2011.06.30 TRIAL Day Thirty-two (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just lost internet feed for the last 15 mins! Was she discredited?

6/30/11

Jury in (9:02)

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF KRYSTAL HOLLOWAY BY JB

(HHJBP's headset is not working)

Are you known by any other name? River Cruz. My father used to call me River and my mother's maiden name was Cruz. Are there any other reasons why you use that name? No.

She met GA at a tent when his granddaughter was missing in July or August of 2008. She went to the tent every day and got to know GA a little better, and developed an intimate relationship with him.

He went to her home about 12 times.

Did you loan him any money?

OBJECTION - relevance - May we approach?

SIDEBAR #2 (9:06-9:08)

SUSTAINED

Did there come an occasion where you had a heart to heart conversation with GA as to what happened with Caylee? Yes.

On that night, he was sitting on her couch and she was sitting on the floor. He had said it was an accident that had snowballed out of control. She was in shock, but by the time she looked up, his eyes were full of tears. She did not elaborate.

This was around Thanksgiving. They were talking about his daughter. She thinks she mentioned that she didn't think he could raise someone...

OBJECTION BY JA - witness should be allowed to answer - HHJBP - go ahead

She didn't think he could raise someone who could harm her child and that is when he said it was an accident that had snowballed out of control. She didn't ask him anything after that.

She believes her relationship with GA ended on the 4th, the day of the balloon release.

She was still in a relationship with him when the Memorial Service occurred.

She was shown Defense Exhibit FT.

After the relationship ended, she did not tell anyone about her relationship with GA before being contacted by LE.

How were you found by LE?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

The police ocntacted her 2 years later. They came to her and presented her with - first question was if she knew GA and if she had had an affair with him. They had texts.

Was it one text or several?

OBJECTION - items not in evidence - OVERRULED

They showed her several texts. They asked her for documentation and she provided them with her phone and the letters he had written her.

She was shown the text, Defense Exhibit FT - a photo of the text message. JB moved it into evidence with no objection and it was marked as 72.

She read, Tuesday December 16 - From GA - just thinking about you, I need you in my life. She recalls when he sent it.

Why did he send it?

OBJECTION - question withdrawn

How did the relationship end? On the Memorial Service day, he was supposed to come over and he didn't then texted her for the next 2 days. She didn't think it was appropriate that he was sleeping with her and wouldn't come see her.

Did he attempt to come to her home around that time?

OBJECTION - establish a foundation

Is there a guard post at your complex? Yes.

Did you have to instruct the guard not to let him in?

OBJECTION - relevance - OVERRULED

Yes.

After the police found her, her name was exposed to the media.

Were you being harrassed by the media?

OBJECTION - relevance - SUSTAINED

I'd like a little leeway.

SUSTAINED- HHJBP repeating

Can I approach? You may.

SIDEBAR #3 (9:17-9:18)

When LE first asked her about the affair, she denied it. She felt that he would get in trouble and the way it ended, she just assumed the media would find out about it if she told the detectives and she was embarrassed. She was also in another relationship - while she was seeing GA, when she told the police, and after.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

She eventually told the police the truth. After being confronted with all of the text messages?

OBJECTION - leading - SUSTAINED

When did you finally tell them the truth? She had no choice because of the texts.

After her info came out to the media, she did not sell her story to a tabloid. She did give an interview. The man who did the iterview offered her the chance to tell her story in full.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

She felt the media would edit certain things and make her look like trash. He gave her the chance to tell her story.

She has a twin sister. She or her sister got compensation for that interview.

She is testifying truthfully. She did want to testify today because...

Why?

CROSS EXAMINATION BY JA

At the time you inserted yourself into the A's life, were they already celebrities? She did not think they were celebrities - they were looking for their granddaughter She agreed they were in the news every day and she sought them out.

How much money did you get from the NI? $4,000 just for talking to them.

Did other news organizations that don't pay, contact her?

The NI gave her the chance to explain everything in detail. She felt that she was being trashed in the media.

You felt the NI was the one place to tell your story?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He told it the way you wanted it told? No, he told it the way it happened.

She did have an affair with GA.

OBJECTION - argumentative - OVERRULED

You do not agree this story is better if you are sleeping with GA? That's not true.

She agreed GA sent her letters?

She was shown State's Exhibit RS and identified it as one of the letters which was sent within a couple of weeks of the text.

JB OBJECTED to letter being entered into evidence - SUSTAINED

SIDEBAR #4 (9:27-9:29)

In early January 2008 she received a letter from GA referencing attempting to get messages to her through her daughter, sister, gate guard and her husband.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

She stated she did not have a husband. She did not tell him she had a husband. He did know she was in a relationship with someone else.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He also referenced her friendship with him and his wife as being very personal to him. He signed the letter...

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Did he sign both himself and his wife?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Yes, he did.

The text was sent 5 days after GA learned that remains had been found.

2/17/10 statement to LE - she was asked if she was in a romantic relationship with GA?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Page 11, Line 2-7. She answered no that she and GA did not become romantically involved - under oath.

When did you first alter that statement? It was February when she told the detectives. Her sister went to the media. Then she spoke to the detectives, within a couple of days and told them the truth.

She spoke to the detectives and told them the truth that she had been sleeping with GA within a couple of days of when they found her.

Her sister went to the media the end of the week of the 17th.

When does the NI contact you? I don't remember. Very quickly?

OBJECTION - asked and answered - OVERRULED

How did the NI interview relate to her changing her story? She had no choice to tell the truth because her name had already come out.

Regarding GA's statements to her - she was talking to him about his daughter and how she couldn't believe that he could raise a daughter who could kill her child - and isn't it true that what GA said was - "I really believe that it was an accident?"

OBJECTION - untrue statement - OBJECTION WITHDRAWN

SIDEBAR #5 (9:38-9:39)

Did you say in your statement to LE: "I really believe it was an accident that just went wrong and she tried to cover it up?" No, that is not what he said.

She read from her statement: "I really believe that it was an accident and it went wrong and she tried to cover it up".

Yes, that is what he said. But he also said...

OBJECTION - let witness finish -

She said he didn't read what was above it where he said it was an accident that snowballed out of control. He never told her that he knew it himself? She never elaborated. She never said he said anything else other than what he said.

He said it was an accident that snowballed out of control. He did not say he was actually there or knew it.

He didn't say he knew it or that ICA said it.

Was there another incident he related to you where he had talked about attempting to get information about the death of Caylee? Did he relate an incident where he threw his daughter up against the wall and attempted to choke her...

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

SIDEBAR #5 (9:43-9:48)

No further questions.

REDIRECT EXAMINATION BY JB

The statement that JA read to you - you saying GA believed.... Do you remember that? Yes.

That statement was taken out of context, was it not? Yes.

Before that line of questioning you had said what? That he said it was an accident that snowballed out of control. That is the first statement, then you followed it up first with JA had you tried to read...

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED - lets just ask the questions

This was a statement he made while he was still out making media statements while he was out trying to find his daughter; and he told you

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

While he was telling the world she was missing - he told you it was an accident? Yes.

The text 5 days after the remains were found - you were still having a relationship with GA? Yes

For two years you didn't tell anyone

OBJECTION- SUSTAINED

How long did you keep quiet.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

2 years. She never went to anyone. The detectives came to her door 2 years later. After that, your relationship was exposed? Yes.

Why did you go to the NE? Because she didn't want the story to be edited. The NE gave her the chance to tell her story in full. The media was saying all kinds of negative things about her.

They said she had a criminal background. She does not.

She has had issues where she failed to sign a citation?

RECROSS EXAMINATION BY JA

She was asked to read from her statement.

OBJECTION -

She is reading from her statement

OBJECTION - document not in evidence - OVERRULED

She read: He said I really believe it was an accident and it just went wrong and then she tried to cover it up. Casey (no verbal response)

JB stating that the document is not being read in context and HHJBP asked to see the document.

She then read: Did he tell you what he thought happened to the child? Yea. What he said - upset - sorry - we have to know the truth - take your time - He said that it was an accident and it went wrong and it just snowballed and he said you know how you tell a small lie and you try to cover it up and it just got really big and out of control. Did he give you more than that? No. What type of accident. He was sitting on her couch and she was sitting on the floor and she understood that because she had done many things in her life that she was ashamed of. She thinks this occurred the last time he was at her house. He didn't give specifics? I really believe it was an accident tht went wrong and she tried to cover it up. Did she say to her that ICA told her it was an accident or just something you believed? He didn't say that - she didn't remember him saying that ICA said it.

So they specifically asked you if she was told about it or it was something you believed?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

GA made it clear to you that he did not have any first hand knowledge?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Correct.

REDIRECT EXAM BY JB

You made the statement that he didn't say ICA told him, he made it sound like he knew it was an accident?

OBJECTION - leading - rephrase

Did he say ICA told him? Is that what you said? Yes. He didn't say ICA told him? Right.

You conveyed to the police?

OBJECTION - leading -

Did you tell the police..

OBJECTION - leading - OVERRULED

She told the police that he knew it was an accident that snowballed out of control? That's correct.

After that he continued to make statements to the media that his daughter was missing.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

RECROSS BY JA

Ms. Holloway, I'm confused....

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED - just ask questions

In your statement you said he didn't say it like he knew? Yes.

Witness excused. Oops - JB wanted to show her something else.

SIDEBAR #6 (10:06-10:08)

Jury sent out for their recess at 10:08 until 10:30

I ask again, at what point did GA because the beacon of honesty where everything that comes out of his mouth (or any A) is the truth? Because he cried on the stand yesterday?

Come on now.

Nothing in my post referenced GA at all. I am talking about personal responsibility. GA could have leaned on any woman for emotional support. She put her shoulder out for GA. She is here because of HER actions. End Of Story.

I normally agree 100% w/ Dr. Lillian Glass, but KH/RC has snowed Dr. Glass completely. I wonder what Dr. Glass will say about this performance on the stand......I have NO IDEA why, but Dr. Glass really, really likes & totally believes River Cruz.

Dr. Glass thinks Baez is quite charming......:sick: and thinks he plays well to the jury. That might explain it...

I don't believe her tears and emotions are genuine. She's too tough for this to rattle her. I believe she's frustrated by Ashton and co. Don't believe the affair biz either.

Kathi B. saying she lied, that she, Kathi interviewed her for over an hour! ( Sorry if this is a repeat)

Over an hour so far for this non-important regurgitation

In the grand scheme of things $4000 isn't a whole lot of money And it honestly isn't enough to go through all this crap. And to have to get on the stand to help a woman get away with a murder of her innocent 2 year old daughter. How does she sleep at night?

IMO, that will not be the last of the money she will receive from Caylees murder.

ih5o28.jpg

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Travelocity is offering a River Cruz for 4k. Reliability can't be assured & dates are subject to change. #caseyanthony @issueswithjvm @WFTV
1 minute ago

Nothing this witness has to say in ANY WAY shows that KC didn't kill Caylee. IMO, it doesn't absolve her of anything she's done one iota. It doesn't lessen the acute heinousness of the murder of Caylee, the disposal of her body in the way it was done, and the subsequent lies and cover-up - or the degree of pain and trouble she's caused everyone around her.

I think this was a total waste of the Court and the Jury's time.

Now wouldn't it be something if Holloway/Cruz hightails it out during the break saying forget this.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966