2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what "-jfell" means when someone twitters it after Casey's name?
Jacqueline-Fell-Web.jpg

Jackie Fell :)

KC appears to be getting desperate......I expect she has told the DT DO WHATEVER iT TAKES!!!!

Hate to say it, but if they were serious, they'd go after Cindy. GA is a waste of time for them.(May the Gods curse the gas cans forever!)

I don't know. IMO, the defense has bombed repeatedly. But in the end, that might not matter.

I always thought casey would be found guilty of premeditated murder. But then we got juror number 4. That reduced my confidence. My confidence rose as I saw how badly the DT has bungled this case but I'm thinking about Stacey Barker's case. She smothered her baby out her in Calif., around the same time as casey murdered Caylee. Her trial ended around the time this one commenced. She also pretended there was a kidnapping but under questioning, she changed her story quickly, stating that the baby choked and she didn't know what to do.

Her family is almost as unusual as casey's.

She testified and did not come across well. She had attitude.

What worries me is that Emma's body was found quickly and there was a cause of death - suffocation. But the jury, who found her guilty of first degree murder, said they grappled a lot with premeditation. That concerns me because there may be more of a question here in some people's mind as to premeditation.

However, Florida juries can be harsh, so I'm not sure.

I have some concerns but we will see.

It's been mentioned on IS and I'm not entirely sure I understand the legalese but to put it simply, apparently the SA do not have to prove premeditation for 1st degree murder in this case because of the secondary charge of child abuse. If the jury reaches the conclusion that it was murder, even not premeditated, and also reaches the conclusion of child abuse, that creates an aggravating factor and bumps up any murder charge to 1st degree.

» MarkEiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh
I think Casey may be incompetent. After witnessing what Baez did with George, Casey still wanting him as her attorney is compelling proof

:floorlaugh: I Love mark Eiglarsh!!

Jury left courthouse for lunch. Late returning. “@stevemarie4ever: @bobkealing Why is court late?”
by bobkealing via twitter at 1:51 PM

Wow Bill S just did the math and he seems to think ICA WILL take the stand.

3 witnesses outside courtroom, we have already heard 2, that leaves only one more, ICA.

Bill S 2 witnesses so far today and 3 more in hall right now.....who could be number 6...ICA???

CM might have just been approximating when he said 1/2 dozen

Deep breaths and :grouphug: all around. Especially to Caylee's JoJo!

I love both Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick. If Casey testifies then LDB should definately do the cross.

As for the closing statement, ideally, they should both do it. If I had to pick one then it would be Jeff Ashton. We need his fiery passion. If there's ever a reason to display passion then a plea for truth and justice for little Caylee would be it.

Does ahnyone think JB will have a TV career after this is over? How about a law career? I think he is despised by everyone.

from Bill S.
6 witnesses to left to testify yesterday said by the DT

2 witnesses have testified today

3 are waiting in the hall

1? who is 1? just might be KC!!!

Well since this lawyer thing is probably not going to work out for JB, I am sure there is a gas can company that would to hire him. He sure has tried to sell them during this trial!

JA and LDB had suggested that they may both do closing arguments, Baez did not like that idea and complained to JP. I'm not sure what was decided.

I would love to see both of them doing the closing arguments for the state. They both bring a different, but moving, style to their presentation.

ICA clearly loathes LDB. LDB knows it. She would push every button, hit the reset, and reformat ICA's drive. By the time she realized what was happening she'd be sitting on death row.

Have you ever seen or used a filet knife? I won't even have one in my home because they are tiny and very sharp. I'll let my friendly fish monger remove bones from my fish, thank you very much :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap