2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But...but...but.....who is to say that CM DIDN'T finish today????????

Now that I think about it....IF HHJP "gagged" the attorneys of record from commenting today, BUT CM officially withdrew today....that would leave HIM to make a comment to Jean C, which she tweeted, right????

LOL I meant IN COURT :floorlaugh:

They had witnesses lined up outside. Six ? I think. Seems like a wasted day if CM was withdrawing.
HHJP is very protective of the jurors and their time.
He had to have a very good reason to recess for the day.
Just yesterday he told them they would work until 3 with just a 1 hour lunch.

Okay , here is the context.

Geraldo's brother did a little segment on Judge Perry, and they called him the 'hanging judge,' They said he has presided over more Murder One cases than any other judge, and with 100% conviction rate. And he even went and witnessed one of the death by legal injections in one of the cases. And Geraldo said ' I find that kind of creepy.'

If I were a judge, and I were presiding over the Death Penalty proceedings, I would want to go and see one as well. It is the responsible thing to do, imo. It seems creepier to ignore it imo.

I think JP was the Prosecutor in this case and I thought they would go to see it through

Doesn't say a word about Dr. Bass and somebody else...

http://fac.utk.edu/

Forensic Anthropology Center Overview:

The program began with the arrival of Dr. William M. Bass in 1971 to The University of Tennessee Knoxville. He oversaw the development of the discipline at UTK, which culminated with the creation of the Forensic Anthropology Center within the Department of Anthropology, and many resources for students, researchers, and law enforcement agencies.

Then HHJP should just charge him with perjury and be done with it... will he? Not like his testimony is gonna impact the outcome of this trial debacle anyway. jmoo

Well the bottom line is the Federal Government has a vested interest in how it's employees, particularly those with high level clearances (as I'd presume Dr. Rodriquez has) conduct themselves, and whether the way they conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate to their position. They have that right as it is a PRIVELEGE to work at that level and they do not take kindly to their employees getting involved in matters that they deem to be inappropriate. When he testifies that he works for the Department of Defense, people could misconstrue that he is there as their REPRESENTATIVE which he is not.

I'd bet you a dime to a donut, when JB contacted him to testify, Dr. Rodriguez told him he'd need to get clearance. Probably even sent JB a form to fill out that needed to be sent back.

Betcha, unbeknownst to Dr. Rodriguez, JB never sent it back.

Just speculating though. Seems kind of par for the course considering JB has
"finding his files" issues.

he obviously takes his job very seriously. It's easy for a judge to be removed from the consequences of their cases. I'm sure he felt obligated to witness the punishment he had imposed or had a hand in imposing.

He runs a tight ship in a fair and IMO almost too even handed manner. I would venture to guess the defendants were convicted because they were guilty just like this one is.

What I find peculiar is the DT getting Strickland removed and risk ending up with the hanging judge. Good move....for justice, not so much for ICA.

Okay , here is the context.

Geraldo's brother did a little segment on Judge Perry, and they called him the 'hanging judge,' They said he has presided over more Murder One cases than any other judge, and with 100% conviction rate. And he even went and witnessed one of the death by legal injections in one of the cases. And Geraldo said ' I find that kind of creepy.'

If I were a judge, and I were presiding over the Death Penalty proceedings, I would want to go and see one as well. It is the responsible thing to do, imo. It seems creepier to ignore it imo.

Listening to CA -- saying ICA's friends also used the desktop computer in the A's home -- NAME ONE CA?????:rocker:

I haven't seen today's court proceedings yet, but wondered about something...

When HHJP announced that court was in recess until Monday, what was his demeanor?

He has been very vigilante in trying NOT to inconvenience this jury and they already lost a full day on Monday, half day on Wednesday, and because of that, were expected to work FULL DAY today...

So did he seem somewhat angry at having no choice to recess court....or something else?

Just wondering....
He seemed to be in a good mood, not angry or frustrated.

Here is a link which clearly states that Dr. Rodriquez was a graduate student. Yes he did study bugs but he did not co-found The Body Farm.

http://www.thefullwiki.org/University_of_Tennessee_Anthropological_Research_Facility

Here is a link to the testimony of Dr. Rodriquez.

