2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually...He said he got some information in a discussion with his parents that he was present for, and he felt that Baez should know this information. Not a question. He was giving Baez info.

Can you give me a link? Sorry I didn't hear that at all and I'd like to be able to keep my stories straight. I heard Lee say ask him a question.
Thanks,

I can't wait for closing arguments. That is when all of the deeply scientific testimony will be tied together. The dots will be connected, with all of the activities of ICA pulled together in a complete story. It should be riveting. Do we know who will do the closing? I hope it is JA. LDB did a good job with the opening, but the closing requires a more energetic delivery than I think she is capable of providing.

They stated Friday that they would be splitting it up between all 3 attorneys. And JB had yet another cow because..."Wah! That's not fair!".

Okay , here is the context.

Geraldo's brother did a little segment on Judge Perry, and they called him the 'hanging judge,' They said he has presided over more Murder One cases than any other judge, and with 100% conviction rate. And he even went and witnessed one of the death by legal injections in one of the cases. And Geraldo said ' I find that kind of creepy.'

If I were a judge, and I were presiding over the Death Penalty proceedings, I would want to go and see one as well. It is the responsible thing to do, imo. It seems creepier to ignore it imo.

BBM: ITA with this and Geraldo needs to get his facts straight...the death HHJBP witnessed was not one he sat on as a judge. It was the "Black Widow" trial and he was the prosecuting attorney. Geraldo doesn't care about facts...he only cares about ratings and sensationalism. The last staement is all JMO.

I can't read HHJP to save my soul. The man would ROB me at poker. ;)

Your first clue is when he is very very calm - he is white hot angry and using his big stick - the law.
When he's telling you he knows you've been handing him a pile of do do - he puffs out his cheeks and purses his lips and then speaks again.
When he has his hand over his mouth, watch his eyes, usually they are dancing and somewhere he is laughing.
And we've all seen him "medium angry" Sit down Mr. Ashton! Mr Byyyyyyaaazzz! ETC.

The main thing that I really adore about HHJP is he has amazing self control - just amazing. I would be standing at the Bench, heaving things at Baez and screaming (obscenities) while HHJP is speaking oh so calmly and bringing down the club oh so slowly.

That's may be the question at hand... did JA receive or initiate a call?

He received the call. He stood up on camera, under oath and on the record,and gave the name of the DOD official, and described the incident. Are you suggesting he LIED about this on national television, using the DOD officials name?

This was said while he was on the stand, right?

Yes. To me it is apparent Lee despises Baez. He did from the start if you remember the jail videos when Lee was telling her she had the right to tell Baez what to do and she could change lawyers because he was only in this for himself not her.

There is no way Lee would go to Baez with helpful information - no way.

Does anyone know if JA has an angry ex-wife out there somewhere? And was she perhaps a medic for quite some time. ;)

Ok ... I had a thought about CA's testimony about doing the computer searches..

She claimed she did them on March 17th.. March 17th was a MONDAY in 2008.

In her testimony the first time she was up she discussed ica not being able to leave caylee with her on mondays... THis is How that first testimony about mondays went down..
--------------------------------
LDB: you testified you left for work on june 16th 2008 and worked a normal shift?

CA: for a monday yes

LDB: did you talk to Casey at all on June 16th?

CA: through out the day we left messages, as far as speaking with her I think we had a brief convo in the late after noon fourish maybe lasted a few seconds.

LDB: include her plans for that day?

CA: she was going to spend the night as zanny's she knew she couldn't drop Caylee off at work with me...but on mondays are difficult I have a staff meeting and she told me she was going to take Caylee to zannys and she would crash when she got off work because she had an early day at work and that made sense to me. monday can be a late night depending what was going on but typically out by six on mondays.

BBM
Ok soooo.... mabe they have records of those staff meetings and LDB can get those lol..

CA is not a good liar... I dont think the jury will have any trouble figuring out why she says what she does

I don't know about JP attending the execution by lethal injection, he did attend the one with the Black Widow lady and that was by electrocution. I see it as he following his cases to the ultimate conclusion.

I think that denotes an ethical person. If you are willing to subject someone to the ultimate punishment--you should be willing to see it through to its end. HHJP knows exactly what they are playing for, even more so than Baez or even fool Casey and family.

It would prob'ly do Baez good to watch a DP carried out, it would prob'ly grow him up some.

Here is a link which clearly states that Dr. Rodriquez was a graduate student. Yes he did study bugs but he did not co-found The Body Farm.

http://www.thefullwiki.org/University_of_Tennessee_Anthropological_Research_Facility

Here is a link to the testimony of Dr. Rodriquez.

Bill Rodriguez, one of Bass' graduate students, wrote his doctoral thesis on information gathered from this facility.

This is what Dr. Rodriquez said.

Beaz-Are you a co-founder of the forensic anthropology research facility at the University of Tenn?

Rodriquez

Yes I am.

Baez Is that also known as the Body farm?

Rodriguez Correct.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28280973/index.html

Sorry Grandmaj, I didn't see your post until after posting mine...and thank you for having links, lol :seeya:

Oh Oh later Peeps - A touch of Frost is on PBS. At least this detective knows what he is doing and his murder cases move along to a conclusion - and the bad guy gets caught - all in one hour and forty five minutes without commercials.
Hooray - brain candy!

non-incarcerated Anthony's (or more than one) are just about ready to drop the Abuse Bomb... just a matter of when. Once that occurs, if it does, there will be a whole new series of events that will unfold.

If you think this is a riveting trial now... it will only get more intense. I can't even imagine how or what will happen if someone on the stand makes the accusation against GA. Will they arrest him in the gallery and then charge him? I mean, if someone actually does the deed and opens that door, I can only speculate at the drama that will follow.
[/B]
Snipped and BBM

If someone makes that accusation on the stand, nothing will happen to GA, at least not immediately. That someone would have to have first hand knowledge/observation of said crime. If that person was Cindy, well then she could be charged for child neglect and promoting child abuse.

If it was Lee, they would need to establish his age at the time of observation and validity to such observation. Unless they could prove Cindy or Lee actually witnessed the crime, they would need KC to corroborate that statement.

Mere unsubstantiated accusations would not facilitate an arrest and/or prosecution without evidence and/or corroboration.

Yes. To me it is apparent Lee despises Baez. He did from the start if you remember the jail videos when Lee was telling her she had the right to tell Baez what to do and she could change lawyers because he was only in this for himself not her.

There is no way Lee would go to Baez with helpful information - no way.

I was thinking about Lee's testimony. Do you think he was playing the defense like he has been played? Everything seemed primed for his bombshell, the tissues, the tears triggering ICA's tearful performance...then "I wasn't invited to the birth."
And Jose, "What else were you mad about? What else had you upset? Why were you mad? Anything else make you mad?"
"Nope."
If he did play them like a fiddle, I will laugh so hard!! I'm already laughing...

Yeah, except Caylee didn't drown.

How do I know?

1) Baez said she did
2) April Whalen
3) DUCT TAPE

Fluids come out of many many openings other than the nose and mouth.

Eh, I've been reading on this case for a month now and I guess that I missed something on April Whalen. I checked WFTV's evidence archive for this name and couldn't find it. How does April Whalen prove to you that Caylee didn't drown? I don't believe she drowned either, just curious about this name.

EDIT: I googled her name, now I see. Sorry for not doing that before posting, lol!

They stated Friday that they would be splitting it up between all 3 attorneys. And JB had yet another cow because..."Wah! That's not fair!".

Thanks. I missed the beginning of that. I caught where it was said one attorney would do rebuttal and JB was upset. JA said the DT could use all they wanted.

Thanks. I missed the beginning of that. I caught where it was said one attorney would do rebuttal and JB was upset. JA said the DT could use all they wanted.

The judge said that he would issue an order (Monday, I think) outlining how he expects closing arguments to proceed. I got the impression that he is only going to allow one attorney on each team to present. Not sure about rebuttal though.

In rewatching today's events, I believe that ICA and the DT are accusing the PT of doing something improper. I believe they are still trying for a mistrial and are focusing on something FG did.

Watch the part when CM comes out of the first meeting with JP and the DT.

CM speaks with JA, LDB and FG but he is only directing his comments to FG.

CM gets very animated and then FG crosses his arms in a defensive posture and then LDB gestures with her hand for him not to comment back to CM.

Look closly as CM is talking to FG, CM is feisty and not sickly.

The PT then wants this on record and gestures to the court reporter to follow them into the other room.

When they finally return at the end of the events FG is not looking or sitting by LDB or JA and is on his cell phone and appears agitated.

I believe that court was recessed so JP could look at all the accusations, further investigate and make a legal ruling before continuing with any testimony. I think he sealed the conversation so that any unfounded accusations won't be on the record.

I think at the very end ICA seems very pleased and I believe CM and JB are not at odds but are still working to throw this trial into a tail spin.

CM enjoys, to paraphrase him, sticking it to the state and so does JB.

I don't think anything so far has divided them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay