2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense claims that George helped Casey cover up the accident so that she wouldn't go to jail for the rest of her life for child neglect and because Cindy would never forgive her for Caylee's death.
Yet the defense wants us to believe that George just sat back and watched Casey spent almost three years in jail while he was eating crab cakes and going on cruises, knowing that she was going to end up on trial for murder. Any father in his right mind would have gone to the police and spilled his guts as soon as LE hauled his daughter off to jail.

What is the lesser of the two evils?
1. Being charged with child neglect and having Cindy never forgive her for Caylee's death.
2. Going on trial for murder and possibly face the death penalty.

If George loved Casey enough to want to protect her from a charge of child neglect (not likely) and Cindy's anger, why would he let her face a charge of, and a trial for, first degree murder......where all the Anthony's Dirty Little Secrets would be uncovered.

The defense theory doesn't make any sense at all.

Yes. To me it is apparent Lee despises Baez. He did from the start if you remember the jail videos when Lee was telling her she had the right to tell Baez what to do and she could change lawyers because he was only in this for himself not her.

There is no way Lee would go to Baez with helpful information - no way.

It was during JA's cross of LA. LA said that he heard his parents discussing something that he thought JB should know. LA called JB and asked to meet so he could give JB this info. LA did not inform the state.

June 23, 2011 - the Inmate is looking at the defense PHOTO binder with the photos of Caylee's skull, skeleton, bones ... which she pretended to not be able to look at during testimony when the jury was present -- while Baez and Slabaugh were preoccupied at the podium.

First photo borrowed from ANewsJunkie's album.

Attachments

• ANJ photo binder June 23, 2011.JPG
    ANJ photo binder June 23, 2011.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 103
  • photo binder June 23, 2011.jpg
    photo binder June 23, 2011.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 104
In rewatching today's events, I believe that ICA and the DT are accusing the PT of doing something improper. I believe they are still trying for a mistrial and are focusing on something FG did.

Watch the part when CM comes out of the first meeting with JP and the DT.

CM speaks with JA, LDB and FG but he is only directing his comments to FG.

CM gets very animated and then FG crosses his arms in a defensive posture and then LDB gestures with her hand for him not to comment back to CM.

Look closly as CM is talking to FG, CM is feisty and not sickly.

The PT then wants this on record and gestures to the court reporter to follow them into the other room.

When they finally return at the end of the events FG is not looking or sitting by LDB or JA and is on his cell phone and appears agitated.

I believe that court was recessed so JP could look at all the accusations, further investigate and make a legal ruling before continuing with any testimony. I think he sealed the conversation so that any unfounded accusations won't be on the record.

I think at the very end ICA seems very pleased and I believe CM and JB are not at odds but are still working to throw this trial into a tail spin.

CM enjoys, to paraphrase him, sticking it to the state and so does JB.

I don't think anything so far has divided them.

I watched this morning and saw exactly what you are saying. I thought too that this was directed at FG and watched as he crossed his arms defensively over his chest. I still can't imagine what CM is alleging FG could have done. Any ideas?

The defense claims that George helped Casey cover up the accident so that she wouldn't go to jail for the rest of her life for child neglect and because Cindy would never forgive her for Caylee's death.
Yet the defense wants us to believe that George just sat back and watched Casey spent almost three years in jail while he was eating crab cakes and going on cruises, knowing that she was going to end up on trial for murder. Any father in his right mind would have gone to the police and spilled his guts as soon as LE hauled his daughter off to jail.

What is the lesser of the two evils?
1. Being charged with child neglect and having Cindy never forgive her for Caylee's death.
2. Going on trial for murder and possibly face the death penalty.

If George loved Casey enough to want to protect her from a charge of child neglect (not likely) and Cindy's anger, why would he let her face a charge of, and a trial for, first degree murder......where all the Anthony's Dirty Little Secrets would be uncovered.

The defense theory doesn't make any sense at all.

ITA! and you know what Judge Judy says. "If it doesn't make sense, it didn't happen."

Per Geraldo.."out of wedlock pregnancy" umm...isn't it a little more than that. Out of wedlock supposes there is a relationship and known baby-daddy!
I got out on the web and read some of Casey's prison letters that she wrote to another inmate. In one of the letters (which by the way really reflect on her sense of reality ... or rather lack thereof) she states that DNA tests were done to determine the babies father. The only one she really specifies as NOT being the father (and she was happy about it) was someone named Jesse. From what I gathered from her dialogue in the letter, it appeared that she doesn't have a clue who the father is. However ... this was discussed right before she stated that she wanted to adopt children from around the world and go on an RV ministry with this other inmate to preach about the greatness of God so who knows what is fact or fiction. I'm not even sure she knows.

I was thinking about Lee's testimony. Do you think he was playing the defense like he has been played? Everything seemed primed for his bombshell, the tissues, the tears triggering ICA's tearful performance...then "I wasn't invited to the birth."
And Jose, "What else were you mad about? What else had you upset? Why were you mad? Anything else make you mad?"
"Nope."
If he did play them like a fiddle, I will laugh so hard!! I'm already laughing...