Bill Rodriguez, one of Bass' graduate students, wrote his doctoral thesis on information gathered from this facility.

This is what Dr. Rodriquez said.

Beaz-Are you a co-founder of the forensic anthropology research facility at the University of Tenn?

Rodriquez

Yes I am.

Baez Is that also known as the Body farm?

Rodriguez Correct.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28280973/index.html

Well the bottom line is the Federal Government has a vested interest in how it's employees, particularly those with high level clearances (as I'd presume Dr. Rodriquez has) conduct themselves, and whether the way they conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate to their position. They have that right as it is a PRIVELEGE to work at that level and they do not take kindly to their employees getting involved in matters that they deem to be inappropriate. When he testifies that he works for the Department of Defense, people could misconstrue that he is there as their REPRESENTATIVE which he is not.
Can I ask you an honest question? Do you truly believe that a prosecutor with a reputation such as Jeff Ashton would be willing to risk his career, sully his reputation and and possibly be sanctioned because of Casey Anthony? The State clearly has a solid case. I am interested in knowing if you are honestly asserting that an attorney of this caliber would risk so much because of Casey Anthony.

I don't see a solid SA's case from my vantage point, and yes, I think JA would certainly go out on a limb to get <mod snip> convicted. He is the most widely publicized prosecutor in the world at this moment in time... you think he wants to lose this case with it everywhere in the worldwide media?? moo

Then HHJP should just charge him with perjury and be done with it... will he? Not like his testimony is gonna impact the outcome of this trial debacle anyway. jmoo

Especially since Dr. Rodriguez *isn't coming back!* Both the SA and DT agreed to it.

Listening to CA -- saying ICA's friends also used the desktop computer in the A's home -- NAME ONE CA?????:rocker:

Real? Or Imaginary :waitasec:? Because you KNOW if it was Zanny, Juliette et al, it could make for some lengthy testimony, including, but not limited to a current bio of each "friend" :floorlaugh:

LOL I meant IN COURT :floorlaugh:

They had witnesses lined up outside. Six ? I think. Seems like a wasted day if CM was withdrawing.
HHJP is very protective of the jurors and their time.
He had to have a very good reason to recess for the day.
Just yesterday he told them they would work until 3 with just a 1 hour lunch.

Unless CM refused to stay and since he is the only death qualified attorney they could not go on?

Or JB is taking a back seat and CM needed or asked for more time to prepare since he was going to have to cross examin all of JB's witnesses. Judge started court at 8:30 monday, instead of the usual 9. that tells me an announcement or something will need to happen before that time before the jury is present?

he obviously takes his job very seriously. It's easy for a judge to be removed from the consequences of their cases. I'm sure he felt obligated to witness the punishment he had imposed or had a hand in imposing.

He runs a tight ship in a fair and IMO almost too even handed manner. I would venture to guess the defendants were convicted because they were guilty just like this one is.

What I find peculiar is the DT getting Strickland removed and risk ending up with the hanging judge. Good move....for justice, not so much for ICA.

That's what they call Karma. I forget why exactly they wanted Judge S. removed but I bet they rue that day!

Real? Or Imaginary :waitasec:? Because you KNOW if it was Zanny, Juliette et al, it could make for some lengthy testimony, including, but not limited to a current bio of each "friend" :floorlaugh:

Don't forget Zanny had a key to the Anthony home. :sigh:

I've tried to read most of this thread (impossible) so not sure if this might have been discussed. In the WESH video, before court even begins you can see CM in the holding cell talking to ICA. I'm wondering if he got confirmation from her of something and it was the final straw.

I was really surprised to see HHJP grab Biaz's arm near the end before he called a recess. To follow him in front of the table and touch him like that meant he had something important to say.

All very strange, can't wait for Monday!

Don't forget Zanny had a key to the Anthony home. :sigh:
:floorlaugh: and remote access to the home computer too ya know! she did the other 83 chloroform searches! -oH! and the "shovel" :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob_gf