2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
still listening to Bill S but am confused. If GA hid body and RK found it and moved it ....why would CA or GA know where to send the two PI’s?

Sure, but he wasn't even sure that's what he saw at the time.

For God's sake.

The man went back, he called LE. He found Caylee.

I feel like we care about the wrong sh--t sometimes.

He did nothing wrong. He found a dead child. He phoned it in.

I'm not trying to say he did anything wrong, just that if all I heard was his testimony, it would come off as strange to me. Given the scenario the DT has posulated, that may not be the best thing for the state. MOO

Also to add:

with total respect to little Caylee.....

Human bone left in the elements here in Florida, become bleach white.
With what RK saw it may have even looked similar to a small white ball.

After the water, muck and animals in more then likely became a darker color of tan

I guess that just seems odd to me, because as interesting as dead snakes are, I can't see any guy I know ignoring the possibility of skeletonized remains. Not saying it didn't go down that way, it just seems... strange. MOO

True, in retrospect. However, think about it at the time, he went into the woods to "relieve himself". This was a wooded area that was apparently full of trash and debris. He thought he might have seen something from 30 ft away and he reported it to the police. Knowing now that it was Caylee's remains, sure it seems significant, but honestly, at the time, it probably wasn't. He was aware of the the fact that she was missing and he reported what he saw. However, put yourself in his shoes. If you see something at a distance, in a heavily wooded area that is full of trash and debris, would you have reacted any different? I doubt I would have. I'd have probably done the same thing. It's not like it's a regular occurrence that when you see trash in the woods, it ends up being a dead body. It's easy to armchair quarterback after the fact, but at the time, he had no way of knowing it was going to have the significance it does now.

Exactly, in fact, I meant to add this. Add to the circumstances I mentioned above, that you are GA or RK and you know that you have absolutely no recourse whatsoever to clear your name--knowing full well that there will always be people who believe these absurd allegations against you--that it will follow, if not define you, for the rest of your life. What would your demeanor be while testifying, and can you be sure of that?
Yes. Thank you.

I feel a bit sick for Kronk right now. Look at how the defense team, and even us have discussed this poor guy. My husband said if he happened upon a dead child, he'd alert LE anonymously, then he'd lawyer up immediately.

IMHO at the end of the day if I were on the jury I don't think I would put very much weight into the Anthony family testimonies when I had to come to a decision. But that's just me.

Me either. CAs only truthful statement was that 911 call reporting Caylee missing. That's why she immediately and still back tracks about the car smelling like a dead body. Overcome with emotion, she told the truth. All other Anthony family testimony is irrelevant to me. IMO, all the statements meant to get ICA off only make her look more guilty.

I, personally, find CA (Cindy) to be a particularly unlikable person (trying to be real nice when I say that) but I really don't think she will face any criminal charges after this trial is over. I just don't.

I don't really even think about her much as we've gotten further into the trial. When she's on the stand I listen but not as attentively as I do to other witnesses.

But again I really don't think she will have criminal charges brought against her by the state. JMHO

I can't say that I care for her either. I do feel for her, though. I wouldn't wish all this on my worst enemy.

Anthony Home motto:" Everyone lies everyone dies".

I don't get the dead snake thing either.......aren't there many snakes in Florida? Who would really even pay attention to a dead snake where snakes are common? Now, it would make sense if RK's co-workers kinda ignored him - as in thinking he was full of it and he just didn't want to push it. Which might explain why it feels a little hinky. RK might have just not wanted to say they thought he was full of it...............IDk. I know he did nothing with the remains, and I'm glad he stayed with it and got her found!

Does anyone know what Missing Children website ICA was looking up?

And also, I asked a bit ago, why didn't the steak knife ever come into evidence. It could've been used to cut the duct tape, and RK mentioned the log looking like it had been cut on. Anyone know why?

Something tells me that hawk will be loud today.

The man who saved Caylee from that damp muck pit needs strength today.....I hope that hawk gives him signs of encouragement.

Me too!!
Hope it sounds something like this!!:maddening:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33DWqRyAAUw"]YouTube - ‪red-tailed hawk screaming‬‏[/ame]

As a dude, the snake thing is odd to me too. Seems to me that any guy who would be that interested in a dead snake would be more interested in a skull but who knows.

for me, this gives weight to his testimony.

i have four brothers and 3 sons. they would absolutely make a bigger deal out of a dead rattlesnake and all the things it could have done to them, whilst holding it up in the air as if they'd barely escaped with their lives....than they would about what they thought "looked" like a skull. if anything, making a deal about something that "looked" like a skull would be cause for a pretty decent mocking.

the snake? that would get them points with their buddies for sure.

I guess that just seems odd to me, because as interesting as dead snakes are, I can't see any guy I know ignoring the possibility of skeletonized remains. Not saying it didn't go down that way, it just seems... strange. MOO

I see what you are saying, but we're all Monday morning quarterbacking here and judging in light of what we now know to be true. At that moment in time, his friends blew him off as being dumb for thinking that could be Caylee - I get that, he got called on being silly and checked himself.

As a very weird example and also an example of me watching this case too much. I live across the street from a park. There are wire mesh trash receptacles in this park. At 9:10 pm I notice a car parked on the road next to the park, a women gets out, puts two white bags of garbage in the trash bin, jumps back in her car, and drives away. Weird. More weird since there is a school there too, with a dumpster that gets taken advantage of a lot of times if you know what I mean.

Should I have called the cops? I thought about it, it was a damn weird thing to do, I snapped my front lights on and she knows I saw her. But I didn't call the cops. Cuz I thought I was being dumb nosy Gladys Kravitz-like (no offense to our Dear Poster Gladys). If there was a big crime thing going on around here, I might have - but I'd sure back off, at least initially, if I was being called names

George tried to communicate with Cindy, he looked at her and you could tell he wanted to talk to her eventually he said something and she didn't even look up. She shook her head yes to something he said. He seems upset, looking around shaking his head no. Looks like he is venting to her. Cindy head down.

I think he stated repeatedly on the stand that all he saw that 1st day was "something white" that might be some kind of skull ... and he stated that he was 30 to 40 feet away and never went any closer...
He didn't say anything about skeletized remains.. nor was he looking for any at that time.

I'm not trying to say he did anything wrong, just that if all I heard was his testimony, it would come off as strange to me. Given the scenario the DT has posulated, that may not be the best thing for the state. MOO
Fair enough.

Let's see how the State does on cross.

I can totally envision that scenario. This is Florida. There are a lot of good ole boy types who'd spend half a day on a dead snake, as hilarious as that sounds. On top of that, guys on the worksite would be like...okayyy, Roy. A skull. Riiiigght. c'mon over here with us and poke the snake some more! lol The skull was a "maybe", the snake was right in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela