2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my non-attorney take on it. Some Defense attorneys are sleaze, but most are good people who like to do a good job. IMO, ICA's case is a no-win, and a responsible attorney would have worked very hard to explain that to her, and to also explain how if she made a plea deal she could probably get 20 years, but if she continued to fight this, she would probably face the death penalty.

I don't have the stats, but I do know a lot of women kill their kids, and a LOT of cases are so much worse than this one, little babies tortured and beaten for their whole lives before they are finally killed, and very rarely do these women end up facing death row.
True, but unless the prosecution offers a plea deal, her pleading Guilty only skips the trial phase, and she can still get the Death Penalty...

Thank you! Will we see any naked beach runs in the reBUTTal? :lol:

LOL - I perked up for a minute there but then realized w-h-o- you were talking about...I sure hope not!

Strawberry - did you read the hinky for yesterday? So funny - Mustang Sally...

LOL - I perked up for a minute there but then realized w-h-o- you were talking about...I sure hope not!

Strawberry - did you read the hinky for yesterday? So funny - Mustang Sally...

No, I'll have to go look. And I'll check Eggtree while I'm at it.:floorlaugh:

True, but unless the prosecution offers a plea deal, her pleading Guilty only skips the trial phase, and she can still get the Death Penalty...

......and we know HHJP doesn't mind a woman getting the death penalty,so good luck with that ,ICA !

You got my curiosity... So, I zoomed in on my fabulous, large, High Def monitor for a good look. To me, the hands say, "That takes care of that." As, he does it, he looks to his left at JB. I think ICA would have been to his right, so GA does not look at her.

I am very curious to know exactly what he said to JB on the way to the stand. To my eyes it looked like F___ You! If you are able to find out, please let us know.

ICA is to his left, you can see her at the desk looking completely away from him. I think he makes eye contact with a bailiff and I think he almost made the gesture to himself or to the world. He is unable to make contact with his daughter as she refuses to look at him. :maddening:

if they have evidence of her using her computer at work, logging on and off that could show she was definitely there when she was saying she wasn't. That is different than leaving early or leaving to go run an errand and not marking it down. The time records themselves may not be as important as other evidence of her actually being in the office. Course, the work records may also be completely accurate as every one I saw had a precise # of hours worked and they varied form a short day with 5 hours to long days with 9 or 10 hours. In any event there is no way HHJP is holding the trial for a records from July 15th.
I know but that's what they're hoping to find on the 15th, evidence besides the time card, evidence that shows her presence at work when we know for a fact she wasn't there. It's a long shot for them but you can't blame them for wanting to see if they can find something on the 15th, something other than the time card showing she there when, in fact, she was at the tow yard. Just saying, that's why they want to see the work records for the 15th... it is relevant to the state's rebuttal. Some were saying it's not.

Imo, they won't be successful since she wasn't at the office so there won't be evidence of her being there.

night peeps, on EST almost 11, gotta get some sleep so I can make toads in a hole for my three little piglets before the trial begins... sigh..... Love those little monkeys, really do and sweet little Caylee makes me love em' more

I know but that's what they're hoping to find on the 15th, evidence besides the time card, evidence that shows her presence at work when we know for a fact she wasn't there. It's a long shot for them but you can't blame them for wanting to see if they can find something on the 15th, something other than the time card showing she there when, in fact, she was at the tow yard. Just saying, that's why they want to see the work records for the 15th... it is relevant to the state's rebuttal. Some were saying it's not.

Imo, they won't be successful since she wasn't at the office so there won't be evidence of her being there.

does anyone know what her time card says her hours were that day?

Sure...I would have liked to hear that from JG. I just don't understand what it was considered that was hearsay regarding JG. If JG simply stated that KC told him that she was molested by Lee that doesn't sound like hearsay. What was considered hearsay regarding JG?

My non-attorney take on this is witnesses can testify to what they personally said, and they can testify up to a point on what the accused said, but they can't testify to what people other than the accused said, and they can't testify to what the accused said another person said or did.

Example: JG could testify ICA said she did something to George, but he can't testify ICA said George did something to her.

MOO

It is hearsay because he "heard it being said" he did not say it himself. ICA said that to JG, who is repeating it to the court. We have his depo sitting around here somewhere. It was pretty tame stuff.

If we don't have it - the hinky meter will have it.

I think I've heard much testimony like this let in. I don't get it...maybe I'm daft. But today River Cruz testified and said George told her "it was an accident that went out of control." Here, George said this to River and today River repeated what George allegedly told her. That's the same thing. Are you saying that JG heard KC talking to someone else about being molested by Lee? I don't think so...you said ICA said that to JG, after you state that "he heard it being said."

is fox news going to televise the case. I have a problem with in session due to commercials during testimony. I understand commercial breaks but I miss some important moments.

HLN news is plain irritation... many more breaks to commercials.. then when the host comes on in the drama voice talks for at least what seems eternity with they are back in the court room... lets return but he seems to talk for 15 seconds and 15 seconds is missing the trial... I get so like be quiet.

I try and watch on orland live but my computer after hours of viedo.. it over heats my computer and it shuts down for 20 minutes at a time.. grrr

I like to hear the motions or the back and forth of the issues the attorneys have that are spoken.. instead of news casters giving their view...

I am not in orlando but in Florida does anyone know of any channel that broadcast with out the commercials at times that I am saying... oh no not now.

I have watched most of the trial live here http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/news/anthony_case with none of the feed issues wesh and wftv has had. And, no commercials.

There is a link for the ICA cam just below the video.

is fox news going to televise the case. I have a problem with in session due to commercials during testimony. I understand commercial breaks but I miss some important moments.

HLN news is plain irritation... many more breaks to commercials.. then when the host comes on in the drama voice talks for at least what seems eternity with they are back in the court room... lets return but he seems to talk for 15 seconds and 15 seconds is missing the trial... I get so like be quiet.

I try and watch on orland live but my computer after hours of viedo.. it over heats my computer and it shuts down for 20 minutes at a time.. grrr

I like to hear the motions or the back and forth of the issues the attorneys have that are spoken.. instead of news casters giving their view...

I am not in orlando but in Florida does anyone know of any channel that broadcast with out the commercials at times that I am saying... oh no not now.

That may be all the commercials constantly running on the page - have you tried watching it on cnn.com/live or wdbo.com? You won't get any commercials, no interruptions and usually computers just go to sleep instead of overheating...

The trick there is to turn your sleep prompt to never just for the trial.

Oh please don't give anyone ideas :floorlaugh:
no the nakie pics of Jose and Geraldo on the yacht can't be taken til next week!

u n l e s s ... they have plans for the 4th.lol

Tomorrow is Canada Day! A whole day with no pesky customer phone calls!! Hope we actually get a full day in. When we finish at 5pm - it is still only 2pm where I am so I still get half a day left of a work day.

But tomorrow is not a work day! It's a holiday - hooray! I'm so excited I may ...have an afternoon nap!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3OO0IUPjE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3OO0IUPjE&feature=related[/ame]

God save our land
Glorious and free
Oh Canada! We stand on Guard for Thee

(love to you and yours, from your neighbor to the south - I grasp your hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jro74