2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the main point I was trying to stress was that GA wouldn't have possession of the body after decomposition. I know I don't always communicate my thoughts clearly.

I know what you were trying to stress and I agree.The whole thing is just stupid and makes absolutely no sense. Unfortunately, they could say that, since it was GA who had possession of the body initially, no one can know for sure when he disposed of it. Bottom line is, they didn't think this one out too good and has left the jury with BIG HOLES that hopefully they will fall into.

Someone please tell JVM & Jean C, no that is not the kind of rain Orlando got in 2008. It was 100X worse.
Seriously, this is the typical 5pm-6pmish shower we get just about EVERY SINGLE DAY here in June/July. Back in 08, it was a major tropical storm, Fay. Torrential rain all day long, not just an hour or two.

Ugh I need to go back to tuning the talking heads out, they're infuriatingly ignorant.

I just got back from picking up my grandson and running a few errands and am catching up on news.

I note that the DT estimates that they'll wrap up their case next Thursday, and the state estimate is 1 - 2 days.

In looking ahead, it looks like we can expect the defense to wrap up on June 30th. I'm assuming that there won't be any court for the long 4th of July weekend - Friday July 1, through Monday, July 4th. That would mean that court will resume on Tuesday, July 5th with the case going to the jury probably on Wednesday (6th) or Thursday (7th).

We might have a verdict two weeks from today..................

How weird!! Its as if they are staging a very bad reality TV show.

As you know, media does that each and everyday. Unfortunately this is very real and about a beautiful darling life gone. I hope thats not what was going on.

I think JVM got to see CA put GA in time out on the elevator!!LOL
What a family!!!

There has to be some evidence of an accidental drowning for JB to argue that to the jury. I don't think showing pictures of Caylee in a pool and the possibility of a ladder being up gets JB there. If that is all of the evidence that is put on (assuming ICA doesn't testify) HHJP may not let JB argue drowning to the jury.

Lee knows what happened. She told him. I am sure of it. That's what all that stuff was about. IMO

Does anyone ever think that Cindy's testimony is more about how great of a grandmother she was as opposed to how great a mother Casey was?

Sometimes I think it's still a competition in a round about way.

Not saying Cindy was not a great grandmother now.She loved Caylee no doubt.I just think she likes the last word and the last lingering thought about who really took care of Caylee.

I am pretty sure the jury will dismiss this whole pregnancy thing. We all know people who deny or don't tell about their pregnancies until they are very far along.
I think CA knew the truth but knew better than to keep confronting ICA, knowing the truth would have to come out sometime and didn't want ICA to freak out. The jury is ignoring it- I'd bet some good moeny on it.

I don't get the point of the relevancy really.

2crumc3.jpg

Caption this :)

"Oooooh, I just got a whiff from the evidence table. Does anyone have Febreze?"

<or>

"Ooooh! Wait. I know this answer! It just came to me now and it's AWESOME!"

<or>

"If that's what my timecard says, then by God, that's where I was. Unless I wasn't."

First post. Hope it wasn't time out material!

She's been saying that for about a week now. Again, what is the relevance of that fact? If the defense is claiming that Caylee drowned, wouldn't that play into that theory? But we'll never know the true facts because only one person can testify and she ain't gettin' on that stand!

Cindy tried to claim that Caylee ALWAYS had shoes on and went so far as to say Caylee loved to wear shoes. I guess Cindy didn't remember there are at least 2 videos and couple of pics of Caylee with no shoes on. 'Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Including the video they showed the jury today. *sigh*

Right!!-ICA would have ran right to the queen!!

My point exactly. Can you imagine how many times a younger (and maybe even not so young) KC would shriek "I'm telling MoOoOmm!" like a tattle tale on anything her brother did to annoy her or pester her? Please! These people act like none of the rest of us know a thing or two about family dynamics or what a pure spoiled brat is when we see one! JMO.

Hi, All! This is my first post, although I have been reading in here for a few weeks now. After watching CA lie yesterday, I couldn't wait to get home to watch NG rip her a new one...but instead, I got to see her sympathize with her. Ugh! But at least I have all of you around to help me remember I am not crazy.

I caught most of LA's testimony today-creeptastic. I read about famous juror #4.

Is this chick seriously gonna walk?!

My only comfort is that I felt this exact same way after JB's opening statement. Then it got better.

Anyway, done with my rant. What was the deal with the pool pics today? Was CA trying to say that she now somehow believes that Caylee drowned? Why, then, sit next to George? Why look for Zanny? I am confused.

Everyone on TV said the exact same thing during Scott Petersons trial. Until the state made closing arguments...

My point exactly. Can you imagine how many times a younger (and maybe even not so young) KC would shriek "I'm telling MoOoOmm!" like a tattle tale on anything her brother did to annoy her or pester her? Please! These people act like none of the rest of us know a thing or two about family dynamics or what a pure spoiled brat is when we see one! JMO.

you r right on!!

Does anyone ever think that Cindy's testimony is more about how great of a grandmother she was as opposed to how great a mother Casey was?

Sometimes I think it's still a competition in a round about way.

Not saying Cindy was not a great grandmother now.She loved Caylee no doubt.I just think she likes the last word and the last lingering thought about who really took care of Caylee.

IMO CA was a total control freak regarding every aspect of everyone under that roof's life.

LDB grilled CA about her saying she called GA on the 16th about the pool ladder and gate. My bet....phone records will NO phone call to GA.

Does anyone else notice that the Def calls a witness asks an irrelevant question "do you have 2 cell phones?" and then says "no more questions"

Then 2 days later, they poor soul is sitting in the hall again and they call him and he re-swears in and Baez asks another question "Have you ever worn non-matching socks?" no more questions.

For the love of god man, jot all questions down, get the person on the stand and I don't care if you have to refer to your grocery list, run down all the questions you have let them go and we move on.

What is this tactic? is there genius behind it or is it really just stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FridayCrimeClub