2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how he think it was monumental for the defense. What points did the Defense actually make? That the Anthony's sometimes lie? That Casey's pregnancy was a bit of a secret? They did nothing today.

oh I totally agree and that's why I dozed off. If Baez brings up that wedding picture again, I'm going to go mad. Maybe that's the only defense exhibit number he remembers.

I REALLY hope this jury does not get this case Friday or Saturday.

Let it be AFTER the holiday. PLEASE.

Even aside from the fact that I have plans for the weekend... there have been too many cases of jury's who didn't want to deliberate or be sequestered over the holiday so they "compromised."

Convicted an innocent man of 1 murder instead of 2... when deliberating would have freed him.

Or convicted someone guilty of murder of manslaughter instead to avoid deliberating.

I fear if they get this case over a holiday they might "compromise" on a lesser count to avoid deliberating.

It should be a policy that there is NO deliberation over holidays. Just recess for that day/weekend and then resume court after the holiday.

Yes... it sucks... I know it's not okay that the jury would have to be sequestered for 3 days with no court or deliberating... but it's far better than an innocent person spending 17 years in prison or a guilty person spending 5 years instead of life all because a jury didn't want to miss a rather minor holiday.

For once... I hope the defense or the prosecution takes their time. :twocents:

I know of one such case very well. I was in the courtroom as the defense attorney put his hands on the defendants shoulders and said that this man deserved to go home yet today and be able to spend Memorial Weekend with his family where he belonged. Jury hot the case on Friday at 2 and had a not guilty verdict by 6, and everyone went home for the weekend.

I actually think the jury will believe Lee and Casey did the <modsnip> because that crap was just weird today........however, I think it won't have an effect on their verdict.

lol did you modsnip yourself?:floorlaugh:

premeditation can be formed in an "instant"

Ripping/cutting three pieces of duct tape.

Applying three pieces of duct tape.

The time it takes for Caylee to die with those pieces of duct tape on.

Is a lot longer than an instant.

you guys help out a nurse:

didn't Ann F say that she needed two weeks for the penalty phase and mitigation phase of the trial? I cannot exactly recall....

2crumc3.jpg

Caption this :)

CA: "See ... see ... see ... I am a far better liar than my daughter ever was".

CA: "Ooo ooo ... ooo ... I just thought of an even better embellishment (lie)".

CA: "I will take my lie and call you on that ... I am going all in".

When Judge P was talking about whether he would give the case to the jury on a Friday night and they would deliberate an hour or two, he meant before breaking for the night, which is why he thinks it better to give it to them on a Saturday morning. He didn't mean they would only need an hour or two to deliberate in total...not sure if this is the way some people took it?

This may have already been said as I can't seem to get caught up on this thread, but he also said that once they get the case, they have to all be kept separated when they are not deliberating. I guess now they can hang out, just not talk about the case.

for those of you worried about reasonable doubt. There my be "some" for a drowning now, but IF they put ICA on the stand they will nail her on questions about the length of time Cayle was out of sight, and the temp that day, (body floating or not), were her eyes open, was she wearing diapers? Why? Was GA wet, what did GA do (we have his cell phone pings and hers that day), etc, etc... why did the car smell, did you look in the trunk? JA will kill her...

In the beginning I thought for sure ICA would testify but the change in the defense strategy has me wondering now. They just don’t seem to be pursuing the sexual molestation, only alluding to it.

SOMETHING JUST HIT ME. We now know Cindy lies, George lies and Lee lies. So that takes air out of the DT argument that the 'reason' Casey lies is because Lee and George abused her. Actually, it seems like the whole pack of them lie. Cindy lied routinely on her time cards and said so proudly. George had affairs and Lee said he had no idea what was going on with the nursery preparation, yet we find out his room was right next door in the hall. Come on, that is a pretty small house. Are we supposed to believe he never took a peek in there, as he says?

I just posted something similar. IF the reason Casey lies is because she was sexually molested by George and/or Lee, who molested Lee and Cindy to make them lie so much?

What's so amusing about Casey is that she acts like their little defense team will just continue on including her in their group once the trial is over. If there are post trial filings involving the state and defense, it will have nothing to do with her. It will only involve allegations/filings between the attorneys with no consequence to her so why would she even be in court for those. IMO She Won't.

She really thinks they are her new family now. :floorlaugh:

I'm listening to the earlier part of the day of trial and they are going on and on about the shorts of Caylee in Ca's testimony. What was the importance of those shorts?

Harping on the pool pics. :maddening: Who put the ladder up? They keep leaving that part out. I got news for ya LKB the description of clothes GA gave is the same thing Casey said.

you guys help out a nurse:

didn't Ann F say that she needed two weeks for the penalty phase and mitigation phase of the trial? I cannot exactly recall....

That's what I remember. I groaned at the thought of it too.

:heartbeat:
I REALLY hope this jury does not get this case Friday or Saturday.

Let it be AFTER the holiday. PLEASE.

Even aside from the fact that I have plans for the weekend... there have been too many cases of jury's who didn't want to deliberate or be sequestered over the holiday so they "compromised."

Convicted an innocent man of 1 murder instead of 2... when deliberating would have freed him.

Or convicted someone guilty of murder of manslaughter instead to avoid deliberating.

I fear if they get this case over a holiday they might "compromise" on a lesser count to avoid deliberating.

It should be a policy that there is NO deliberation over holidays. Just recess for that day/weekend and then resume court after the holiday.

Yes... it sucks... I know it's not okay that the jury would have to be sequestered for 3 days with no court or deliberating... but it's far better than an innocent person spending 17 years in prison or a guilty person spending 5 years instead of life all because a jury didn't want to miss a rather minor holiday.

For once... I hope the defense or the prosecution takes their time. :twocents:

You have a very good point.

Either way I return to work Monday and will only have WS to keep me informed with the truth. I will so miss all of you and watching the trial on a daily basis.
I will also miss breakfast, lunch & tequila! I am sooooo bummed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans