2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect (most of) RH's opinions. But I don't agree with him on this. I don't believe that HHJP would throw away an entire day of testimony AND seal the record if it were simply housekeeping issues. Plus he (HHJP) said it wasn't related to the previous argument about Furton. And I don't see HHJP lying about that - or anything else, for that matter. JMO
I agree with you!! They had witnesses to call and did not. Something legal made them stop the trial.

Talk about stupidity!!! I cannot understand for the life of me an ex LE officer smelling decomp. in his daughters car and not calling 911, then try to call his daughter...then he goes to work??? Cindy goes back to work??? None of this makes any sense to me and it's hard to believe this early they were in cover up mode.

Believe it...they were in cover-up..had been since June 15, 2008.

They knew at some level that something terrible was going on with casey and caylee. They knew at some level that casey didn't have a job. They knew NONE of caylee's clothes were taken.

IMO...they should have called that car in stolen in the first 24 hrs. They didn't. Cindy told us she can write her own hours at work. She went to work and didn't take any time off. She never skipped a beat the entire first week her grandaughter was missing. Why? She didn't want to deal with the demons around her. It was easier for her to live in fantasy land with casey.

She knew her daughter and she knew her daughter was not going to be able to handle caylee 24/7.
She also knew her daughter has severe temper/control issues. Cindy chose to bury her head in the sand. She does that well...and GA lets her.

I loved RH description of Geraldo R-You cant believe a dysfunctional reporter when talking about a dysfunctional family!!-LOL

Well here's what I don't get:
Casey knew she didn't work at universal, but she walked LE right up to the door of her "office". Among some of the other whoppers she told them that night/morning.

Delusion apparently runs in the family.

Here's what I don't get: KC knew Zenaida did not live at Sawgrass apartments at a certain apartment # but she led them there anyway. Even after the officers confirmed from Sawgrass apartments that Zenaida Gonzalez had never lived there she continued to stick to this lie. Unbelievable! Of course she left a phone that contained Zenaida's # in her office she did not have. I'm wondering if she really believed in her lies because otherwise, how did she stick to lies that have already been proven false?

LDB made a big deal of CA calling GA to ask about the ladder. I know she did this to later prove that there are no records of CA calling GA from her cell or landline that day.

However, I REALLY wanted LDB to ask CA if she called ICA to ask about the ladder. No one has asked her as far as I see. If they did, and CA said she didn't ask ICA - they should ask "why not?".

I also really wanted LDB to ask CA to tell the "ladies and gentlemen of the jury" if she still has her pool up in her yard - as we all know she does. Yes or no answer only please!

And if she answers truthfully, LDB should just turn to the jury with one eyebrow raised and simply say "Thank you Mrs Anthony, no more questions"

I was thinking that same thing during the testimony. How could you keep a pool (especially an above ground that you could easily get rid of) that you think your grand daughter drowned in.

One of my dogs drowned in my parents pool. A landscaper mistakenly let her into the yard. She specifically wasn't allowed in that area of the yard because she was a bulldog and they can not swim. We had even made sure that we told each and every one of the landscapers that the dogs were not to be let into the yard but a new guy came as part of the crew one day. We saw him walking into the yard (within literally five minutes of his arrival) and we went down to tell the new guy not to let the dogs out. But it was too late, he had already opened the door to the basement, the dogs went out and our bulldog drowned. It all took place within a 5 minute window of time. So - the point of this long story is that I never could swim in that pool again. Luckily my parents ripped it out and had a new one built in a different spot. I'm not sure I could have ever looked at that pool and NOT thought about what had happened. I can't even imagine keeping a pool that one of my own grand children drowned in.

RH is saying he believes aggravated manslaughter is the correct verdict and the one he expects...FWIW

I was listening when he said that, I thought he said aggravated child abuse that resulted in her death=felony murder. Still a capitol case and he'd leave us to hash it out.

Did I read correctly before CM's meltdown in court yesterday the LE went Baez's office?

Do you have a link supporting this? Otherwise it is considered rumor.

I have removed the original post until we can link it up. I will be happy to restore it as soon as we do. :) TIA

Guess everyone believes ICA should get aggravated manslaughter according to RH....sad... ;(

I was listening when he said that, I thought he said aggravated child abuse that resulted in her death=felony murder. Still a capitol case and he'd leave us to hash it out.

I heard the word manslaughter, am pretty sure...the show will be posted at some point, to listen again...

That makes more sense....TY!!!

I was thinking that same thing during the testimony. How could you keep a pool (especially an above ground that you could easily get rid of) that you think your grand daughter drowned in.

One of my dogs drowned in my parents pool. A landscaper mistakenly let her into the yard. She specifically wasn't allowed in that area of the yard because she was a bulldog and they can not swim. We had even made sure that we told each and every one of the landscapers that the dogs were not to be let into the yard but a new guy came as part of the crew one day. We saw him walking into the yard (within literally five minutes of his arrival) and we went down to tell the new guy not to let the dogs out. But it was too late, he had already opened the door to the basement, the dogs went out and our bulldog drowned. It all took place within a 5 minute window of time. So - the point of this long story is that I never could swim in that pool again. Luckily my parents ripped it out and had a new one built in a different spot. I'm not sure I could have ever looked at that pool and NOT thought about what had happened. I can't even imagine keeping a pool that one of my own grand children drowned in.

I love your parents !

I know...but I am one of the ones who did not know the details of this case before April or so of this year...and if not for WS threads, I would not know what this family is like, would not have a clear picture of the dynamic between Cindy and Casey at all. I know motive does not need to be proven, but right now, as a "juror" I would not be able to make that leap that Casey just decided one day to kill Caylee. Personally, I think her motive was very personal and targeted Cindy-she wanted to hurt Cindy in the worst way, just because she could. Not just for her "beautiful life" as Cindy was always going to give in and babysit in the end...

I only graduated from HS, and dropped out after one year of college, but have read just a bit about the theme of Greek Tragedies. So somoen who knows more about them... help me out here.

This seems to be, in my limited understanding, the very description of a modern day Greek tragedy, in that each of the players was locked in to a role defined by the rules of their time. Someone comes along who doesn't play by these rules, while they all are stuck with their predictable roles, which lead to disaster.

George, Cindy, and Lee are stuck in their roles (even though we can see that they did have choices, but couldn't muster up the courage to break out). Casey came along, and used their "stuckness" against them, or something like that.

The concept of the Greek Tragedy is that the audience can see it all coming together ahead of time, and know what is inevitably going to happen, but knows there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

Maybe Cindy's brother, who could see it all coming, but who wasn't listened to by any of them, played the role of that person in a Greek tragedy who stood by the side of the stage and predicted the downfall... I forget what that guy was called.

Now I wish I had paid more attention in high school, because I really think this is a modern version of one of those, and is why the entire world is focused on this trial

he did say agg manslaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member