2011.06.24 TRIAL Day Twenty-seven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most of us are angry at CA & LA's testimony today because we know so much about this case and the history of the Anthony family, but looking at from the jury's point of view, I feel ok about it.

The jury has seen her mother and her brother caught in several lies today. The jury has also seen ICA's attorney being super sweet and kind to the same brother that he accused of molesting her in his opening statement. The molestation that basically caused her to be sitting in this court today because she didn't know how to handle her daughter drowning because of the "horrific abuse" that was told in specific sickening detail. The jury hasn't heard JB ask George or Lee about any abuse of Casey.

They have to be thinking WTH? Really it's basic commen sense. I'm not worried right now. As a matter of fact, I even feel a little bit better. I know some think the jury is going to take all of these lies as this being a weird family and maybe they did cover up for abuse and drowning, however, add all of these lies to the proof that there was a body in that car driven around by ICA and all of her lies, 31 days, and other evidence and come one, it's clear the lies today are about protecting Casey.

Couldn't have said it better. Thank you!

I hate the way CM talks over LDB. I wish JBP would tell CM to sit down and shut up.

IMO

yes, the Judge has often blasted JA for interrupting and actually tells him to "sit down", but CM is pretty much allowed to do whatever he wants, he is such a good ol'boy. and CM wants everything done in private for the DT, over at the sidebar, where the State has to say whatever they want in front of the jury and everyone. IMO, MOO

No, that's the scary part.

I initially had the same reaction. But from testimony given earlier in the trial, I was able to figure out what happened. Not a big deal, imo. But just listen to the testimony and then tell us what you think. :)

She wasn't handcuffed because of missing Caylee at that point - she was a thief. I don't even know why they'd ask that if LE can't say why she was handcuffed.

Rick Plesea's wedding was June 4, 2005. KC was said to be 7 months pregnant then. Caylee was born a full 2 months later on Aug. 9, 2005. How was she a month premature, per Cindy? Do we know how much Caylee weighed at birth?

I never know for sure what "months" mean when it comes to pregnancy, calendar months or gestational months, such as 7 months meaning 28 weeks. Also possible that the doc gave an estimated due date with there being no early prenatal care and some irregular periods and the baby was earlier than they had planned.

Part of the defense argument was that Casey was even cuffed at one point.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 2:08 PM

The defense alleged that while Casey was not under arrest, she was essentially in custody and being interrogated.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 2:07 PM

The defense filed a motion in limine several months ago seeking to prohibit any part of Casey's initial statements from being used at trial.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 2:06 PM

The motion, as we all know now, was not granted by the judge.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 2:08 PM

Lawyer on here? Defense opened door about handcuffing of ICA by this witness - shouldn't State be able to discuss the handcuffing and what he was told by CA that led him to handcuff ICA?

JG's mom went, not JG.

Thank you! After reading posts and listening to Bill Schaeffer, I think I got what happened today - the DT wants to show the dysfunction and lead that to casey was able to show no emotion after the accidental death of her baby, and act normally, because of her wacky family of liars and deniers. I think that's a stretch and from what it appears was testified to today from the family, it was a fail.

The jury will see that the family is circling the wagons but I doubt that would lead to a finding that anyone could act as coldly and callously as casey.

RBBM
Love this description! So succinct!

the reason that casey was cuffed was because cindy accused her of stealing the car and wanted her arrested.

the defense doesn't want that in

The jury would have heard that on the 911 calls wouldn't they?

Drive it like you stole it LDB!!! Drive that cat right out of the bag!!!

Hey Mock Juror ------ you would have no question that this family would now do anything to save ICA, right?

Maybe she never planned on bringing the baby home at all. Just sayin.

Agreed. Maybe she would have left the baby and one of those, drop off centers..no questions asked or something worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak