2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez is going to be facing some major contempt charges and sanctions when this trial is over. Three witnesses now that have changed their testimony. I'm sure there will be an investigation into whatever Lee went to his office for. And, the way he spoke to the judge telling the judge they are not going to do it his way. And Geraldo thought he was so smart tonight saying he had it from credible source..... about what happened today. GOOD so yet another violation of the court's order.

They just keep adding up.

He and he alone has made a mockery of the Court System in this trial and he should lose his license to practice law.

About her name and if it was because they thoght she could be LA's for some reason I think that's totally not the reason

Really I think they were trying to do the all "C" names for girls and they thought of Caylee (which can ve spelled many ways) and decided on that name to be in the "family" C for the girls and Lee just cause they could spell Cayleemthat way. My 3 boys have sort of the same thing going on. My 1st had the same initials as my dad until I married my husband (son's dad) and we legally changed his last name from my Madien name now they (son &my dad) share the same middle name, my 2nd has the same initials as BIL#2 and #3 has my dads first name as his middle name which is also BIL#1 middle name....so yes I can see them keeping her name tied to the family somehow which has nothing to do with Caylee being LA's ( I thought that whole issue was dumb when it was brought up and they checked his DNA)

In our family we have used the same names over and over in various combinations. We have a lot of Daniels and Dennis', Danielle, Renee's and Marie's all in different combo's Some as first names some as middle names.

My son' initials are RAM after his dad and his grandfather. I know that if he has a son his wife and him have already said they are going to carry on that tradition.

That's what they call Karma. I forget why exactly they wanted Judge S. removed but I bet they rue that day!

Wasn't it because he talked to the blogger guy Dave in the courtroom one day? Having him removed was a HUGE mistake by the DT IMHO.

Wasn't it because he talked to the blogger guy Dave in the courtroom one day? Having him removed was a HUGE mistake by the DT IMHO.

The Iorny is rich Mr. Baez. LOL Irony..... is the proper spelling of course.

Baez is going to be facing some major contempt charges and sanctions when this trial is over. Three witnesses now that have changed their testimony. I'm sure there will be an investigation into whatever Lee went to his office for. And, the way he spoke to the judge telling the judge they are not going to do it his way. And Geraldo thought he was so smart tonight saying he had it from credible source..... about what happened today. GOOD so yet another violation of the court's order.

They just keep adding up.

He and he alone has made a mockery of the Court System in this trial and he should lose his license to practice law.

BBM Did Geraldo happen to elaborate? :banghead: ( can't believe I am so curious, I'm stooping to asking what GERALDO said):banghead:

what does Casey having been "molested" have anything to do with she murdered her baby or not? It makes no sense to me. I think a majority of criminals were "victims" of abuse at some point in their lives. Doesn't stop the jury from finding them guilty.

As to the theory that Caylee drowned and that Casey was too scared of her abusive father to admit the truth...that makes no sense to a REASONABLE person.
I agree. I wondered that early on. There are lots of people out there that were abused the did NOT kill their child. If the defense is trying to prove some sort of emotional damage from the alleged abuse then why haven't they brought in some sort of psychiatrist to state this? All they have stated thus far (as far as I know) is the alleged abuse taught her how to lie and that is why she lied about the baby being missing for so long. However, to me, lying about it and going out partying and living it up like nothing happened are two totally different things.

ITA. I think that's what happened when she backed into the garage.

Yep. Backed the car into the garage, borrowed the shovel from the neighbor to bag the remains, took the shovel to the backyard to clean it (hence the cadaver dog hit), then returned the shovel to the neighbor and went on her merry way.

What really brought that all together for me was the butyric acid (first volitile fat to leak during decomposition) found in the carpet fibers from the trunk, the single hair with post mortem banding found loose in the trunk, and Dr. Haskell's testimony that the body was placed into the trunk during the earliest stages of decomp. and remained there for 3-5 days.

And what made me think of all this today? CA's testimony that she looked up chlorophyll and chloroform because she thought her dogs were eating poisonous plants. That's a crock. You don't look up a chemical found in almost every plant on earth because you think a plant is poisonous. You look up the plant itself to see if it has poisonous properties. So where were the searches for bamboo? If they had been there, you better believe the DT would have told us all about them. Did they? Nope. And, if all CA did was an innocent little search on chlorophyll that lead her to look up chloroform (please!), isn't it a mighty big coincidence that Dr. Vass just happens to find "shocking" levels of chloroform in the air sample he took from the trunk of the car?

So, there's chloroform in the trunk of the car, there's a dead child in the trunk of the car who, according to testimony from both Vass and Haskell, is in there from the very earliest stages of decomposition. And, we find the skeletonized body of this child many months later, and she has duct tape attached to her skull. All of this, taken together, tells me that ICA chloroformed Caylee, duct taped her mouth shut, stashed her in the trunk of her vehicle, and went to party with loverboy. Maybe she killed Caylee on purpose (but I don't think so, else why not double bag her from the jump) or maybe she just wanted time with lover boy without the "little snothead" underfoot. Either way, the charges are the same.

And now, I think the mock juror should retire. :)

I doubt the video (which I can't find the link now) of the start of his testimony would ever constitute perjury. If he and Dr. Bass discussed it as he testified, before it was in existence, he could consider himself a "co-founder"/"co-developer" etc.. He and Dr Bass "built the facility and they began the first research together" (paraphrasing).

I would have to hear Dr. Bass say "He didn't co-found the Body Farm! It was all me!"... I haven't heard that yet, so until I do, I doubt he violated any laws with his semantics on the stand. JMOO

With all due respect, what Dr. R stated, under oath, was not true. He was a student studying under Dr. Bass. You may want to read Death's Acre for validation. I cannot post here what is written due to copywright laws, but I assure you Dr. R was NOT a co-founder of the Body Farm.

I doubt the video (which I can't find the link now) of the start of his testimony would ever constitute perjury. If he and Dr. Bass discussed it as he testified, before it was in existence, he could consider himself a "co-founder"/"co-developer" etc.. He and Dr Bass "built the facility and they began the first research together" (paraphrasing).

I would have to hear Dr. Bass say "He didn't co-found the Body Farm! It was all me!"... I haven't heard that yet, so until I do, I doubt he violated any laws with his semantics on the stand. JMOO

Bill Rodriguez was an Undergrad student under Dr. Bass when he began the Body Farm. If you go to Amazon & look up the book "Death Acre", it'll have somewhere around page 101-102 exactly what I've just said.

Sorry, but a fence builder or concrete pourer does not a co-founder make.....

I don't see a solid SA's case from my vantage point, and yes, I think JA would certainly go out on a limb to get <mod snip> convicted. He is the most widely publicized prosecutor in the world at this moment in time... you think he wants to lose this case with it everywhere in the worldwide media?? moo

You really think he thinks it is worth his career? IMO, no one is going to risk all that for Casey Anthony, even though she thinks it, and her defense team does too apparently, since their theory seems to be everyone lied but Casey, everyone is out to get Casey. As for whether the case is solid or not, you are entitled to your opinion. But most would agree it is a very solid circumstantial case. And I believe if the jurors have even a lick of common sense, it won't be tough for them to connect the dots.
I think it's been noted on here, in many places, that Rodriquez perjured himself, so he wouldn't have been a great witness anyway. Juries don't look too kindly on that type of thing.

He emailed him, apparently this Dave guy use to blog about cooking until the Casey Anthony case came along...

:floorlaugh: and remote access to the home computer too ya know! she did the other 83 chloroform searches! -oH! and the "shovel" :floorlaugh:

Oh and Zanny also accessed the home on occasion, in order to replenish Caylee's wardrobe and shoes. She already had in her possession all the necessary toys and books Caylee would need -- she had a duplicate of everything the A's had for Caylee.

But CA never had occasion to call Zanny, invite her over for a pool party, or even take a picture of Caylee with her nanny.

paraphrasing: What do you want me to tell/say to Zanny and Caylee??????- CA

And Zanny was a 10 -- :crazy:

I've tried to read most of this thread (impossible) so not sure if this might have been discussed. In the WESH video, before court even begins you can see CM in the holding cell talking to ICA. I'm wondering if he got confirmation from her of something and it was the final straw.

I was really surprised to see HHJP grab Biaz's arm near the end before he called a recess. To follow him in front of the table and touch him like that meant he had something important to say.

All very strange, can't wait for Monday!
Both CM and HHJP sounded almost sad to me.very subdued,but not angry .

I'm starting to question whether Baez is trying to prove Casey Anthony innocent or trying to prove he can successfully turn this case into a three ring circus. Actually, I think he has probably already proved the later.

I don't see a solid SA's case from my vantage point, and yes, I think JA would certainly go out on a limb to get <mod snip> convicted. He is the most widely publicized prosecutor in the world at this moment in time... you think he wants to lose this case with it everywhere in the worldwide media?? moo

Unlike JB, he's not in it for the popularity...he's a state prosecutor & we all know they don't get paid as much as if they had their own firm. He's trying this case for justice...he has integrity & I hate for people to confuse passion for his job with just wanting to win at any cost like JB.

Okay , here is the context.

Geraldo's brother did a little segment on Judge Perry, and they called him the 'hanging judge,' They said he has presided over more Murder One cases than any other judge, and with 100% conviction rate. And he even went and witnessed one of the death by legal injections in one of the cases. And Geraldo said ' I find that kind of creepy.'

If I were a judge, and I were presiding over the Death Penalty proceedings, I would want to go and see one as well. It is the responsible thing to do, imo. It seems creepier to ignore it imo.

I don't know about JP attending the execution by lethal injection, he did attend the one with the Black Widow lady and that was by electrocution. I see it as he following his cases to the ultimate conclusion.

I can't wait for closing arguments. That is when all of the deeply scientific testimony will be tied together. The dots will be connected, with all of the activities of ICA pulled together in a complete story. It should be riveting. Do we know who will do the closing? I hope it is JA. LDB did a good job with the opening, but the closing requires a more energetic delivery than I think she is capable of providing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77