That was the script for Lee, but he didn't follow through ... Baez' good buddy Geraldo told the world.
I think Lee was crying because he couldn't recite the script and help save his sister.
I think the Inmate was crying when she realized Lee was NOT going to follow the script.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-trial-day-28-20110625,0,2868459.story
June 25, 2011
excerpt:
Rivera also shared details about the Baez lunch with Juan Williams on "The O'Reilly Factor" television show.

He observed: "He [Baez] wanted that jury to know that those parents feared Lee Anthony was the father of that child. That's why they didn't want him involved in the baby's birth. That's where he was going. The judge stopped it."

Yep. Backed the car into the garage, borrowed the shovel from the neighbor to bag the remains, took the shovel to the backyard to clean it (hence the cadaver dog hit), then returned the shovel to the neighbor and went on her merry way.

What really brought that all together for me was the butyric acid (first volitile fat to leak during decomposition) found in the carpet fibers from the trunk, the single hair with post mortem banding found loose in the trunk, and Dr. Haskell's testimony that the body was placed into the trunk during the earliest stages of decomp. and remained there for 3-5 days.

And what made me think of all this today? CA's testimony that she looked up chlorophyll and chloroform because she thought her dogs were eating poisonous plants. That's a crock. You don't look up a chemical found in almost every plant on earth because you think a plant is poisonous. You look up the plant itself to see if it has poisonous properties. So where were the searches for bamboo? If they had been there, you better believe the DT would have told us all about them. Did they? Nope. And, if all CA did was an innocent little search on chlorophyll that lead her to look up chloroform (please!), isn't it a mighty big coincidence that Dr. Vass just happens to find "shocking" levels of chloroform in the air sample he took from the trunk of the car?

So, there's chloroform in the trunk of the car, there's a dead child in the trunk of the car who, according to testimony from both Vass and Haskell, is in there from the very earliest stages of decomposition. And, we find the skeletonized body of this child many months later, and she has duct tape attached to her skull. All of this, taken together, tells me that ICA chloroformed Caylee, duct taped her mouth shut, stashed her in the trunk of her vehicle, and went to party with loverboy. Maybe she killed Caylee on purpose (but I don't think so, else why not double bag her from the jump) or maybe she just wanted time with lover boy without the "little snothead" underfoot. Either way, the charges are the same.

And now, I think the mock juror should retire. :)

EXCELLENT post mock juror!! I have posted a few times during this trial but I've mostly been lurking and have anticipated your posts to hear your reaction to all the evidence in the case. I can honestly say I have thoroughly enjoyed all of your posts and this one is the best...it has renewed my faith that the jury will find ICA guilty of all charges. Thank you!!:seeya:

What are the statutes in Florida regarding incest/sexual abuse??

Sorry, I'm not a lawyer so I don't want to misspeak. States are different, and statutes are different according to other factors of the crime (such as age, violence, type of sexual activity, etc). You could probably google it. If it happened at age 8, if it happened at all, and did not continue, and if the limit was 7 years, the statute of limitations may run out at age 15, but there could be a difference for a minor. Likewise, if it started at age 8 and continued to age 16, then the limits might start at age 22. Again, I'm not a lawyer. Maybe you could post that question to the lawyer thread to get a better answer. In my state, it's generally 7 years.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but does anyone else find it "unique" that GR reports that Jose was frushtrated ober rulings from the bench that would keep him from bringing out the abuse theory, and today, Jose is whining over the Furton issue and says basically the same thing? "If we have to, we will tailor Furton's testimony, narrow his testimony..."
I smell a rat. A rat with a mustache and one with a pocket square.

Originally Posted by LongtimeMedic;6764239
B

non-incarcerated Anthony's (or more than one) are just about ready to drop the Abuse Bomb... just a matter of when. Once that occurs, if it does, there will be a whole new series of events that will unfold.

If you think this is a riveting trial now... it will only get more intense. I can't even imagine how or what will happen if someone on the stand makes the accusation against GA. Will they arrest him in the gallery and then charge him? I mean, if someone actually does the deed and opens that door, I can only speculate at the drama that will follow.

You've got to be kidding, no? Even if Lee, Cindy, Casey were screaming George was a chester-the-molester at the top of their lungs, and it was Casey as the supposed victim...they would be told to sit down and shut up.

There would be NO dramatic arrest, if an arrest even happened at all--even with pictures.

You must be thinking TV drama, Oprah or some chit. One can be underage and be abused and used by just about everybody--but unless you realize at that moment--you're pretty screwed.

Realizing years later, as a free adult, time is gone and you're screwed, it is too late to make them pay. Suck it up.

Casey doesn't strike me as the abused, though. Sorry. She makes me ill--fake *cry wolf* sort. She makes it bad for the rest.

I watched this morning and saw exactly what you are saying. I thought too that this was directed at FG and watched as he crossed his arms defensively over his chest. I still can't imagine what CM is alleging FG could have done. Any ideas?

who is FG? tia

In rewatching today's events, I believe that ICA and the DT are accusing the PT of doing something improper. I believe they are still trying for a mistrial and are focusing on something FG did.

CM gets very animated and then FG crosses his arms in a defensive posture and then LDB gestures with her hand for him not to comment back to CM.

The PT then wants this on record and gestures to the court reporter to follow them into the other room.

When they finally return at the end of the events FG is not looking or sitting by LDB or JA and is on his cell phone and appears agitated.

I believe that court was recessed so JP could look at all the accusations, further investigate and make a legal ruling before continuing with any testimony. I think he sealed the conversation so that any unfounded accusations won't be on the record.

I think at the very end ICA seems very pleased and I believe CM and JB are not at odds but are still working to throw this trial into a tail spin.

This would fit until the pros came out and the dt met privately with HHJP. Any charges made against the pros could NOT keep them out.

Ummm...
Since when is sexual abuse and/or incest grounds for an acquittal? I absolutely believe while the theory of abuse may factor into mitigation it will not come into play for the guilt phase. JMO

JB is saying the alleged sexual abuse accounts for ICA's totally oddball behavior AFTER Caylee's death. That she was used to "pushing her pain down" and going into denial mode, as she had learned to do that in order to cope since she was a young child. He hopes to excuse the 31 days of partying that followed the death of one's baby, and all the crazy lies she told to anyone and everyone to cover up the "accidental" death.

Interesting timeline for today. I had not noticed KC throw up her hands entering the courtroom. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28355538/detail.html

Very interesting timeline and video. People have commented that they think JA may be in trouble for prosecutorial misconduct. But I don't think that's the case. The DT looked way too glum, and ICA also looked pretty serious, and not too happy all morning. Something is up with the DT, just have no idea what it is. :waitasec: Since the record is sealed I wonder when, if ever, we will find out what happened.

excellent analysis!
I agree
It matches with what I saw LDBurdick and Mr. George do yesterday at the end of the day. I've never seen LDB soooooo angry! She stomped over to the defense table and leaned into Mason's face and said something, while Baez, the Inmate, Sims, and Fryer looked stunned, and Mr. George followed behind, then LDB stomped back to the Defense table. This was at the same time that Ashton walked over to the defense table and slapped down the yellow paper in front of Baez [probably with the supervisor's name of Dr. Wm Rodriguez with the DoD].

Looks like Mason was trying to be the peacemaker today, to put out whatever fire got ignited yesterday. We know that the Defense filed a Motion to Dismiss claiming prosecutorial misconduct.
Maybe Mason offered to withdraw that nonsense if the prosecutors will go easier on Baez with the motions for sanctions?

Attachments

• ANJ LDB pissed off June 24, 2011.JPG
    ANJ LDB pissed off June 24, 2011.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 86
I'm sure this has been discussed, but does anyone else find it "unique" that GR reports that Jose was frushtrated ober rulings from the bench that would keep him from bringing out the abuse theory, and today, Jose is whining over the Furton issue and says basically the same thing? "If we have to, we will tailor Furton's testimony, narrow his testimony..."
I smell a rat. A rat with a mustache and one with a pocket square.

Wouldn't that be 2 rats?:floorlaugh:

I believe FG does a lot of behind the scenes work for the PT. I think he helps schedule witnesses and coordinates the PT work.

Perhaps the DT thinks he tampered with a witness.

Knowing this DT, maybe ICA thinks he winked at her and she is now claiming sexual abuse.

In any event it looked serious and I hope it turns out to be "a red herring" to quote an ever patient JP.

This would fit until the pros came out and the dt met privately with HHJP. Any charges made against the pros could NOT keep them out.
So true. Thank you for pointing that out. This is all getting to me lol. I just love fg and would hate to think the dt is trying to throw him under the bus now.

They would still have to investigate every complaint though. The Statutes Of Limitations for abuse under age 16 seem to have been done away with in 2010 with Florida HB 525. moo

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=42911

Effective July 2, 2010. I believe any crime would be processed by the rules in place at the time of the offense.

HB 525 amends §95.11, F.S., providing no time limitation for a civil cause of action for Sexual Battery (as defined above), when the victim was under the age of 16 at the time of the offense. The bill applies to all actions except those which would have been time barred on or before July 1, 2010.

Impact of the New Law
With rare exceptions, Florida abuse victims who have passed their 22nd birthday cannot bring a civil lawsuit under the old or new law. Abuse victims presently under age 22, abused before reaching 16 years of age, have no time limit within which to commence a civil action. As an example: a child victim of Sexual Battery at a church or child care facility in 1997, at the age of 5, has no deadline within which file a civil lawsuit; the cause of action will never be time-barred. Under the new law in Florida, the possible liability exposure will never expire.

http://www.xpastor.org/articles/love_florida_law_change.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member