2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole A family has serious mental health issues. That's what caused their dysfunction. And it's also why I can't hate them the way most people do.

They need professional help. They should have gotten it a loooong time ago, but like many other families, they didn't, until it was too late.

This case is part of the reason I sought early intervention for my DD's mental health problems.

JMO

Most counseling practices require that their therapists receive regular therapy themselves, understanding how easy it is to allow something small to snowball.

I'm not sure people understand what it's like having a child that's going off the rails until they end up dealing with it themselves. It's such a struggle and can really cause the family to break around them.

I really believe that Lee's crying and emotions have to do with regret. Being a brother, he has to be thinking why...why didn't I do this, why didn't I do that, why didn't I tell my mom Casey's lying all those years. Siblings know so much more than parents. He seems like the saving type too, might be thinking if I had addressed my Mom and Dad's parenting maybe Casey would have turned out "normal". I think it's all regret and some blame that he could have done some things differently and his niece would be alive today.

Totally agree with you. Lee's regret lies with Caylee. Caylee is no longer here, I bet there is plenty Lee regrets.

Vinnie Politan tweets: Lee Anthony alone eating a sub at Jimmy Johns

That breaks my heart. Further shunned because he didn't play, not yet anyway. I am getting on my knees and praying for Lee Anthony to have comfort, peace and strength.

You mean the guy who directed the investigation of the kidnapping of Caylee who appointed each person to their roles was a non-entity of the family?

The guy who took over the whole family when the most horrible of horribles happened.

The guy who told everyone to refuse LDT.

This guy is acting and I would not doubt for a minute he is still directing.

OMG My feelings exactly. So well said!!!!!!

My understanding is that the jurors know of the 7 charges but they do not know what these charges consist of?
Do they decide if ICA is guilty of those charges or does HHJBP?
They know of at least one because Cindy blurted it out. lol

I agree. She will not be acquitted and will found guilty of murder but not get the death penalty, imo.

Thankfully the State gets the last word and gets to tie all this up for the jurors. They will remind the jurors that yes there are problems in the family BUT ICA committed murder and she needs to be accountable and ask them to find her guilty.

I started crying when the attorney's went to sidebar, after JA's objection as to the reason why Lee was upset and angry.

I have not taken a look yet what others here have said, but to me, Lee was in agony.

When the camera panned to his parents, I could not understand why they were not crying? I don't understand?

I've never met Lee; I'm a complete stranger and his crying upset me so much.

And why the strong emotional reaction from the defendant in relation to her brother's pain? Would an alleged sociopath have this kind of reaction?

After sidebar Lee explained that he felt left out. I have a brother too. He'd feel the same way. My brother (and one of my best friends), came to the hospital every day to visit; when my child was born.

I guess what I'm attempting to convey is that something is so very wrong with this family. Even though there are many threads about this very issue; I'm still unable to understand.

I think that the only part of Baez's OS that had any truth were his statements about this family. Even though OS's are not evidence I think that the jury is going to be as puzzled as I am regarding the dynamics of this family. Will it have any effect on their decision? I hope not.

After Lee stated that he was angry at mom and at Casey, the camera went to George and Cindy. Cindy mouthed something as if she was responding something to George or to herself and then ducked her head down. I need to see that footage again. I'm sure Cindy will deny that Lee's version of events is what happened. I think the breakdown thing has to do with anger and even hatred toward Cindy. JMO

so the SA can only question him on the car, and ICA's pregnancy...correct??

listening on in session right now...i'm pretty sure due to HIPAA regulations...her company would have those emails. it has nothing to do with "space limitations"

I agree, and it seems like a ridiculous claim on CA's part to claim to know how the IT department would manage its resources. Most companies nowadays back up EVERYTHING. It might not be readily accessible, but you can bet it's on a tape backup drive somewhere.

Lee in tears failed to move GA or CA. The camera showed them sitting stone faced.

Children die by accident every day in this country. Rarely are charges brought against a caregiver. Only if it can be shown in a court of law that the caregiver was negligent or depraved indifference and even then the sentences usually are no where near what a murder 1 conviction will get you.

JMHO

Weren't the Anthony's given some type of immunity quite some time ago . I can't remember.
Just wondering.

Just took a short break from this stuff. I'm afraid we keep getting caught up in the Defense smoke and mirrors, song and dance, red herring and distract-them-from-the-evidence crap. Because that's all this is.

The family thought Casey was pregnant or not pregnant?
Caylee shorts were in the Anthony home every day?
Lee upset that he wasn't included and didn't see Casey in hospital?
Cindy searched for chloroform and chlorophyl BUT NOT 84 TIMES?
Cindy remembers being at home when records show she was at work.
Cindy remembers a youtube popup 3 years ago about a skate boarder's 'neck breaking feat'.

Doesn't matter. They can't get away from the 31 days, the 84 searches and "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

Now I'm gonna take a longer break.

ITA, fifteen. The jurors are going to have to decide IF ICA committed first-degree murder, not WHY she did it. The defense is using Lee as a mitigation witness during the penalty phase, IMO. And it makes me want to :sick:.

Interesting pause before LA said no, there were no other reasons he was upset when Caylee was born. While I really want the SA to ask him if he molested ICA, I know they won't want to open that door.

The one thing that I did like is the the prosecution/LDB made sure that she made issue over the time card and if it was in fact CORRECT the day she spoke of the pool to her co workers. I do believe that scored a few points toward the time card issue and shows that the time card appears to be correct all times expect when it is benificial to Casey and covering up for her.

I think she is setting it up for the call to GA about the ladder NOT being on the 16th. She was trying to say the call was made from the house phone.

Any big company worth their salt will have offline backups/data storage. A small company or mom and pop, not so much. A big one will.

And if the State had actually investigated this case from the beginning they would have seized all that info... but I feel the SAO and LE failed miserably with this investigation... they drew a conclusion too fast, and now it's coming back to bite them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13