2011.07.01 TRIAL Day Thirty-three (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! Somenone points out that there was no autopsy! It was a skeletal examination.

If Baez took this case to drum up business he is out of luck. Would anyone really want him as their defense attorney, after this trial? As far as him being used as a TH, I can't see that either. JMHO

This cross begs the question: Has Baez ever actually seen a skull?

Does he not realize that one can peer into a skull through the eye sockets, the nose/ nasal cavity, and the little hole at the bottom of the skull, where the spinal column used to be?

Seriously.

294jo7b.jpg

ICA looking pretty nervous, IMO

Thinking about Good Life in the Big House.

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony Last three witnesses in hall. Cops. Melich and ocso computer team.

Here comes the no search for chlorophyll testimony!
I bet Melich could do all this in his sleep by now.

haven’t read autopsy or tox report in all to render your opinion

objection by JA sustained

released

Casey looks very serious and concerned today. Maybe she is snapping out of her imaginary world, and finally understanding the reality that she is up s*** creek without a paddle.

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF MICHAEL WARREN BY JA

He is a member of a scientific working group - a group of piers tasked with developing best practices within a field - to reach a consensus on how to do something. He is a member of the anthropology group.

Any protocals that require or recommend th opening of a skull?

OBJECTION

No, there is no protocol.

Is it best practice to saw open a skull?

No, sir that has never been discussed.

Why would that be not necessary or a bad idea?

It is not necessary. You can look inside through the large hole in the bottom foramin magnum, and you can see and feel - unless you need to photograph something or further investigate.

Two negative consequences would be...

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Should another expert wish to review the first experts, they would not be able to and it would further damage the remains.

A dental mirror can be used to see in the foramin magnum.

He has a number of skulls in his lab

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He has not had to saw any of them open.

Children's skulls are more fragile.

The witness was shown Defense AZ - a blow up of Defense Exhibit 26.

It is a photo taken by Dr Spitz when he sawed open the skull. The fractures seen - are they what you are talking about? It is. I examined the base of that cranium and the fracture was not there. This is a new fracture.

Draft documents have been posted on line regarding the handling of skulls.

Do any of them deal with sawing open a skull? No

OBJECTION

Are you aware of the Minnessotta protocols? Yes. None recommend sawing open a skull.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

CROSS EXAMINATION BY JB

He did the Power Point video. That was done on Photo Shop?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

He is not a medical doctor a forensic pathologist? No

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He is testifying as to what an anthropologist would do.

Why look into the skull? You are looking for lesions, damage, staining, anything that would help in the investigation.

That would include any staining by the ear that would indicate suffocation?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

There are a number of pathological reasons to look inside a skull? Yes.

If a pathologist feels that is the best way, that should be left up to that professional? The recommendation would be to follow the best practices of your discipline.

OBJECTION - scope - SUSTAINED

SIDEBAR - 3:16

He did not do the cranial washes in this case? No.

Did you review the autopsy report? An autopsy was not done in this case. It was a bone examination of the remains.

Did you review the 23 page report by Dr. G? He didn't think he had ever seen it.

How about Dr. Bruce Goldberger's report? No.

How about the toxicology report?

OBJECTION - asked and answered - SUSTAINED

Witness is excused at 3:20

Object sustain
JB you didn't do the cranial washes? no ....

this was not an autopsy case this was a bone skeletal case....haven't reviewed autopsy report or toxicolgy report ....(object- sustian)

witness excused...

foramina is the plural. The one hole at the base of the skull is the foramen magnum.

Finally JB is done with this witness

Witness is excused

15 minute recess

That's not his job! The report comes after his examination! Duh That's like asking if you reviewed your blood test results as a part of giving a blood sample.

OMG, "he will see if he has anymore questions" :)

They did not need to open the skull.... they looked through the foramen magnum (great hole) at the base of the skull. It was empty of contents so apart from the bony interior there was nothing to examine....

Until this forensic anthropologists testimony I disagreed. I do understand Dr. G's reasoning for doing what she did but I did think ---up until this man's testimony---that she might should have. But I think the jury can clearly see that it wasn't needed now because of this man's testimony JMHO :)

Does Jose Baez have any idea how he comes across? He cannot pronounce things, often mis speaks and rambles. He cannot possibly think he is doing a good job could he?

I am very interested in what will follow the trial in regards to sanctions and issues regarding his actions during this trial.

Casey chose a good match for her representation in my opinion.

Oh, I think JB likes himself quite a bit. He is probably his favorite person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991