2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm such an emotional wreck. People around me are wondering why I'm so attached to this case. I don't know. I am attached to Caylee Marie Anthony. I will never ever forget her.

Ha the door closed on me...I wanted to address this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
IIRC, according to CSI testimony, the skull was embedded in debris up to the eye sockets.

I think that was leaf mulch not mud so it wouldn't be physically stuck firm it was just buried in it to the eye sockets.

For the jury to have any doubt, wouldn't they have to believe at least one defense witness? I just can't see it.

Why would they. Mason is doing a great job for the prosecution!

I'm sure both RK's lawyer and the SA prepped him and he is holding his own. Good strategy not to interrupt imo. It went well for RK. I feel bad for him but the DT is really mucking this up bad. :great:

I think Mr. Kronk is holding his ground. He comes off a little combative, but I would be too if somebody stated on national television to the ENTIRE WORLD that I was a morally bankrupt individual. I venture to say, I might even jump over that witness stand and pummel Mr. CM.

I can't imagine being in Roy Kronk's shoes today with CM's pointless questioning. It is painful to listen & watch.

If my husband ever drilled me & questioned me for over 4 or 5 hours on something I didn't do, I'd show him the door..pronto!

eta: Mr. Bogey is nice to me...just saying I feel bad for Mr. Kronk. :sick:

HE didn't call 911. He didn't see a skull in August. Zara get it straight. He was calling in information that may help LE. He wasn't sure at the time but had a gut feeling. Zara get off the air, please.

My thoughts exactly!! She doesn't seem to have a clue about what is going on. I don't know if that or or voice is annoying me more. ARGH!!

Wonder what Baez's closing statment will be? The same as his OS? I wouldn't put it past him.

last night AF said something like "I will close, err the Defense team will be ready to close..."

Really made me think she will do the close. She is seriously MISSED today.

HE didn't call 911. He didn't see a skull in August. Zara get it straight. He was calling in information that may help LE. He wasn't sure at the time but had a gut feeling. Zara get off the air, please.

This Zara person IMO has noooooo clue what lies in swampy waters in Florida...1 dead snake tells me there are other snakes in the area and that they are LIVE along with other creepy things in that mucky swampy area..

Can you say just "anything" in Closing, like JB did in the OS or are you required to,speak on the facts...as you presented and then tie it all up? I realize in the DT's case...this may be a non-factor.

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Sheaffer says Kronk can hold Baez responsible for any untruth Baez said on TV but not in court. Sheaffer says people rarely do though

Someone ask about this over on the trial thread.

Anyone care to speculate what the DT thinks Jesse Grund has to offer for their side?

And my questions are yet to be answered. They didn't ask George anything worth typing about. Nothing about supposedly finding Caylee in the pool, yelling at Casey. Nothing. I have no idea what they are asking Roy questions about. Where was he supossed to have found Caylee's body?

They aren't saying specifically. They are just implying that he knew where the body was because of all of his phone calls and his interest in the reward money. They are leaving it up to the jury to make that inference.

For me - hands down - the worst day of this trial. Just disgraceful - I've never seen anything like this and can't believe it went on and on.
I'm not clear why the SA weren't jumping up and down continually but I guess it was just to let CM ask everything he could think of and just get it over with.

The more often the SA's object--especially with this witness--the more it will look as though they (the SAO) have something to hide or are concerned about what Mr. Kronk is saying.

The more they allow Mason to try and twist and pull, and turn things around, and the more that the jury sees Mr. Kronk standing his ground, the more credible Mr. Kronk will be and the more disgusting and desperate the defense team will appear.

The SA's will work it all out on cross, of that I am certain.

I haven't seen many interviews with Jesse Grund. I do remember seeing him in the beginning on Nancy Grace and he kinda sounded Team Casey. Will he pull a Mallory and testfiy to how amazing Casey was with Caylee? Is this a last ditch effort for the jury to hear how much aof a "great" mother Casey was to Caylee with an added bonus of testifying to "the secret" involving Lee?

I usually try to do the right thing, but after this...yeah, I probably will think twice before doing that.

What a shame.

I'm about to shoot the TV. This Zara is bad, real bad...

Seriously. She says it is his fault that he did not stay on the scene on the very first day he reported the skull. She says it makes him not very credible that he left, without doing so.

My question is why? He just thought he had done hsi duty by calling it in. He thought the cops would find the skull and that would be it.

This Zahra TH is ridiculous. How does kronks testimony so far say that the body was messed with in any way? She is implying that the jury will think that from the testimony so far. I do not see where or how they would get that from his testimony.

His depostion was pro ICA. He was still carrying a torch for her at the time. He spoke about how nice she was and she changed suddenly but she would NEVER hurt Caylee. He was still under her spell. His testimony helps the defense more than State.

I'm sure the State will turn it around.

Yup. I'm sure she didn't walk around with I'm-going-to-kill-my-daughter-on-her-forehead. How well do we ever really know a person? It's impossible to know what a person is capable of, until she actually does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth