2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez needs to make his point much much quicker than he does. I fell asleep waiting to see what this man is there to say and I still don't know what his point is!!! The jury is probably asleep too.

This has GOT to be lost on the jury. And the Court Reporter deserves a dozen roses.

Just caught a #caseyanthony juror yawning. No surprise. This chemistry testimony is thick. (Btw-science did not work for prosecutors in OJ)

Dr. Furton said there was no scientifically valid instrument to identify decomposition
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 10:27 AM

Furton says they've tested decomposing animals: cows, chicken, fish, etc. "Quite a bit of overlap" in animal & human remains. #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:26 AM

#CaseyAnthony Furton, who was accepted as an expert witness reviewed reports by Oak Ridge lab a.k.a. the body farm
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 10:26 AM

Blue untucked shirt. Dark pants, black gym shoes. Halo missing. “@Serendipiterry: @JoanneDell What about Jesus Juror (please and thank you"
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 10:26 AM

#CaseyAnthony In motion dated June 25 Cheney Mason wrote: "defendant is incompetent to proceed".
by bobkealing via twitter at 10:26 AM

From def. motion: "Ms. Anthony is not competent to aid... in her own defense and is incompetent to proceed...” #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:29 AM

Just caught a #caseyanthony juror yawning. No surprise. This chemistry testimony is thick. (Btw-science did not work for prosecutors in OJ)
by abcashleigh via twitter at 10:29 AM

Juror 11 is leaning forward as Furton moves to the floor to go over chemicals found in decomposition. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:29 AM

I know many share this sentiment, but seething as I am... and having only recently been in lockup for a timeout ... well... The hubris of Mr. Baez is breathtaking. I'll leave it at that.

Okay, help me out here... is Baez trying to imply that Caylee drowned, but she didn't decompose?

If not in the trunk, how did Caylee's remains get to the remains site? In the words of Detective John Allen, "Did she take a cab?".

He makes zero sense to me. Has Baez forgotten what their defense is?

I think she thought she snowed those docs this weekend; that's why so happy today. Then, read the report and now looking all sad.

I am trying to find the article about Andrea Yates possibly being released from mental hospital soon. Maybe that is where they got this idea. Didn't she have a hung jury and then found insane at second??

If the DT called these in it will be okay but I think she is reading what the first group said about her. LOL. Now she will take this information and use it to her benefit. DT shouldn't have let her have the complete report. She is highly manipulative and is not beyond malingering.

From def. motion: "Ms. Anthony is not competent to aid... in her own defense and is incompetent to proceed...” #CaseyAnthony

by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 8:29 AM

BBM

You know you are a bad witness when you have to apologize to the jury for boring them with charts.

I think MN has been really hoping they would put ICA on the stand because he knows it would be a good show on cross

Okay - I have been walking around in the space around my computer listening to this testimony and have been trying not to use my frye hearing agendas when I listened to him before but it's not working so well.
Is this guy still sounding like a Duffer or is it just me?

Dr. Furton- small chemicals move thru faster than big ones...mass spectrum breaks out chemicals and then it compares to known standards.....buy chemicals run on your instrument insert and compare to your results...chromatogram gives relative abundances different sizes of peaks give relative ratios but ultimately need to run calibration curve with known samples with the amounts.....only way to determine calibration in order to determine .....can't really tell absolute amounts just relative ratios of concentration units chemicals within the same run.....take each peak of different chemical - each chemical is a different color.....this is one person - relative ratios of 24 primary odor compounds we can discriminate 99% certainty it is same person....all people are living - identify what chemicals body give off...human bar code....each line is a different person...different chemicals for different person give off....different pattern of chemicals -everyone different.....doing analysis you insert confidence ....Spearman-Rank most abundant to least abundant....done other statistical methods but this most reliable ...so which chemicals are most common and relative abudance of those...compare bar graphs on left 7 living individuals...and 6 deceased individuals...the deceased ones look more similar to each other then the living....what chemicals are most important to locate human remains....table shows the 20 most abundant chemicals...majority of samples 21 indiv. in a morgue and 6 deceased ind.....what chemical compounds most abundant and relative ratio.....common chemicals and if nothing there they were not present in both.....done this for other decomp animals.....example show decomposing k9's, tuna, chicken, lamb, beef portions of the animal and whole human deceased individuals...what are compounds come from non-human decomp events...excluding ones not related to human remains..

Also have a aid to show decomposing remains.....Lavellier mike - witness steps down to the whiteboard....looking @ DT #EW demonstrative purposes.....separate all complex chemicals ....find thousands of compounds...refine down to 5-12 compounds...these are different functional groups of chemicals...classified into categories...acids, esthers, halogens?, different types of chemicals have different sources.....alcohols, halogenated compounds in human remains....different studies assigned numbers ....there are 8 studies in this particular one...another study published last week not included in here....references came out of the publication....include papers from Dr. Vass highlighted in yellow....breakdown of Dr. Vass finds vs. what other people find....objection - approach sidebar!

My guess is that Casey told the truth about something and it startled the DT. They then came to the conclusion she may no longer be capable of assisting in her own defense.

Okay, this cracks me up!!:floorlaugh: And I needed something to wake me up!

#CaseyAnthony Dr. Furton said there was no scientifically valid instrument to identify decomposition

by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 5:27 AM

The only scientifically valid instrument is the NOSE....

None of this matters unless the subjects are all given exactly the same foods, drugs and controlled (bubble) living environment from the day they are born. That is the only way that they could ever say that all humans have a smell signature...smell print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymoose