2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodmorning all from the west coast..i'm sick and couldnt sleep so I decided to join you all today :)

Judge Perry ruled in January that the defense can't bring in prior bad acts. I'm not sure how they will prove he was morally bankrupt. I think if Baez will be the one to question Kronk, expect a few smackdowns by Judge Perry. Baez doesn't follow rules and he won't with Kronk that's for sure!

ITA. I like a little drama as much as the next guy, but not looking forward to this debacle.

What do all you Webbers think about that? I haven't followed from the beginning, 3 years ago. I think it sounds very plausible. Anyone out there with more knowledge of this situation? TIA.

LP has been spewing the 'daisy chain' theory for 3 years. I think it's just an excuse not to pay Kronk the $15,000 he promised in the reward fund.

I don't like LP. Can you tell?:floorlaugh:

Good morning.

We're still on yesterday's sidebar? Mods still sleeping? ;)

Our friend LP was on Dr Drew last night (with VP hosting) and he's sticking to his story that Kronk knew where precious Caylee's body was because of his g/f overhearing Casey telling Baez!

I'm still waiting to hear where KC put Caylee's body after the accidental drowning that was accessible to Kronk. The defense has admitted there was a dead body, but denied there is any scientific evidence of a dead body anywhere (they were willing to perhaps hint at conceding that Gerus might have signaled near the pool - but didn't want to give Gerus's signals any credence because he also signaled at the car trunk). So where was it according to the defense?

JB has asked repeatedly if the cadaver dogs were deployed in the Anthony home. The answer is no, and he's pleased with this answer. I think he's asked this of 2 or 3 witnesses so far. So is he going to claim Caylee's body to have been IN the Anthony home? But with no scent that anyone could detect?

What do all you Webbers think about that? I haven't followed from the beginning, 3 years ago. I think it sounds very plausible. Anyone out there with more knowledge of this situation? TIA.

Complete bs and I've never believed it.

Good Morning Peeps !!

Heavenly Father We come to you in a like mind praying for justice of your child Caylee
Thank You for being in control of this situation and to bring justice to those who have sinned against You. Bring peace to our hearts and a clear mind to the Jury. Praying for the witnesses that truth will be revealed and justice for Caylee is the center point of court today.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Beautiful! Amen & Amen

Anyone think that Baez must have made good on the monies owed to Mr Casey given his testimony yesterday? It seemed he was very willing and able to help the defense and yet he had selective hearing issues with the prosecutors.

Also what do you think the jury made of the fact the Baez would actually hire someone like Mr Casey as an investigator?

I was so hoping that somehow it would come out that the reason for their parting ways was because Baez hadn't paid D.Casey. That would have been the 2nd witness to say Baez owed them money related to this case. :floorlaugh:

Just saw one of ICA's former defense team members on the Today show (I'm sorry, I don't recall her name)....literally made my blood boil....she was so sympathetic to ICA, explaining to us stupid viewers how "being in a trial like this, that has "mob-elements" (as in, mob-mentality, not the mafia) could make anyone suffer a mental break." All I could think was, "And whose fault is it that she's even on trial?" Ugh.

I read the transcripts of the police inteviews RC gave -- actually, I was really trying to find an explanation for her name...was she a performer? Exotic dancer, what?? But I found the answer. Anyway, what do you all make of her statements regarding whether or not all the A's knew exactly what happened to Caylee from pretty much the beginning? Is she to be believed? I know, I am horribly behind on research, but I"m trying!

That was Andrea Lyons on the Today Show.

I was so hoping that somehow it would come out that the reason for their parting ways was because Baez hadn't paid D.Casey. That would have been the 2nd witness to say Baez owed them money related to this case. :floorlaugh:

Did Sgt Allen say on the stand they had a falling out about Mr Casey not being paid? I thought he did but I'm not sure now.

If that were the case and the body decomposed inside that house, that stench would still be there today.

According to the psychic she only led Casey to that house to use as a starting point..IOW! She said she always needs a place to begin & goes from there..It was never meant to mean anything imp..I heard her say this on a few shows last night..If this is true then DC had to misunderstand her 'directions' since he began to dig around there.

eta..I don't believe Caylee was ever put there by Kronk or anyone else.

Wonder what the jury thought when they saw AF there again for the first time. If I was a Juror I would think, oh so JB has seen we don't believe him, bring on another.

I don't believe it for one minute! LOL. Supposedly she was ICAs guard but then I read that she was only a clerk in the jail (please dont make me find the link!)
LP also believes JB was the source for the PIs looking in those woods.
I think LPs heart is in the right place, but it seems his mouth isn't always! :banghead:

Raise your hand if you think JB will try to talk about the sexual abuse in his closing and there will be about a hundred objections as he dances around it trying to find an opening.

IANAL, but I believe he can't even mention it in closing since there has been no evidence entered about it. Right? Opening statements are not evidence?

I predict another law school lesson when we get to that point.

BBM:

There will likely be numerous objections when Baez questions Roy Kronk today, and another law school lesson for him. I also expect many sidebars today!

Baez is chomping at the bit to question Kronk, IMO. Should be an explosive day!

Closing argument with Baez? I will have to have my industrial strength headache meds for that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela