2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murph... are you saying you think the jury will deliberate for 2 weeks???? just wondered..

I seriously have not a clue...

I think they will be out a day and a half to two days. (jmhoo)

I think so, I think they will get the case some time mid next week, toward the end and I think the first week is going to be a lot of yapping and arguing to come up with a "charge" IF they are headed that way. The next week will be figuring out "what" charge".

I just have to add a few things (military family for 20 years)

1) JAG will make mincemeat pie of Jose if that happens

2) Dr. R signed certain things when becoming employed with the DoD which includes him not taking on side show jobs as an expert witness

3) They (dod) have every right to fire him even for going as far as he did (he started to testify...)

4) Dr. R didn't even mention this to his supervisor to get permission (which would have been denied) and they saw him on teevee so trust me... JAG most likely already is involved/consulted anyhow.

5) how will hhjp handle that: he will have the captain testify who will have JAG present and they will have all the policies in front of them... short and sweet. Everyone will go home and Dr. R may be out of a job.
:twocents:

Thanks so much for posting this. Cleared up some questions I had.

I missed everything after 4:00. Read the trial thread and was absolutely flabbergasted. I thought it was so odd when the first words out of Dr. R's mouth were "I am an unpaid consultant." So he and the DT thought that statement would cover his but with DOD. And the DT thought they could slip him in quickly and get his testimony before DOD even knew about it? Makes no sense, they were going to see him on TV. And why oh why would Dr. R put his career on the line for this DT.

Unbelievable.

I missed this part earlier...anyone care to speculate why LA reached out to JB based on a convo he heard of his parents?

Cripes. I fell asleep after Cindy's 3rd. time on the stand. Mike Galanos from HLN kept repeating it was a monumental day for the defense. I thought it was snooze fest.
I don't see how he think it was monumental for the defense. What points did the Defense actually make? That the Anthony's sometimes lie? That Casey's pregnancy was a bit of a secret? They did nothing today.

I just have to add a few things (military family for 20 years)

1) JAG will make mincemeat pie of Jose if that happens

2) Dr. R signed certain things when becoming employed with the DoD which includes him not taking on side show jobs as an expert witness

3) They (dod) have every right to fire him even for going as far as he did (he started to testify...)

4) Dr. R didn't even mention this to his supervisor to get permission (which would have been denied) and they saw him on teevee so trust me... JAG most likely already is involved/consulted anyhow.

5) how will hhjp handle that: he will have the captain testify who will have JAG present and they will have all the policies in front of them... short and sweet. Everyone will go home and Dr. R may be out of a job.
:twocents:

good post, once again, JB is a "wontevensayitcausethemoderatewouldspankme"

2crumc3.jpg

Caption this :)

...without violating TOS. (Ynot knows that WSers love a good challenge. ;) )

I'll take that challenge and give it back to you.

CA: critique me. Is this better than what I gave to Morgan?

As someone who was molested by her father, I can tell you I would NEVER act like that.

As someone who's dated a true narcissist/sociopath, I can almost guarantee that that's what ICA is. Something DID happen somewhere in her childhood to stunt her emotional development, but I wouldn't necessarily pin it on sexual abuse.

Having the same experience as you stated....I really am sick and tired of people lumping me in the same cartegory as one like ICA...a liar....dot dot dot... and all the other categories....we are different people and react differently to trauma and molestation is never, ever an excuse to kill your baby.

I do think that ICA's enviornment exacerbated her issues...but I really think this "unique individual" was born this way.

MissDiva - this post was not directed at you...just used your post as a jumping off point and it really :maddening: me when people assume you are a liar, thief, cheater, *advertiser censored*, violent...on and on because of something you had no control over.

You know, I'm sure this has been addressed already, but after Lee's testimony today and revealing his anger about not being included in Caylee's birth. I believe now it was Caylee he was referring to when his said CMA.
Just thinkin outloud

I agree. I think they used his feelings of guilt toward Caylee to allude to the fact that "ooooo" maybe there's been some sexual abuse which makes no sense as Lee was tested for father AND was found NOT to be. Soooo... why would he be so upset at the birth and stuffs. The jury ain't gonna buy it... it IS more believable that he feels guilty for not spending more time with Caylee and angry that the 2 hens in the house (Cindy and ICA) pushed him (and George) outta everything. Defense used the feelings but I don't think it worked.

Jury will come up with a verdict by the time they eat their special desserts.

I REALLY hope this jury does not get this case Friday or Saturday.

Let it be AFTER the holiday. PLEASE.

Even aside from the fact that I have plans for the weekend... there have been too many cases of jury's who didn't want to deliberate or be sequestered over the holiday so they "compromised."

Convicted an innocent man of 1 murder instead of 2... when deliberating would have freed him.

Or convicted someone guilty of murder of manslaughter instead to avoid deliberating.

I fear if they get this case over a holiday they might "compromise" on a lesser count to avoid deliberating.

It should be a policy that there is NO deliberation over holidays. Just recess for that day/weekend and then resume court after the holiday.

Yes... it sucks... I know it's not okay that the jury would have to be sequestered for 3 days with no court or deliberating... but it's far better than an innocent person spending 17 years in prison or a guilty person spending 5 years instead of life all because a jury didn't want to miss a rather minor holiday.

For once... I hope the defense or the prosecution takes their time. :twocents:

Every night, I sit here watching videos of the trial, and there's a young man sitting right behind the the podium, and I wonder who he is. He's in the front row, behind and to the left of the guy who runs the the computer to display pictures, etc... same guy, every day, week after week.

Does anyone know who he is?

SOMETHING JUST HIT ME. We now know Cindy lies, George lies and Lee lies. So that takes air out of the DT argument that the 'reason' Casey lies is because Lee and George abused her. Actually, it seems like the whole pack of them lie. Cindy lied routinely on her time cards and said so proudly. George had affairs and Lee said he had no idea what was going on with the nursery preparation, yet we find out his room was right next door in the hall. Come on, that is a pretty small house. Are we supposed to believe he never took a peek in there, as he says?

Well so far a lot of people are thinking manslaughter which iirc is 13-30 years in Florida. I am not too concerned just yet - we still have several days of a mockery of a defense, the rebuttal and closing arguments. I think the case could still easily be made for 1st degree murder especially when premeditation is defined to the jury. It isn't necessarily about the chloroform searches months before Caylee died but could also be interpreted as the amount of time it took to rip three pieces of duct tape and apply them over Caylee's nose and mouth. In my non-legal opinion.

You know, Lee crying on the stand about how he was excluded from knowledge of the pregnancy etc etc doesn't mean squat really, other than the family values may impart a tendency to encourage someone to cover up an accident, including a pregnancy and death.

Beyond the more subtle message there, I can't help but think at least some of those jurors are going to have that feeling that there are stones left unturned that have bearing on the case. Casey totally losing it along with her brother is a powerful visual that will stick with the jurors.

Yeah, what is up with that soap opera music? Is Erica Kane involved in this?

JA did a very good job at discrediting LA, the tears were for the "totality" of the entire mess (didn't want to be there, etc). He showed Bias big time toward the DT and then LA "forgot" everything but his name during cross IMO

LKB does not know what she is talking about... did she hear the testimony about this??? The DT was the one who made the decision to let Rodriguez go because they did not want him to lose his job... JP said he would have forced him to stay even if that meant putting him in jail if the DT wanted that but they said no.
I don't think that sounds like anything to sue about.. besides, word on the street is that the DT wasn't that interested in his testimony anyway b/c he agreed with the body being in the woods 4-6 months after cross at his examination PLUS the lie about him being the co-founder of the Body Farm. He was more of a liability at that point.
In addition, the JP said that the DT said it was fine to let him go b/c they had another witness who could testify to basically the same thing.

Well so far a lot of people are thinking manslaughter which iirc is 13-30 years in Florida. I am not too concerned just yet - we still have several days of a mockery of a defense, the rebuttal and closing arguments. I think the case could still easily be made for 1st degree murder especially when premeditation is defined to the jury. It isn't necessarily about the chloroform searches months before Caylee died but could also be interpreted as the amount of time it took to rip three pieces of duct tape and apply them over Caylee's nose and mouth. In my non-legal opinion.

premeditation can be formed in an "instant"

I agree. I think they used his feelings of guilt toward Caylee to allude to the fact that "ooooo" maybe there's been some sexual abuse which makes no sense as Lee was tested for father AND was found NOT to be. Soooo... why would he be so upset at the birth and stuffs. The jury ain't gonna buy it... it IS more believable that he feels guilty for not spending more time with Caylee and angry that the 2 hens in the house (Cindy and ICA) pushed him (and George) outta everything. Defense used the feelings but I don't think it worked.

Jury will come up with a verdict by the time they eat their special desserts.

I actually think the jury will believe Lee and Casey did the <modsnip> because that crap was just weird today........however, I think it won't have an effect on their verdict.

You know, Lee crying on the stand about how he was excluded from knowledge of the pregnancy etc etc doesn't mean squat really, other than the family values may impart a tendency to encourage someone to cover up an accident, including a pregnancy and death.

Beyond the more subtle message there, I can't help but think at least some of those jurors are going to have that feeling that there are stones left unturned that have bearing on the case. Casey totally losing it along with her brother is a powerful visual that will stick with the jurors.

Yeah, what is up with that soap opera music? Is Erica Kane involved in this?

exactly and what it will say is that she cares about her brother being upset more than she cared for her child... She can't have it both ways- that she is upset at this but yet is so emotionally scarred that she can go out and party when her child dies??

SOMETHING JUST HIT ME. We now know Cindy lies, George lies and Lee lies. So that takes air out of the DT argument that the 'reason' Casey lies is because Lee and George abused her. Actually, it seems like the whole pack of them lie. Cindy lied routinely on her time cards and said so proudly. George had affairs and Lee said he had no idea what was going on with the nursery preparation, yet we find out his room was right next door in the hall. Come on, that is a pretty small house. Are we supposed to believe he never took a peek in there, as he says?

Thats exactly what DH said and asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member