2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, the defense wins either way you look at it. Do you want to believe they would lie to cover up a murder back in 2008 or that they are lying to cover it up now?

How does the defense win in either of those cases?

Maybe LA wasn't including in the delivery because ICA didn't want him to be. It would totally be her decision who is present during the birth.

Maybe Lee was the smartest in the bunch and NEVER thought for one moment that Casey should be having a baby. Cindy says everyone was so, so happy with the news, but he's a brother, siblings judge each other.
JMO

If LA is around MP family maybe he sees that his family life was screwed up and is done with all this. He watched his family become destroyed by KC in public and one day would like to try and have a normal life. Maybe he wants to be able to find a job or eat without stares. I know Im back sliding but I would not do all this for a sibling NO WAY.

Wow. I just now caught up. WTH. First Cindy on the stand spewing more lies, and now a Lee and Casey cryfest? I do agree that family is very dysfunctional. But I am really getting tired of their histrionics. And Lee and Casey NEVER cried this much for Caylee. I ALMOST felt a bit of sympathy for him before realizing he made his testimony about him. He was crying for himself like Casey cries for herself.

I am so incensed at Lee right now. My sister got pregnant out of wedlock, and yes, she's ten years older than Casey, and the baby's father is someone our family at the time didn't like much. I still don't really totally like him. She's divorced, in a lot of debt that my parents spent a lot of money getting her out of, and then the next thing we know she gets pregnant. I was upset about it, but never said anything to her face. My mom's first reaction was silence and she hung up the phone. The point I am getting to is that we both got over our anger at her. I wished I could have been there the day my nephew was born. HE didn't ask to be born. It's not HIS fault that he was brought into this world. My mom and I love him so much. My mom visits him often and is thrilled to be a grandparent and I'm ecstatic to be an Aunt. I'm hopefully going to finally meet him in October.

Also, my stepdaughter was abandoned by her mother, who like Casey, never wanted to be a mother and was a horrible one to her older daughter as well as my stepdaughter. No one in my husband's family has ever held the mistake of my stepdaughter being born against her. Sometimes they don't treat my husband very well, but the anger is where it belongs - on the mother who abandoned my stepdaughter. The child should NEVER have to pay for the mistakes of the adults. I find unconscionable that Lee seemed to hold Casey's mistake and being left out against Caylee. He's more upset at how HE was treated than Caylee and the loss of her life. I. Just. Don't. Get. It!

I don't understand how he didn't even want to be there, and he was upset because he wasn't included? How childish is that? That tells me that he apparently he never loved Caylee much at all. I swear, that poor child was Casey's mistake and couldn't overcome it in that family. I can't imagine making a child pay for the adult's mistake. That is just not fair to the innocent child. No wonder Caylee was murdered. Everyone was too involved in their own emotional problems, and she was just another mistake to deal with. That is so sad beyond words to me.

OMG, if he falls on his sword and admits molestation, I don't know what I am going to do. This whole trial has just gone INSANE on a level I didn't think was possible!

I must admit I am perplexed by this relationship between LA and ICA. I believe her emotions this morning were the most real I have seen. Something with her brother really strikes a nerve in her. My Mother in law hardly speaks English, and she was watching this morning and thought the same. I think his tears are for the past and current betrayal of his sister. IMO. :truce:

After stepping away from WS for the past hour, I have decided that LA was not fake crying. The question is WHAT was he crying about? Any theories fellow websleuthers?

I think that he went off the script that Baez had prepared for him, and in doing so, helped to stick a needle in his sister's arm. He cried because he came to the realization that he was going against every attempt to save his sister's life.

I wonder how much damage was done at lunch? What will Lee come back and testify to during cross and then how will it be spun on re-direct?

And if the State had actually investigated this case from the beginning they would have seized all that info... but I feel the SAO and LE failed miserably with this investigation... they drew a conclusion too fast, and now it's coming back to bite them.

they have.... the records person at Gentiva has been on the SA witness list since 2008...

one word: rebuttal

No, Baez definitely patted/rubbed Lee on the back when he exited the stand. I saw it on the WESH live feed.

My bet is Baez is trying to make himself look like a nice person in front of the jury because LA was crying.

JB still has not produced any evidence that either GA or LA molested KC and anyone with a above-ground pool has to get their toddler in by way of a ladder, one way or another. It's still does not prove a drowning. Still not seeing how the body got to Suburban. And, although the judge asked for an estimate by this morning about how long defense plans to take to finish, the judge still does not have an answer from defense. jmo

Another wishful thinking moment...The men in the Anthony family have been beat down so bad by the women. How great would it be if GA & LA were the ones that finally stepped up and ended the farce?

Well sheesh I must be missing the big AHA moment by the defense by Lee's performance today. Aphrodite Jones just said it was big for the defense to show family dysfunction.

OK...so we have a dysfunctional family. How does this prove Casey didn't murder Caylee?

Thoughts? Anyone?

Quote for truth.

Every family has a certain amount of dysfunction. :twocents:

I know you've met my family then! We put the fun in dysfunction! And you are correct - normal dysfunctional families don't do as the A's do. I don't even know if that could be called dysfunction, it's more pathological. Mental health time, and I'm not saying that as an insult to anyone with mental health problems, bless them. I mean there is something so wrong here...

Lee is not a juror. He is not sequestered.

I think I'm using the wrong word - aren't they not supposed to know about previous testimony as well (which is why JB flipped his lid about the trash versus garbage thing) ??? And that's why Cindy and George had to get special permission to sit in on the session?

he did just basically testify that Cindy's story about the baby shower and whole family excitement over the pregnancy (including LA) was not true

((according to him))

I understood him quiet differently. I understood that he was left out of all of this, he never once said that the rest of the family wasn't included. It was he that was left out.

wow these threads move faster than Casey Anthony's trial. :)

To me LA's testimony was a whole lotta nothing. He felt left out. Waaa, waaa. Big deal. Means nothing to me. I've felt left out of my family too sometimes when various things happened over the years. I even cried about it. No big deal. You get over it and go on. Happens all the time. That's life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member