunk for some reason, and I don't know about it. Heck, maybe a large percentage of cars in the us have traces of chloroform in the trunk and no one has ever bothered to test. It's like when you're talking about someone, saying you haven't spoken to them in like forever, and suddenly the phone rings and it's that person. You didn't cause them to call by mentioning their name...but there they are on the phone anyway. Maybe Casey didn't use or manufacture chloroform, yet there it is in her trunk anyway. If not for the computer search, no one would have looked for it.

I have gone in just a few days from being certain that Casey used chloroform to wondering if she even searched for it. Why? Because the DA gave me false info.

Not asking a question you don't know the answer to is quite different from not caring what a witnesses' answer will be. Witnesses change their answers or lie all the time. You know that. So no one can know what they will say. Knowing the truth, or what the real answer to the question is, is what is important.

And we know what those answers are. We know, because they went through it in testimony, everything that was searched around the time chloroform was searched. Bamboo was not searched. Dogs were not searched.

I have been trained not to care what the witness says in cross. I view cross examination as my statement of the facts punctuated by their yeses and nos. I control cross tightly and never ask an open ended question. It doesn't matter what the witnesses' answer is. The judge (or in this case the jury) here's what I want them to hear, based on my tone, the phrasing of my questions and the pattern of my cross.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. Just have to add that every lawyer tries to control cross tightly--but sometimes you have a witness like Cindy--that fights that tooth and nail--just as we saw she did today while LDB tried to control the cross--have her answer simple yes and no, etc. CA wasn't going to let that happen no matter what--and she didn't.

HaHa They are saying this now of J Velez. They must be reading my messages here!

QUOTE=kathyn2;6746734]I hope Cindy knows that because of her, her grand daughter is probably dead. She taught her daughter well to be a liar and how to lie big. Probably taught her all she knows about being a sociopath. I think its very sad. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Baez is right about that. They are 2 of a kind.[/QUOTE]

interestingly, march 17th is st. Patrick's day. Could be a day that would stand out in the mind of a cindy co-worker.

Regarding the computer searches: Where the prosecuters are going to trip cindy up on those searches is the browser they were made on. Remember, all of the suspicious searches were made on a firefox browser that was set up under a totally separate user account on the desktop computer. And these files were then deleted at around 4:00am when yuri melich had just interviewed casey at the home.

Iirc the computer forensics showed that neither george nor cindy ever used the firefox browser. Their usage was on internet explorer, located within a totally different user account.

This is why cindy was asked today about when she got onto the desktop what did she have to do to use the internet? Her answer was that it was "just always on".

Cindy obviously doesn't know much about how computers are set up, doesn't know much about multiple users and multiple browsers.

Casey knew a little more. She went ahead and set up her own user account on the hard drive, probably password protected it. She then downloaded the firefox browser into that user account. That way, no snoopy mom or dad could click onto "history" and see where she had been browsing.

Oh, and if there's an it guy on the jury - he already knows this.

This.

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. What I meant to ask is if you learned, in other words if it was proven to you, that there was only one search and not 84, what would you think?

I would have to look at the other evidence. Chloroform in the car. There is no reason why there would be high levels in a trunk of the car. I don't believe it was caused by trash or cleaning products.

"If my supervisor filled out my timecard in my absence, ..."

"If I worked 4 hours when day I marked down 8."

"My normal day was a 9 hour day...."

I am thinking the above is a bunch of baloney.

I wondered about that. I get that employers don't have to pay OT on exempt employees, or track their time at all. It gets interesting when she said her employer required her to record hours she wasn't there.

If there's no interest in accuracy or some correlation to when an employee is or isn't there...why bother recording time at all? Being a suspicious person, my mind went immediately to billing.

Gentiva just recently paid $12.5 mil for Medicare fraud related to improper billing practices, so I don't think it's coincidental that she's saying this. It would be a way to explain why she's now saying she was at home - and be able to say her employer made her lie about being at work when she wasn't.

Personal responsibility wasn't a phrase used in that household often, was it?

I heard her say GA and Lee.

Yep, she did include George as a driver when LA had the car and also when ICA had the car...I said this earlier but I'm assuming everyone was so mad and missed it. She also included ICA's friends in "using the computer"...it better be a big bus!

Thanks :seeya: I agree, it seems too much of a coincidence that how to make chloroform was searched, even once, and then traces of chloroform were found in the trunk. But then, maybe there are traces of chloroform in my car trunk for some reason, and I don't know about it. Heck, maybe a large percentage of cars in the us have traces of chloroform in the trunk and no one has ever bothered to test. It's like when you're talking about someone, saying you haven't spoken to them in like forever, and suddenly the phone rings and it's that person. You didn't cause them to call by mentioning their name...but there they are on the phone anyway. Maybe Casey didn't use or manufacture chloroform, yet there it is in her trunk anyway. If not for the computer search, no one would have looked for it.

I have gone in just a few days from being certain that Casey used chloroform to wondering if she even searched for it. Why? Because the DA gave me false info.
But it wasn't just traces of chloroform, chilly. Chloroform was present in parts per TRILLION. It is measured in parts per million. So the amount was huge. Dr. Vass said it was the highest spike he'd ever seen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyimagine
Back