2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link to that court record, I'm trying to understand why just because he works for the government, he supposedly can't testify for a defendant? Defense attorneys call FBI agents, Police Officers, Sheriff Deputies, etc as witnesses, yet they work for State and Federal Governments as well.

They testify with the permission of the agency of which they work.
Permission must be requested and approved before they can testify.

Hey pal

Thanks for posting the link. Good lord.......with friends like Geraldo who needs enemies. Geeez. Almost felt bad for Baez there for a ....umm.....1/2 second. Just goes to show how inept and inexperienced Baez is.

I am thinking this is it NT....because of the record being sealed, and Casey being included in the meetings this morning. It certainly sounds private enough to seal the record, and it was Mason who asked for the sidebar.

Geraldo is on Fox now..

I still hope Lee is okay. I am in fear of suicidal tendencies. :(

You know something that has been bothering the hell out of me? IF Lee was as upset on the stand as he seemed to be..and upset for the reasons he said..Then WHY as they were leaving the courtroom did neither his mother or father reach to comfort him..I mean it showed them standing there for a few minutes and Lee still appeared a little upset..Watching that I was thinking somebody give the boy a hug or something! Cindy and George didn't appear to give him a thought..cold as ice..

I think Bill Schaeffer mentioned in his analysis yesterday that defense lawyers are kind of expected to spin the case to the media in order to make their client look better.

Yes they are if there is media with defense speaking, but it would have been better for the defendant if someone would have learned "no comment" and "the defense agrees with a gag order" early on.

I just can't snip this!!

I absolutely (forgive me the word) agree. I have been thinking all day that we will never get to read all that went on in chambers today. I don't know if CM is ill, but it is as good a reason as any.

Is there any word on why JS was there also?[/QUOTE]

Guess I am getting case saturated....but who is JS?
Oh you are a fickle heart. Judge Strickland was there. They were finding a seat for him. Just teasing you. I should have put HHJS. Just wondered if he was friends with CM and/or had some inkling of drama.

Thanks for posting this essies;

The finely aged bologna was made in 1824 and is large enough to feed us all for many days. :innocent:

Plus it is disgusting and inappropriate to even be saying something like that about a person or a situation unless you have proof of it and it is also IMO completely inappropriate and shabby of the Orlando Sentinel to have printed the article. Leave that kind of rubbish strictly with the kind of trash Geraldo comes out with himself to deliver and take the credit for.

And people wonder about the straw that broke Lee on the stand? Then to follow up with this? Really really ethical - aren't you Baez?

You know something that has been bothering the hell out of me? IF Lee was as upset on the stand as he seemed to be..and upset for the reasons he said..Then WHY as they were leaving the courtroom did neither his mother or father reach to comfort him..I mean it showed them standing there for a few minutes and Lee appeared upset a little..Watching that I was thinking somebody give the boy a hug or something! Cindy and George didn't appear to give him a thought..

Well, he was not to be with them while on the stand. I really think Lee is the only one that knew in his mind, that got the brunt end in the family, and is most sensitive to issues out of his control.

In regards to the proffer yesterday, JB said they would be crafting a Motion in regards to JA and Dr Rodriguez. My guess is they crafted the Motion and it was significant enough to explain today's events. jmoo

I hope he isn't planning on "crafting a motion" in regards to the DoD.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Vinnie Politan just tweeted this
NO PLEA DEAL... My pal Jean Casarez spoke with Cheney Mason to confirm! RT to end the speculation! #CaseyAnthony #HLN

No plea--AWESOME!!Now everyone back to work and get ICA to her rightful place on DR!!

Thanks for posting this essies;

The finely aged bologna was made in 1824 and is large enough to feed us all for many days. :innocent:

This is appearing in Hal's blog, right? Not in the actual news news, right?

GR's becoming a true force for evil

And if that turned out to be a false statement, then JA would be in HUGE trouble, and would be a good explanation of today's events.

CM was sitting reading his laptop when out of nowhere, he called for a sidebar on a separate issue. Did he get an email? Did he find a piece of case law the SA or JP violated? Whatever it is, the objection looked to me as if it was prompted by something CM saw on his laptop, and it was quite abrupt and significant... enough to recess for the entire weekend.

Looks to me like this is an issue with the SA, not the DT. JMOO

This has nothing to do with SA, every legal expert out there says it can't have anything to do with SA since the majority of the time they were behind closed doors SA was NOT with them and neither was the court reporter (and if it were a huge complaint about JA, he'd have every right to be in every discussion). SA didn't even appear to be all that bothered, and it was reported that JA was conducting a deposition with Dr. Furton and D. Simms after court adjourned.
This is about DT plain and simple. Why don't people understand this? :banghead:

At sidebar today after it was over, JB walked away, CM, JA, GC and LDB were left standing. All began to walk away and LDB was standing with her arms folded. CM motioned to her to go ahead. I thought he was very much a gentleman for that. A bit later on while the whole DT was going behind closed doors, CM stood aside (again gentlemanly) and let them go in front of him only to have the door closed in his face. I felt very badly for him.

I saw this too but I thought, he purposely lagged back for a few seconds like he was bracing himself or taking a moment before.... whatever was happening. I can't wait to find out what went on, it's probably alot more innocent and not as a big a deal as we are all speculating. lol

Oh you are a fickle heart. Judge Strickland was there. They were finding a seat for him. Just teasing you. I should have put HHJS. Just wondered if he was friends with CM and/or had some inkling of drama.

I just wonder if Judge S' appearance and HHJP asking when everyone would wrap up didn't make issues with whatever happened today. (KC control.) Too many riptides.

If anyone knows: people used to list more mfile (akami) links than the x20877 one. Does anyone still have these?

This used to work for me and I liked it...but doesn't work anymore. I'd love to know if there's something I can do differently as well.

I think he realizes nothing will help ICA at this point. To fall on a sword for her would be foolish .

I don't think he had any intention of falling on his sword - more like trying to stop himself from saying she is guilty and he hopes she gets the death penalty.

That she has ruined his life, took Caylee's life and destroyed his parents and their family.

Yep and as he read and listened to what Baez said I think when he saw the written words he knew he had to do something right then like apologize to the court and pros. Along about the time he read...Baez say to His Honor , No we're not going to do that....

Aaaaand Why didn't Judge P tell Mr Baez to 'SIT DOWN' as he has to Jeff A twice now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper