2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have every confidence the door will be opened...just put Baez back up to question the witness....mack truck will roll. :floorlaugh:

Curative instructions - what could they say?? Ignore JA's dramatic-ness? Now he can ask the questions? This is quite ridiculous how long it will take the DT to get through their CIC if they have to stop and get a law school lesson every day.

proffer time....dust hasn’t settled yet.

I don't care about the objection being sustained, the jury got the picture and you can't unring a bell. Baez does it all the time---asking a question he knows he shouldn't ask clearly to send a message to the jury.

IMO

IMO, I'm surprised that HHJP allowed JA to approach the witness with the cans in the dramatic manner in which he did.

As far as I'm concerned, JA's manner toward the witness was NOT okay, regardless of any reason why he did so.

Following JA's actions, it was very difficult for me to continue to follow the subsequent court proceedings, since I was so taken aback by what I perceived to be a violent action toward a witness on the part of the prosecutor.

I have to wonder how the jurors may have responded, as well.

ETA: This is not the first time that JA has lost his temper in the courtroom. This is not a professional demeanor. I'm personally surprised that anyone could cheer his behavior, especially considering that JA is prosecuting a murder case.

Ashton is now questioning Dr. Logan to find out if he could reproduce the test
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 1:19 PM

The good thing about the State is that they ask the Judge what they can or cannot ask. JB just asks what he wants, and then even when he is told what he CANNOT ask, he continues to ask them anyway! JB has snuck so many ideas into the jurors heads with this tactic., IMO< MOO,

Even when HHJP rules in the DT's favor, it is a good thing. ICA will still be found guilty and HHJP's ruling is making sure she has a fair trial and that any verdict won't be overturned on appeal. So even though it is for the DT in the present, it is better in the long run.

Ok really really dumb question i'm sure, but what is the point of asking the witness questions when the jury is not in the room? Do they go back and read the transcript or something? It really confuses me.

uh...I would have to review the article.....JA is one shrewd puppy. I wish the jury had heard that.

ICA's dichotomous look at Jeff A. always appears as Hate/Admiration!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90